Chronomancy CAUTION: don't engage the last boss until you're ready

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The new Miragul zone requires you to find a handful of items located across the zone, then combine them to form the component that lets you damage the final boss.

You get locked inside a fairly small room when you engage the boss in combat. If you can't feign death or evac, then you're probably going to be stuck in there while your healer easily keeps you alive.

Hey devs, you might want to consider unfreezing the doors so players can actually leash the boss.
    Lateana, Chaeli and Bludd like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

or dont let us engage until the thing is crafted
    Lateana and Chaeli like this.
  3. Praisead New Member

you don't have to craft it. As long as you have all the items in your bag all you need to do is click on the vase. have it on your hot bar and it will automattilly use the items and cast the needed spell to make him killable.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

when i did the solo, the vase made a thing i had to use called "song of bla bla" or something
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Craft it before you go in the room, drag the item to hotbar and have fun, the one that had me running around for a solid 20 minutes was placing the water on the pedestal, couldn't quite get it right, piece of cake once you figure it out tho
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Agree about the pedestal. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. Then I had to leave. I came back and all the quest items were gone. So be careful if you log before you are done. WHY do they put NO-ZONE and TEMP tags on quest items? Makes no sense to me. If they don't want the items around have the quest delete them when it's done. Now who knows if I can get them again. Hope so. Don't want to have to start over.
    Vexil likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

"Craft", as in "Assemble the item"... but I do see you point in the terminology there.
  8. Chrol Developer

You can reacquire them again.

Regarding the doors being locked on the final boss, they don’t need to be, so will remove that with the next update.

Also, the area where you can place the shards on the pedestal will be a tad larger.
    Carynn, Breanna, Bludd and 2 others like this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thank you
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks Chrol for the info. Glad you can get the items again.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Netherfury Member

i really wanted to enjoy this instance, but the idol boss, was frustrating
    the final boss, i went in to without the flask... and got stuck for ages, my auto heals kept me alive, and i couldnt port out
    really bad design
    Suidakra likes this.
  12. Aethlred New Member

I've been running around the zone looking for the chip of ivory for half an hour. Can someone give me a hint as to its location?
  13. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Yes. A boss drops it. I forget it's name. It's the boss on top of the area with the stairs that rise out of the ground after killing a boss that was trapped in ice.
  14. Aethlred New Member

Ahh, I was thinking the ice guy was the last boss that the chip of ice was required to unlock. I see how to unlock him now. Thanks!
  15. Ichoris Well-Known Member

@Chrol I don't think you can get all the items again. I was able to get the hair and the feather and the flask. The ivory chip is nowhere to be found. It was on the boss who's body is now gone. I might be missing it but I think it's gone and I'm going to have to start again. Is there another place in the zone to find it? Thanks.
  16. Chrol Developer

Just double-checked on Skyfire and it is available upon re-entry. You should see it when you go and pick up your golden flask again.
    Jinksie likes this.
  17. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Ok. Will check there. I assumed it would be around where the boss died. Glad it's not a problem. Thank you.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

i found ivory chip on a table somewhere
  19. Silkmyst Active Member

If anyone can give a hint on how to place the shard on the pedestal, I'd be grateful. I ran around for a LOT longer
    than 20 min trying to place it from different angles. I can't seem to get high up enough to do it. Think I'm flunking
    a cognitive exam here! :)
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

How tall are you? I could see it as an issue to place them up on top if you're shorter than 4 feet. You'd have to position the camera to be looking down on them.
    Breanna likes this.