AoD Hunters Missions & Items Remain An Indelible Mark on TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by oakmiser, Mar 2, 2022.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

TLDR;
    Please make the new Dracur Hunter's items actually fit into previously established item progression of the server's hunters gear. We feel like we've been baited and switched without warning when the currency type used to buy items was suddenly changed from how it had been for nearly 3 weeks. [It's how we feel, I am not accusing developers of doing that intentionally]

AoD/Skyshrine content release was first delayed by 3 months.

On the release of Skyshrine & Withered Lands we had patch notes saying that hunters was coming out the same day. This was a relief and actually very exciting to not have to wait for midcontent. It was immediately found that the merchant was bugged and not charging cost for the items on the merchant. The NPC was despawned, understandably so.

Two weeks later on the next patch to fix said bug, now the merchant and mission offered were using the same currency as the Destiny of Velious hunter's missions. Those with built up currency could immediately or quickly gain said items. These items did not meet stat standards that previous hunters items have set of being raid level loot of the following expansion. This set of items on the merchant has the prefix Skyshrine infront of every item such as Skyshrine Hunter's Crossbow. Immediately it was pointed out that the same exact stat packages were used on every item. All of the proc and clickies were exactly the same as DoV items down to the decimal points, and even the weapon ratings matched DoV hunter's items, only the death prevent one is understandable. There was even still a bugged shoulder slot item that was missing an entire blue stat as well just like one of the DoV merchant shoulder was as well. We reported this and were told a fix was on the way and that we would not be penalized for doing the quest or buying from the merchant.

Then about a week later from the previous update the same exact items on the hunter's merchant now cost Skyshrine hunters tokens instead of Destiny of Velious, as well as the mission now rewards Skyshrine tokens instead. Effectively making every single hunters run we had done since three weeks ago useless towards Skyshrine items that had been on the merchant that entire time.

Then 2 days later, an entirely different set of items is added to the merchant as well with the prefix Dracur infront of every item such as Dracur Hunter's Crossbow. This set of items has the same exact stat packages as both the DoV, and the first round of Skyshrine Hunter's items but higher amounts, it has exactly the same proc amounts, and clickie stat buff amounts, as well as fervor stat being exactly the same. This matters because every single previous expansion's hunters' items had progressively increased stats on the clickies, the procs, fervor, and weapon damage ratings until all three sets of hunters are literally all just mirror images of each other in the all the ways listed. As well, everyone expected this final set to fix all of these problems as well as give everything two white adornment slots everything and the war rune item slots to get two yellows to match the item progression of Drunder and Skyshrine tier just as every item the drops in that content.

We've wasted our time with no warning whatsoever that our efforts would suddenly be in vain, especially those making it to 20 or more tokens(at 2 tokens for running 4 instances)it comes out to a disheartening waste of time that makes me not want to participate in such things at all.

Why do two sets of gear remain on the same merchant and both cost the new currency while one set is clearly better than the other but has the same cost in amount and currency type?

Can you please bring the Dracur items up to par with next tier's raiding stats like all DoV and previous hunter's items did on adornment slots, procs, fervor, activated buff clickies, and damage ratings?

Would any make up event like a double hunters week or creation of a second mission that gives double tokens for clearing the challenge mode versions of the quest targets be off the table?
    Hailboi, Madigan, Uguv and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you sharing you concerns, but the sooner the players of Kaladim accept the fact the server is being left to die the easier life will be. When a new TLE is announced, the old one is left out in the cold.
  3. oakmiser Well-Known Member

That adds zero to the conversation. You're excusing the lack courtesy of communicating with your customers because a new product will be out soon.

We ask gamers and customers should be concerned with the current product we have. I understand that you and others may not like the expansion currently on Kaladim and want to start over. There are tons of various reasons, I think many of them center directly around all the frustrations that come witb rebalancing itemization and content as we reach and during our time in an expansion. Opting out and accepting the end of the server is a choice but not mine. I will continue to ask for, and bug report problems with, the content I have until it's merged. I have nothing to accept until Varsoon server is actually on the screen to click on and even still I will likely keep enjoying kaladim while Varsoon is on DoF.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Where did I excuse their behavior or say anything about my lack of interest because of what expansion Kaladim is on?

All I was pointing out that history shows once a new TLE is announced the old one is for all intents and purposes forgotten about by the developers. And that any effort on your part in trying to get things improved for Kaladim is futile and wasted energy.
  5. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Understood. I took more like "Why bother with this server its going away".
  6. Uguv Member

The answer to the "why bother?" question is to not further disenfranchise existing players if you want them to come back for the next TLE. Maybe there are so few left that nobody cares though.

Also, your timeline is condensed (which makes things even worse). There were at least 2 weeks between the Skyshrine hunters items available for DoV coins and the switch to requiring Skyshrine currency. I also believe there was at least 1 week between the currency change and the new Dracur items showing up.

Easy fix for this:
    1) make the "skyshrine" hunters use DoV tokens again
    2) make all "dracur" hunters items have 2 white and 2 yellow slots

I believe these 2 changes would help with the goal - to maintain daily logons for people.
    Naneeje and oakmiser like this.
  7. Naneeje Well-Known Member

But... all the work we are doing to improve this server means Varsoon will make it to Skyshrine and have zero issues on launch day. That's why everyone is working so hard to ensure these are solid as we leave each expansion.
    oakmiser likes this.
  8. jelli New Member

I know players were frustrated with the hunters coins. Having the coins for skyshrine and dov being the same when the npc was put in game was misleading. I understand why the coins were changed but it was unfair to the players to just change them suddenly. A bunch of players had run several skyshrine hunters runs and got coins only to have them revert to dov coins by default.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

That's a noble yet naïve thought, and is only true if the next server doesn't start over with balancing / itemization. Which every single previous TLE has.
    I have fought the same battles you are fighting now on the first 2 TLEs, none of which made any difference for Kaladim.