How does one make money on Test? :-/

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This may seem crass, and it's not what we're here for, and it's not like we have massive, runaway rampant inflation on the Broker (the most expensive thing I've seen there is slightly under 200,000p if you go to the house), but on the other hand, it's not likely that someone's gonna pay dozens of millions of plat for a Krono on Test, either (just as well; keep currency OUT of the economy, one way to handle inflation), and things still cost, even when buying them from regular and holiday NPC merchants. :-/

I'm open to suggestions! In the Horde on Test, we're down to "merely" a low four figures of plat, and I'm getting slightly nervous. :-/

Uwk
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'd call 200kp rampant runaway inflation, especially on Test. And I never have more than low 4 figure balances on live, never mind Test. When I need a topup for rents and things I go spend an hour or two working the highest paying TS weits that are available.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xillean like this.
  3. Playz4fun Active Member

I haven't tried it, but can you use loyalty tokens for bags 'o plat? That would help, I am sure.

Krono for sure out of my price range, lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lateana like this.
  4. Carizia New Member

Pricing something at an exorbitant price doesn't mean it's selling at that price point.
    I think for emergency funds I'd go with using loyalty plat bags. Then look to do adventure missions and sell the drops from the zones.

Unrelated note On mobile typing a more comprehensive answer is ugh!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On Live or TLE, I'd tell you to sell shinies, but that may not work as well on Test. It all depends on how... um... devoted your shiny collectors are. I find that pricing shinies at ridiculously high prices doesn't work worth thbbt, but price them reasonably and they sell like hotcakes.

Once upon a time, my guild had a system of guild ranks based on status contributed at the guild door, which encouraged people to run writs. Another guild we had intermittent contests for who could donate the most to the guild hall door, and let the participants decide how to make the cash.

Crafting writs are good, if tedious. If you have a toon that can solo old raids, those usually pay some nice plat.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooooh...that last is definitely a concept, since a lot (not all, but more than half) of my Testees got all Tokened up! :)

Uwk
    who also loves the other ideas, especially with the guild...clever! :D