Duplicate Account is in use bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tyger, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Tyger Member

Since this morning, the account is in use is happening everytime I camp to different characters.
    Gharyn, Sigrdrifa, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  2. Garthan Member

3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I get it all the time too and we were told (believe it or not) that it would not be fixed.
  4. Hot_Rod Member

This almost always happens to me when I log to another character from my toon with over 10K recipes in his TS book. It was fixed (for me) in the past when they got rid of the poor/med/good/pristine recipes for every single item, but the total recipes has climbed back up there.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have this affliction too. I presume it is because of tragically stupid efforts to fix lag in raids by lengthening the interval between polling the server.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think most of us are hoping that the 64-byte fix in July will help this. I suspect the problem is that your character hasn't disappeared from the world (as the servers see it) in time for the next toon to log in.

For now, I just utter some choice curses, then log back in. It's slightly less annoying than zoning to desktop.
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Twyla likes this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

On the player side, the only way to reliably avoid this is to actually avoid it - Type /camp to go to character select and pick your character manually.

The issue *appears* to be that the increased file sizes for characters is causing a delay server side before characters actually completely save/dislodge from the server when you camp out, causing the current delay timer on the automatic log in on the "/camp <name>" command to be too fast, trying to log in while the previous character is still processing.

Unfortunately, as players have noticed for the past couple of years since this was initially brought up, it's only continually getting worse as we get more data. Granted it is mostly anecdotal, but without a way to hard-fire test it, well..