Pets...companions...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

What class has a pet that fights along side it?
    Ra'Gruzgob likes this.
  2. Cheesenabber Active Member

Conjy, Necro, Beastlord, Illy, all have cast and go pets from the start. Channler has a pet that will attack and intercept damage but won't hold agro. Coercers and Troubys (unsure on dirges) have charms, and druids can (or used to) with aa. Wardens and and SKs get pets with 2.0 (buy in Seru if you have access). Several of those plus others have temp pets.

There might be some other classes with pets I haven't played/played enough to know or have slipped my mind at the moment. I'm not counting mercs cause anyone with the feature can have those :p. And familiars/buff pets help, but don't fight. Just mentioning those in case someone comes along "HEY, YOU FORGOT..."
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Conjuror or Beastlord? Have to really put some thought in to this. Was hoping a druid had a fighting pet.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

Warden does with the epic 2.0, its Tunares Chosen and its fairly decent.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Warden? How exactly does it fight? Magic? Sword? Or....
  6. Xillean Well-Known Member

Warden is a melee druid, the other is Fury which is caster. I use a twohander, normally a wand for ranged but a crossbow can work. Via aa you can convert most of your spells into combat arts,

To be clear druid are a healer class first, but the dps isnt bad solowise at least. The pet is pretty good, mine is ancient and is around 1/3 of my dps parse. I am not fully geared just fyi so an endgame raider might have different results and advice.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay...cool...
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

if gamer on bright side and single, then why not try mystic? .. strong and wise dwarf loves his pet very much, which, however.. is lost somewhere from time to time..
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

LOL
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Aethos Well-Known Member

Shaman (mystic, defiler) has an AA pet too.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Shamans get a pet wolf with their AAs.
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Coercers can charm a pet or alternatively create a duplicate of themselves, like an Illy does.
  13. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Rangers have a battle pet too at 2.0 i believe
    Ugh i wish warlocks had those too i mean like a void beast battle pet da' same goes for wizard with some sort of pet even a flying tome or cat familiar
  14. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

By now half of all classes have battle pets...
    As a lore afficionado....i believe lore wise some classes should have pets and others dont...fortunelly all the current classes deserve their pets...i personally believe....but some still lack pets like wiz/warlock and paladin....and assassins
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

The Ranger pet is one of the strongest pets I have, and I play multiple different pet classes. That bird is truly a killer. Often before I can get an arrow off. On all my pet class toons, the one I use the most I usually Grandmaster or make Ancient level too.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.