Overly Complicated Ways to Kill a Named

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Notnasty, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Notnasty Member

I am in the Suite of Screams trying to kill the Bloodmaiden. In my opinion, Daybreak is going way too far in complicating how to kill these named. There are at least 4 things going on at the same time.
    1) try to damage the named,
    2) kill the horror before it get to the beast,
    3) read the text to see what curse you have on you,
    4) try to find the correct circle to step into to be cured
    So, I set my mercenary on the named, cast a few spells, go off to kill the horror, watch my life leach away, try to find the circle, but by now the text chat has scrolled up so I have no idea where to go. BAM I'm dead - - - again.

I've died so many times I've lost count. :-(

It's getting beyond ridiculous. I'm an adult, and I pay to play this game. I'm starting to ask myself why?
    Svenone, Ayodi, Hartsmith and 3 others like this.
  2. Netherfury Member

absolutely loathe that instance with a passion, if i can get away with not doing it, i will, cant solo it, for same reasons as you, so friend runs it with me, but even duo weve still died
  3. Okeechobee New Member

There are other ways than reading the text to tell where to go.

When you have the curse, the correct circle to go in to will be 'screaming', visibly different to the other three circles.
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.
  4. Notnasty Member

Worse part is, even after I complete it, the gear I'm wearing is BETTER.
    Ayodi, Hartsmith, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  5. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

What class are you? If you care to share your character name folks can review and advise if there's anything that could be tweaked for immediate benefit.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Bloodmaiden is pretty darn simple. You either need to pay close attention to the chat text, or use ACT. Kill the adds PRONTO or the wake the dog and you die. Get in the circles and cure the detriment promptly. DPS on the Bloodmaiden in between all that.

To start with, make a macro containing /tar a shrieking horror and put it on a hotkey. Use that hotkey when the chat text tells you Syvanti's summoning another shrieking horror, or else this ACT trigger:

<Trigger R="summons another shrieking horror" SD="kill add" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Periodically throughout the fight, one of the circles of Vetrovians in the room will scream. When this happens, you get a detriment on you that must be cured ONLY when you are in the correct circle. This may mean that you can't use a healer merc, but instead need to use potions and cure yourself. Emotes tell you exactly which circle:
    • victims from Kamapor scream (Centaurs)
    • victims from Karuupa Jungle scream (Pygmies)
    • victims from Mahngavi Wastes scream (Witches)
    • victims from Svarni Expanse scream (Kyv)
    I made some ACT triggers for this as well:

<Trigger R="victims from Kamapor scream" SD="Centawr Circle" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="victims from Karuupa Jungle scream" SD="Pygmy Circle" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="victims from Mahngavi Wastes scream" SD="Witch Circle" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="victims from Svarni Expanse scream" SD="Kiv Circle" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Tyger, Lateana and Hiza like this.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

All those handy little tips do NOT change the fact that the Devs have gone too far especially with the solo (rofl) instances and their no trade or heirloom items. Why bother doing the solo instances when you know there is a slim to no possibility of an upgrade? There are so many good things about the expansion but there are just as many ridiculous things about it. People get frustrated with spinning their wheels to get nothing and they will leave or have left. It wasn't always this way and there is no reason it should be now.
    Diveris, Svenone, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  8. Twyla Well-Known Member

They do seem to be enjoying, way too much imho, making it overly complicated. I play to relax and get out some of my rl frustrations. Not to empty aspirin bottles and scream at my computer because this or that named makes you do 20 things in an exceedingly short amount of time. I really noticed it with Chaos Descending, OMG. Look at the named and all your power is gone the instant you target it, takes an eternity to smite it what with taking a potion get off one shot...no power again, potion greyed out. Major frustration. I noticed when the next xpac released it wasn't that way anymore (a 'gift' from the devs I suppose so we can all race to the new content). This is one reason so many of us, well at least me and my many alts, are getting into the way-back machine and doing really old content. That was fun, challenging NOT stupid hard. Don't even get me started on all the class nerfing they are doing to 'balance' the classes. Suddenly what I could actually solo I can't anymore because they reduced my char's abilities to make the raiders, or my squishy healer can't tank the uber mob people, happy .... or maybe make the support chars be tanks. Used to be you chose what class to play on what you want to do, tank - be a big bad zerker, sneak attack and/or support tank with DPS - monk/etc., give buffs and assist the DPS folks or tank in a pinch - there's your pally, heal etc. - wardens got that covered. Now (at least from what I see from other posts) it seems everybody wants all the classes exactly the same and the devs are obliging them.
    AOE1 and Netherfury like this.
  9. Netherfury Member

i have a few friends that have left, due to feeling that gear progression was only for raiders, not anyone else, total fail
    AOE1 and Twyla like this.
  10. Shadowscale Active Member

not sure how, but i just burn the named down before can even do any scripting as a entirely solo geared necro.

its the only one in the zone that i can skip mechanics
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Regn Member

The boss fights in Suite of Screams are creative, but are executed terribly due to the game's lack of visual feedback and the developer's reliance upon the community to write end user manuals and third party programs. If the developers rely on the players to write the end user manuals, to write additional software, to physically print out maps of bookshelf placements in the game, and to scroll through their chat log in the middle of fights for clues on what to do next, then the developers are adding mechanics that are beyond the boundaries of the game's limitations. These things were best left to raid zones, for progression raids to figure out, but are now added to even the most casual activity.
    Miauler, Twyla, Rolant and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Is the dog still asleep?
  13. Shadowscale Active Member

yep just burn the named and end up avoiding all the mechanics
    Observing likes this.
  14. Moonalways New Member

As a solo non guild player I cannot begin to kill the mobs in my instances which mean i will never get better gear and the fact you have to kill so many bosses to even get the chance to join the raid instances and pqs means I will be relegated to crafting. even with a mercenary and warders I cant do it.. I may not be that good of a player but I have been gaming for over 20 years and I am very frustrated. It seems like the game is now all for the hardcore raiders.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Notnasty Member

I'm a wizard and all the gear I have is better than what is dropped in these solo missions. My Resolve is 6,550. All my spells are either Expert or higher. For me, it's too much going on at once. I can multi-task the bookcases, but the Bloodmaiden killed me over 10 times to where the frustration was just ridiculous. I called out for help in chat and a character came in and one-shotted her. I just had to shake my head and walk away from the computer.
    Tyger, Svenone, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  16. Notnasty Member

TY I will definately give these macros a try.
  17. Notnasty Member

Exactly. I am not a psychology experiment that requires more and more stupid ways to kill a Named. And, I only undertook this to solo mission to upgrade my gear, and was angry that what I was wearing was better. And this Obol currency is next to ridiculous to obtain. The merchant in Forlon Gist needs to accept the currency you get from doing the Renfry Basement quests. Yes, the developers have gone too far, it's almost narcissistic and deliberately cruel what they put paying players through. Yes, I'm pissed that a game I play for enjoyment has turned into this.
  18. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The Obol currency is for adventure work, the Basement quests are tradeskill work.

Yes, Screams is more scripty than some of the other zones but the actions required are written on the dets and in npc say.

Sig's rundown is pretty comprehensive too. It's a bit more complicated of a zone until you gear up a bit more through heroics but I think the goal was to have something interesting for solo folks to do vs. basic hack'n'slash.
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  19. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

When a solo zone requires this much to be able to do it - ACT and macros - you have a solo zone that is way over the top. (and thus not fun)

I mean I had to create a map or 24 or triggers in ACT to do the 2nd name. (Where does anyone think that is fun to do.)

I get the explosion of stats has led to more scripts for encounters to be "challenging" enough, but too many scripts is not fun either.

Oh it is interesting to "figure it out" but after awhile scripts become tedious.
    Svenone, Twyla, Rolant and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cyra Member

I so agree. I have totally given up that I will not have the currency needed to my mount/familar because of these zones. I don't feel that I should have to use ACT or any other type of OUTSIDE macro to complete a quest. If I needed it, then it should be part of the game. It's NOT! I'm so close now to leaving EQ again. Each week this weekly comes up for the Scream quest I just shutter. I don't do the weekly. Now for 2 weeks in a row it's been the one given (at least to me), so thats 2 weeks of not getting any coins I need so badly... totally tired of it.
    AOE1 and Twyla like this.