Fixed Internally Merchant's Den - "Storage Wars" & "Competitive Market Strategies" group update bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by JanEQ, Apr 13, 2022.

1. JanEQ Active Member

The solo mission for Merchant's Den isn't reliably giving clicky updates for the group.

Duo of two players, one on the initial quest, the other on the repeatable version and freeing the captives didn't update both toons.

I'm not 100% sure on if the other parts of the mission gave group updates since both toons were on different parts of the quest series.

There aren't enough captives in the solo zone for two players to get individual updates and the reset timer is a minimum of 18 hours.

Question: Do the non-kill quest updates respawn in the zone?
  2. Bellamorte Active Member

My experience so far is that distance plays a big factor. So make sure everyone is really close before clicking. If that is not what you are seeing, then it may be something else, but that was my case.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We discovered this last night. We ran the H1. Half of us were on "Storage Wars", while the others were on "Competitive Market Strategies". When someone clicked on one of the captive ratonga, only the groupmembers on the same quest as the clicker got quest updates. As a result, at the end the "Storage Wars" questers were short a few 'tongas.

The workaround, insomuch as there is one presently, is to wait until timers expire and then pick up the rest of the updates in a new instance of Merchant's Den. I had not done the solo instance before the H1, so I was able to go in and get more updates, but now I'm waiting out the 18 hour solo timer so I can go BACK in and get the kill updates for "Competitive Market Strategies".

Really, it was very frustrating that clicking the same ratongas didn't update both quests.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

The ratonga NPCs only update for one quest - If you're on different quests, only the quest that the player who hails the NPC is on will update for anyone in group.

The ratonga NPCs *also* have a relatively short range for their update, unlike the quest items which appear to be a zone wide group update.

(In other words, if one or more player is on Storage Wars and one or more player is on Competitive Market Strategies, whichever player hails the 'Captive Vikana Associate' is the quest for the group members in range that will update - the other(s) will not.)
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, you're on different quests!

Ah, I can totally understand how when grouped with others, on separate quest with the same limited goal this would be confusing, and frustrating as it can leave one or the other with an incomplete quest. yeah, I can do something about that!

I'll get this resolved in an upcoming update to make it more group friendly.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Beee, Twyla and 4 others like this.
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be enough goods in at least some of the H1's. I am afaik the only one that is on Cut-Throat Competition and I can only find 8/16 of my updates in this H1 we just did.

I suspect the problem is the quest wants 16 crates and the zone has crates, vases, and rugs. Thus not enough crates total.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I go back in after I clear the zone and hunt my stuff. And you can go do a solo and harvest your stuff from that.
    Twyla likes this.