Old Raid Tweaks requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Xavion, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are on Maj'Dul, contact me on Hulda. I need one more darn rune from Monolith myself. Instead of the Torden EH, I found I could run the Heroics and Event Heroics, I just don't do the tower with Yveti in it, I can't kill him solo. For Innovation zones, I can only do the Event Heroic, and I ran it in both Heroic and Expert. (Oddly, the Experts are waay easier than the plain Heroics...)
    girney likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh! Thanks for reminding me. Ouka needs those same shinies as well. I'm open to hit up those zones with myself and my alt account if you want to farm them.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. girney Active Member

it would be nice to be able to do old content raids as there is so little new content even with the new instance. having minimum raid member requirements removed seems to be an easy fix. even some of the old heroic zones require multiple players to stand on an area or push entry buttons at the same time. seems like these could be easily fixed also
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

Some requirements have been relaxed today (April 19th 2022) but not sure on extent of those reductions for past exapc's content. If you still run into places where it seems restrictive, let me know via PMs and I can look into each case specifically.
    Twyla, Smashey, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  5. girney Active Member

tasnee and Twyla like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just use a 2nd account and play both characters at the same time. Just alt-tab between both game sessions and hit the switches at the same time.

Personally, I'd like to see the level 90 raid dungeon Icy Keep in Frostfang Sea allow for one person to flip all 6 switches to spawn the final boss. As it is currently programmed, you need 6 people to flip them all once.
    Gharyn, girney and Benj like this.
  7. Xavion Well-Known Member

what changes were made gninja any word or info on it would love ot kno what restrictiosn were able to be made
    Renatuu likes this.
  8. Gninja Developer

The changes would have affected stuff like minimum players required, etc. for the past few expacs. Sorry, the game update kept me pretty busy so wasn't able to get to much else, yet.
    Twyla and Jinksie like this.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Not just 6 people, you need 6 people that are on the same step of the quest. Actually, there are two quests that require the switches being pulled.

And yes, I would like to see someway around this also.
  10. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Any chance that involves Trakanon for the mythical epic weapon quest? I don't know the strat for that but tried pulling him with 4 people and died instantly so I figured there must be a minimum player requirement for that one.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You have to either be a beastlord with super insane DPS to burn him before the script activates in about 10 seconds, or the raid force has to have a minimum of one of every ascension class. He insta-kills anyone who loses their power, so if you're going for the Flawless, you can't be having anyone using Ethereal Assassin.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You either have to do the very complex script, or you have to have so much DPS that you can burn him in a second or two. There is a LOT going on.
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

We all died instantly on agro, and I mean INSTANTLY, with a red message that I can't remember. It felt like a fail condition so I assumed there was a minimum number requirement. Guess I won't be completing that one anytime soon.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I helped a beastlord just completely wreck him once. I believe there were 3 people in total. Can you tell us what your forces were? Were you chronomentored down to 115 so he was still green?
  15. Benj Well-Known Member

I recently killed KA Trakanon with a group of 4-5 characters. The instant death you're seeing is part of the "pre-pull script". Everyone in your raid force must be covered by Toxic Life, a Thaumaturgist group buff. This buff must be up the entire fight, or you will die.

Trakanon can also instantly destroy your main and off-hand weapons, unless you have an Epic 2.0 weapon (fabled and mythical both work). If you don't, someone who has their Epic 2.0 can use its clicky-effect to give you the same protection. As others have stated, you need extremely high DPS to skip the main script. If your class needs a weapon to reach that high DPS, be sure to bring your old Epic 2.0. Not everyone in my small group had that weapon, so it's not a strict requirement these days.

After remembering those two pieces of information, we were able to kill him in less than 20 seconds. Several of us still got ported onto the nearby ledges, but Trak followed me into one and I killed him from there.
    Gninja likes this.
  16. Gharyn Well-Known Member

That is the piece of information I was missing. Thank you. I do have Toxic Life. I will try again.
  17. Xavion Well-Known Member

• please remove timers form all vex beyond the veil and vex beyond the veil challenge raid zone bosses
    • nerf the not having a phantasmal weapon potency nerf to be 15k pot instead of 100k
    • remove the requirement flag of killing shzera in normal beyond the veil to enter challenge version
  18. Dahakon Member

There was a script system that was added into the Game Update 100 - Zek the Scourge wastes
    During the instances The Siege of Zek: Sacrifice had a cut scene after u cleared the trash the boss would spawn and u would have to watch cutscene or escape etc.
    But later in the update the dev team added in a Lamp or vase at the entrance that u would click before u started and it would stop the cutscenes.

Maybe a similar system could be added in for old raid zones below the current Epac's if the coding wasnt to hard.
    The current scripts would stay as they are for the progression level lock players and guilds wanting to see thoses raids and scripts as they were at launch.

But adding a side item per Expac you could click or buy from merchant in game or even adding a recipe book that u can craft allowing u to consume a item while in that given raid zone or before u zone in that would remove the hard scripts that requires
    x amount of players , Requires tanks , x amount of ascensions classes requires access, Special items to kill named bosses , damage stops , etc

If your damage exceeds the boss you should be able to just kill it especial in older raids were all that stops the bosses from dying is a damage stops or scripts that want u to do something, the scripts are there to make it a challenge thats fine but once it becomes older content or 2 - 3 expac's old and if your a player who wants to see content but overlook the scripts u should be able to
    Twyla and axxis32 like this.
  19. Drigg_AB New Member

I'd also love the construct of malice raid to get looked at, having 4 archtypes there to get him to take damage in my experience rare to find players that want to go back in and do the AoM raid mob.
  20. Zizinana Active Member

By the way, yes. It would be just great if the conditions for a certain number of players were removed from the old raid zones. For example, now you can’t recruit people to kill Draazak the Ancient, or to get difficult tiers in Ragrax, the Sepulcher of the Twelve [Raid]Yes, even in a public quest in the Plan of Magic, a certain number of people are needed, but who will go there ...