How to rez Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Daltharr, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Sunlei Well-Known Member

everybodies on taranix still, did the avatars come back to Kaladim yet? They should and you'll see life again :p
  2. Daltharr Active Member

You dont have to play there
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am not currently playing there, but them stretching out "content" for 3 years is just bad for the server. By the end of year 2, the population is so small it feels empty, guilds have a hard time filling, the economy is in a bad place.

If the goal is to get a TLE to mid / later expansions (DoV, CoE, ToV) with a healthy population, they need to do 2 things.

1. every expansion can't last 4 months, or like recently 8 months.
    2. do not launch the server in T5, starting in KoS/EoF shaves a year off.
  4. oakmiser Well-Known Member

I agree with these wholeheartedly.

Start at KoS. Gives a reason for Draconic immediately, as the next time wouldnt be until everyone needs it in SF.
    Edit existing achievements to give currently existing rewards upon completion.
    -Current expansion currency
    -Current expansion hunters tokens
    -Faction, even small doses

Do things that relieve the grind that was created to last a year that the expansion was originally released to last without creating a new system like hunters, or new achievements. Use existing code.
  5. Daltharr Active Member

We have Kael and Tarinax. Rivervale was merged not long ago. Obviously theres room for quirky servers that doesnt follow any kind of traditional progress-
    I just prefer linear releases that are dropped in order relative to original launch. - And theres plenty others who have the same wish.
    I have now lost all hope of a Kaladim revival, but as mentioned earlier somewhere, the server didnt start the rapid decline because of some unpopular expack. Kaladim was stil very active the first few weeks of DoV, and it was the long period with no updates that killed it. - it was the mentally destructive grind that didnt have the same relevans as at launch.

Alternative servers is good and all, but once we have had a breather then the best we can get imho, is a Kaladim-clone with a few mutations. A TLE server shouldnt skip content, shouldnt be boiled down to a handfull of favorite zones. A huge part of the playerbase just want a digital home to live in, a place to escape the ascension and excessive p2w.
    Its not so much to play specific content, its more to escape specific elements. A good feature for next TLE would be dynamic releases. 3-4months for the expansions up to and incl KoS, and crank it up to 4-6 months for eg RoK.

There was a real desire to replay DoV, but the way the devs had seperated the better half and bundled it with basically nothing to call it it an expack of its own was just digital suicide.
    DoV wasnt a favorite of anyone i know, but it wasnt so bad as some makes it sound. But it must be closer to the original and many of the AoD feature has to be brought in line with the original launch. And i still think it would make sense to give live-players a reason to play the server for a few months.
    The TLE servers enters some sort of death-spiral where it loose players cus its near end, and its near end because it loose players. That must be mitigated in some way. And DoV did push a lot players out at launch and on kaladim. But I dare claim that CoE and ToV will be popular amongst players who only play "classic", provided they get the chance to play them.

The original devs learned a lot form the mistakes in DoV, and it show - We dont need speedrunners and bypass of Shattered lands > DoF. We need a place to call home. Its a large mouthfull to start from scratch yet again, and its not a motivator if the army of alts and crafters we all need is useable for 1 year., Cutting content will have a negative impact on the desire to reroll.
    We dont need a stillborn launch - We need to extend the shelf life of a new server,