[Feature Request] Allow us to buy mounts for mercenaries

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by citizen256, Feb 27, 2022.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Umm, NO! I hit my space bar, lift off the ground just a tad, land and my merc is right there where I want him. I am not training another mount for a merc.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. citizen256 Member

As I mentioned in an earlier reply:

1. This is only cosmetic - there is no mount training needed
    2. This is optional - you don't have to do it

Do people not read threads anymore? This is appearance gear and nothing else. The only exception needed is that mercs who can't use appearance gear (the veteran mercs for example) need to be allowed this one piece of "gear".
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I read it, I understand exactly what you're asking for, I still don't see the benefit of cluttering up my screen with even more stuff. Its like people running around wit what looks almost like a full groups of pets.. its all good, till I want to get to the broker or banker while in town, and I have a rough time doing PQ's when people even have their harvest pony's out along with all the other cosmetic pets and you are asking for even more things to be drawn.
    I still say no I don't think its a good idea.
    AOE1 likes this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The only mercenaries that would work on mounts are characters with player based skeletons in them.
    Twyla, Breanna and Lateana like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Also, mounts are really heavy on joints so I'm not sure what having double the mounts on screen would do to performance.
    Twyla, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

But.. but... Ttobey, I want to put Dakshesh on a pony!
    Twyla, Geroblue and Pixistik like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Dakshesh, the centaur, right. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to figure out what you all are talking about.
    Twyla, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Exactly. Horsemen on ponies.
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. citizen256 Member

Thanks for the reply, but wouldn't that be all the humanoid mercs? They all have the same combat animations as the players so they should already have the proper skeletons, no?

Obviously not all mercs would be able to use this feature but that shouldn't be a concern because some mercs can't use the standard appearance gear but people still use them.

And for people concerned about clutter at the broker or bank, just make a 20m x 20m collision object on the floor that auto-hides mounts for everyone. There's already an option to do this in combat so the only difference would be the trigger would be a collision instead of "attack start".
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly like what I said. Only mercs based on a player skeleton could do this.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You underestimate the number of mercs not based on player models.
  12. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I want to see Matri Dut or Zel'Kriaz on a mount...