Server Down Time

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Yozilie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Yozilie Active Member

Dear DayBreak<

I have had my account for 13 years now. Other than my3 yr break, Ive been a paying member. On average Ive spent $1,800 just on membership. That does not include Krono purchases, Station Cash purchases, etc. There are so many more players who have been devoted, paying members, Krono users, etc also, and this 2-hour notice of down time is more than upsetting.

Our guild has had events planned for this week for about a month now to assist our new members, harvest for the guild, raids, etc. I log in only to find the serves down for UP TO 6 hours.

Would it really be too much to ask that we be given at least a 24-hour notice on these updates and down times? a two-day notice would be ideal. Seriously. I'm sure you don't wake up every Tues or Thursday and say "OH! Let's just take the game down for a few hours!" While this may be a minor inconvenience for you and your staff, many players (including myself) are fairly upset on how we are given the notice THE DAY OF, and often only see the notice an hour or so before the servers are taken down.

Sincerely,

Upset Member
    Twyla likes this.
  2. LilNakita New Member

This has been told for a while now? They are adding content and such. They also said it the other day for MOTD? Try not to be too upset. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Rhvaurek Member

#FirstWorldProblems
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

The duration of the downtime was posted yesterday.

The date of the GU has been known for quite a while.

The fact that there is going to be downtime in general is pretty much a given, on nearly every Tuesday.

I don't know what time zone you're in, so I can't argue about whether the post on the forums is today or yesterday for you, but I will admit it doesn't fit your 24 hour notice request - however, they may not have the specifics for the estimated downtime available 24 hours in advance, as they are still working on getting last minute file updates/etc to make as much of the time as possible and they don't seem to have the meeting to discuss the actual 'day of' plan until the day before.

Yesterday's post for the downtime:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-april-12-2022.604247/

Producers letter from Apr 5, 2022 telling you the GU was coming today (Which should tell you today is going to be a long patch day):
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rquest-ii-producers-letter-april-2022.604171/

Roadmap from Jan 19, 2022 telling you the GU was coming in April:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/everquest-ii-roadmap-2022.602908/

In other words - While they could be more *directly* clear about it, there is plenty of advanced warning if you were paying attention, especially if you've been playing for 13 years, to know that this was coming.
    Finora, Twyla, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I never count on being able to game on Tuesday.
    Pohondo, Twyla, Siren and 2 others like this.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Daybreak, it's pretty shameful of you not to be sending around a messenger to this guy's house at least 24 hours in advance of a patch like you do for the rest of us. They're a paying customer, expecting them to have to read something is completely unacceptable in this day and age. Also, since when have you ever patched the game on a TUESDAY? What's that? Literally like, forever? Oh, well never mind then.
    Bhayar, Twyla, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  7. Yozilie Active Member

Oh geesh .... I logged off last night at midnight CST, and there was no notice of downtime on the launchpad. I don't spend my time trolling the forums or following the Dev's simply because there are always smart mouthed responses to valid concerns and or issues. It's quite literally the responses in the forums which keep me away from engaging here. Is it really that much to ask to see the notice of downtime exceeding 2 hours on the launchpad 24 hrs in advance? I pay to play the game with added features - not to be locked out for half of my day.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

You don't need to troll the forums you simply need to check the announcements forum. And you won't get any responses there as most of the threads are locked on posting. And as others have pointed out scheduling anything in game for the normal patch day is just stupid.
    Geroblue and Bhayar like this.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Serious question, if as you say you've been playing for 13 years, how did this downtime take you by surprise? Patch Tuesdays have been a thing forever (sure, it's not 100%, but it's far more often than not). There was a producer's letter on April 5th saying there was a GU coming April 12th. All of the information was there for you to put 2 and 2 together, and yet somehow you're blaming the devs for not keeping you informed.

It just surprises me that someone who says they've been playing as long as they have could somehow be blindsided by something that is so common.
    Breanna, Geroblue and Tkia like this.
  10. Bramdar Active Member

It's still disappointing that the longer duration of the downtime wasn't announced sooner. Reboot Tuesdays are typically 2 hours or less of downtime, the typical patch is 2 hours as well (correct me if I'm wrong,) but then we have some updates with server launches and the like that have 8 hour downtime windows.

The date of the GU was announced in the Producer's Letter and that letter was posted in the launcher. But not the extended duration of the downtime. I'm in Eastern time US so the Tuesday downtime always occurs while I'm working. But for those in EMEA these Tuesday downtime windows are in their prime hours. It's one thing to expect 2 hours of downtime every Tuesday, but it's another to not know it's going to be 6 or 8 until what is effectively the middle of the night before.
    Pohondo likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

But this wasn't Reboot Tuesday or even Patch Tuesday, it was GU Tuesday and New Content downtimes are typically 6 hours or more.
    Breanna, Geroblue and Bhayar like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Agree. The information on the GU launch has been out there to see for quite some time. If you've played this game for more than two xpacs, this is old information about length of DT allotted for regular Tuesdays, maintenance, or GUs. As previously mentioned do what the rest of do...check announcements. Honestly, I'm amazed you say you've played for 13 years and you don't know this. Yes, the forums can be a bit toxic at times, but that's no excuse not to be reviewing NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS for information pertaining to game. That takes about 30 seconds tops.
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  13. Yozilie Active Member

Honestly - I quit reading the letter when they went with the LGBTQBLT stuff. I'm openly gay - married to a gay man. We experience hate every single day. Why would I want to bring that into the game? I cannot and will not support that movement. It simply gives a flag on toons to be harassed in my opinion.

And down time was on Thursdays not so long ago. Again - I avoid the forums for various reasons.
  14. Yozilie Active Member

I would also add that my post was directed to DayBreak. Not the players, or community. While I can respect other's view, I didn't ask for player input. I do appreciate the feedback - it again reminds me as to why I avoid the forums. I was addressing the company. And it's a very simple request/complaint. I'm usually on Discord tbh, and rarely engage in the type chat, or look at the "MOTD". It isn't that much to ask of them to just put a notice on the launch pad of expected down time.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

So you voluntarily stopped reading at a certain point, despite the part pertinent to your complaint literally being the sentence after the bullet point. Nice touch of you to lob the LGBTQIA+ grenade into the thread. A nice way to ensure the mods will lock and/or completely nuke it.

But hey, you answered my question. Doesn't explain how you ignored 13 years of precedence, but you know, honestly I don't care that much, I just thought it was interesting.
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Well actually you did since that's what posting in a public forum does. If you really don't want public responses don't whine in a public place. Simples!
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa, Taled and 3 others like this.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

If you want to address the company and not the public, /feedback in game.

Then you won't have to worry about the peasants getting mud on your cloak, m'lord.
    Mountbatten, Geroblue and Tkia like this.