Not A Bug Overseer rewards that I can never use.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yvette, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Yvette New Member

When doing overseer quests I'm getting rewards that are leveled above level 90...and I will NEVER be able to use them. This is extremely unfair. You should remove these items from game!!! Plus buying random status items from the vendor gives me items 5 times in a row that are level 95....I wasted my status and coins for this and I will NEVER be able to use them. This is totally not fair. You should remove these items from the game and I would really like my status and coins restored to me. My friend had the exact same problem and all it does is create unhappy players. You are in the business of customer service and hopefully you care about your customers and don't let these things go un-noticed. My ingame toon is Drinda on the Lore and Legend Server. My friend is Gatecrasher on same server. He's so mad he won't bother. He put in a ticket and was told they can't be bothered. What kind of customer service says that???????? Shame on you!!! You want to keep your player base you should never say that. I've been in customer service for years and I have never said that to a customer. I demand satisfaction. There is no problem too small for you to handle. We pay monthly fees to play...so get your little wrenches out and put on your thinking caps and get busy. Please....with all due respect.
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the status item issue since I've never bothered with it. But with respect to overseers I don't think the complaint is justified. The overseer feature was introduced with Blood of Luclin, and at one time the gear it awarded was pretty decent. Now its just for transmuting, and people run overseers for the familiar, mount and merc-leveling potions(*). Which are good at any level. But if you don't want those either don't use that feature.

(* and to get more quests, and to get more agents, so they can run more quests...)
    Twyla and Lateana like this.
  3. Yvette New Member

I'm talking about the Lore and Legend Server. I'm getting level 120 books and potions. Would love to get merc, mount and familiar leveling pots. On a 90 capped server why would there even be level 120 anything?
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Why? Because they didn't think all this through. Lots of stuff has fallen through the cracks and lots of anomalies need fixing. Just keep bugging it until its fixed.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

The status merchant is the same on all servers, you need to read and not buy items over your level. You can still sell back the status items and get your status back. then buy lvl stuff you can use.

Overseer rewards can be sold to a merchant or put them in your wardrobe and be good looking.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Pretty sure that if they fix this, it will be by removing all access to Overseers from the TLE server in question.

At least at the moment you can collect a little cash selling that stuff to the vendor. Which, by the way, is what level 125 people do, since nothing in there is useful to us, either.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Even you must admit it looks extremely amateurish to have lvl 120 stuff obtainable on a 90 capped server. I mean come on, that's basic stuff.
    Morukta likes this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

wow that rant of OP sure does not belong in bug forum.

You are on a new server, server that really is based on full database that EQ2 offers. They are not gonna rewrite everything for TLE servers, some stuff just gets artificially disabled for the time being.

Overseer missions are account wide. On L&L server the lower level (short duration, blue text missions) are a treasure trove of harvestables and collectibles.
    The higher missions do have high level stuff in their reward pool, but as said above they also have stuff you CAN use right now on your server. If you absolutely don't want higher level stuff (which by the way we might get to eventually on that server also) stop doing those high level missions!!! You are in no way required, nor do you pay for Overseer part of game, just don't do it.

As for the random status bags on city merchant, the pool of rewards is huge in them. Look them over, you can examine the potential reward before you buy it. Again, DO NOT BUY them, take this as a tip, you are most likely getting the junk from them, they have a very tiny chance of dropping something you want. Most people even on regular servers don't buy them.

Overall your frustration could've been avoided if you just ask people what's what and why. ESPECIALLY if you are new, or returning player after years of absence. General channel from what I saw is still pretty friendly and questions get answered by multiple people fast. Don't be shy, ask!
    Twyla and Rattophaxe like this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So half-***** efforts are just fine and nobody should ever complain when it makes the game look or feel ridiculous and cheap?
    "That's just fine, your opinion doesn't matter, the devs are right to release poorly tested, poorly executed money-grabbing gimmicks like the L&L server (which takes very very much needed dev time away from live don't forget), bodge it together so it just sort of works and try to snag as many resubs as they can before the cracks begin to show? When you find any issues, don't raise them, just keep them to yourself and find a work-around."

I wish I was a salesman with customers like you.
    Suidakra likes this.
  10. Malachy Well-Known Member

The rewards on Kael are based on your current level (mentored or not). So if you are in commonlands when you accept the reward, you'll get level 10-19 harvests, collectible items, etc. If you don't want level 90-99 rewards, don't be in a level 90 zone, in your house or in a guild hall and the items will be useable.
    Chikkin likes this.