Pointless

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Wandero, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Wandero New Member

So I gave it a try.
    Created an SK.
    Quest rewards from DoV seem to be the best gear, mitigation and resists.
    75 main stat, 1.2k resists.
    DoV vendors sell gear with 10k and 20k Thurgadin faction of 82-88 stats.
    I remember how boring it was after "gear normalization". Boring gear with 0.6 increase in stuff.
    It's even worse now.

But I joined and used a Krono because I hoped to play in groups with people.
    Instead I was solo questing all the time.

I'm pretty disappointed.
    And the game's technical quality has gotten worse. Some quests that were bug free back in the day I had to abandon and take anew.
    Playing felt very laggy too and from reading chat I wasn't the only one observing that.

As someone who hasn't played this game for at least 3 years I feel like I wasted a Krono.
    Game is still US heavy and for a new server it felt very dead.

The main issue is "what to do". You're thrown into this world and you're max level, max aa.
    Low level quests reward low level items.
    Only killing stuff rewards worse gear than can be attained through DoV questing.
    And quality of that gear apparently is tired to the number of achievement points you have.
    I'm not going to quest through all of that again. I've done that on RTT and never again.
    I really hoped for something better. But this is just a lazy cash grab attempt.

Oh yeah. Economy is already destroyed, since the loyalty vendor is up in Qeynos and selling bags of 500 plat, but it was removed in Freeport.

The whole server makes no sense.
    Not even Agnostic Dungeons work.

I remember when the last 3 TLEs were released, very busy servers, lots of chatting.
    I knew EQ2 wasn't doing well, but I didn't expect this.
    I'm glad I didn't buy the lifetime subscription a few years ago.

This is poc server and applying that to live won't change the number of players.
    The discrepancy between someone new on live and endgame on live is just absurd.
    I returned to my lvl 110 guys. Not playing for 3 expansions means I'd have to buy the latest expansion and do all the time sinks aka all signatures of those 3 expansions and then I won't ever be able to catch up.
    TLEs are driven by nostalgia but how many time can you play the same old content?
    I would've loved to re-visit DoV and continue from there but I see Kaladim is near death and this L&L server isn't much better off in 1-2 weeks.
    And once Kael ends you'll have lvl90 chars stranded on lvl125 servers with absurd gaps in content.

I really hope there will be lots of grouping action on Kael in the next days because personally I'm not gonig to spend my time solo questing. And doing the dragon language again? Really? No way.
    No.
    And now you're forced to mentor down and can't even speed run it anymore. And doing that crap in a mentored down group is even less fun.

Sadly a half ***** server and ruleset.
    Epic and repercussions as the main motivator is such a turn off.
    Revisiting old raids yeah but mentored down? Is there even a point doing raids vs group or solo content?
    You won't get people hooked with doing things half *****.
    If I wanted to solo there's a huge amount of dead MMORPGs where I can do that.

I actually wanted to stream me playing in a group. But there were like 3 people LFG and 2 LFM in 6 hours on a fresh new event server. Just unbelievable and sad. And when you voice your concerns you get told to ****, EQ2 players at their finest.
    Schmetterling and Rhoks like this.
  2. Rhoks Active Member

Yea this server was a flop
    Schmetterling and Fisher like this.
  3. Greene Active Member

Concur. Starting at 90 with a new class and everything already earned is just too overwhelming. Same thing happens if you try to get back into EQ1 lol. No real sense of community or progression.

Kael will be a LOT busier and social though. There's a bunch of us that played all of the prior TLEs and make it fun as a community.
  4. Rhoks Active Member

Itll be dead when the TLE launches if it already doesnt die by then
    Xevran likes this.
  5. Kenn Well-Known Member

There is a signature quest on Qeynos docks. That's something to do. I think this server is more for people who like questing. They don't run dungeons for the gear drop, they want to progress the the quest line. I had groups all day long today.
    Breanna, Jaden and Buggabug like this.
  6. Laalon2 Active Member

Calling it a flop less than 48 hours in is a bit much. That said, some points are valid. But, I have seen a LOT of people running around, grouping, chatting in general, etc
    Siren and Buggabug like this.
  7. Paws Member

I've been in multiple groups thus far, even a raid. I've met some amazing players and I am enjoying myself. The L and L server isn't going to be for everyone, particularly those people who just want to solo or molo through dungeons and such. It's not about racing to the finish line, it's about the journey. Like I said, it's not for everyone, and obviously not something you enjoy - to each their own. I hope you do find something enjoyable to play, even if it's outside of this game.
    Jaden and Buggabug like this.
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Have some fun, try and solo Gathering Obsession :) Quite fun!
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm treating this server as something to keep me casually involved with EQ2 until Varsoon opens.
    Pixistik, Jadefox and Laalon2 like this.
  10. Xordus Member

Yeah, I was kinda excited to try it so I jumped in. I played for several hours remembering how fun some lower levels were...only to realize that once you get all the L&L crate drops, what else is there? I mean, I can still solo everything I used to, if a bit slower. Then I realized I wasn't getting any more AA killing all those old names, wasn't getting exp, and there was no feeling of progression at all, wasn't getting anything that I couldn't just Chrono down do anyway. I figured, well, it's L&L and all those coins i'm earning (over 1000 in a day) should be good for something. Then I find out coins are just for house items and other baubles. What's the use of specifically grinding all that L&L to just buy junk? Don't get me wrong, I loved the lower levels, stopped playing the live game because wasn't a fan of resolve or ascensions or 3billion HP...but there's just something missing here. I think it was a good idea, just not implemented correctly? I don't know...
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about it. There are moments I enjoy what I am doing, but without a carrot to chase it doesn't hold my attention.
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

There are a lot of valid points made, but I had no problem finding groups and raids within 5 minutes of looking. Joining an active guild helps although I see different people advertising groups all day and you can do most content with just 2 people since mercs are available.

I wish they made adventuring like crafting where you have to hail someone to get the boost to 90. I know a lot of people would love to begin at level 1. It could still have the zone stat caps and self-mentor, but it would help many with progression and feeling less overwhelmed and directionless.

My direction: harvesting/crafting questlines > decorate home > epic > DOV > heritage/signature > zone progression - join groups/raids when I feel like it. What's yours look like?
    Jaden likes this.
  13. Laalon2 Active Member

This
  14. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------------------

This is also an absolute haven for former players coming back. I am toodling along using quest gear for appearance gear, getting to do expansion content and questing lines I never before did, and I can group just about anytime I want! Crafting, getting, creating fun Housing stuff. Highest level I ever got a character to was 62, so yea, LOTS, YEARS of content to have fun in, and so many cool people on the server. Having a blast!
    Buggabug, Siren and Laalon2 like this.
  15. Rhoks Active Member

You can do that on TLE when it first releases as well. This server will be dead when Varsoon releases.

16. Jaden Well-Known Member

No. I cannot go onto most of the TLE servers, at least none so far I've seen, and pick up content at say, level 50. On a TLE I would have to (in an even slower method no doubt) get TO lvl 50+ first. I also would not have an instant level 90 crafter to help any alts I create, there are housing items as rewards, and I'm looking forward to the holiday festivals. There are less restrictions of other things compared to many of the TLE servers prior to this as well, with reasons and those reasons will presumably attract players who are most interested in that kind of playstyle. I have years of claims to utilize, I have content which I've not done yet as I mentioned before.

I can raise one of my characters from scratch sort of if I choose, and I can pick and choose however I want to play these characters. This server is for fun. For me, this server wasn't about competition, and it wasn't advertised that way either.

I don't know how many players will stay long term on this server. But I am really happy its been created and I'm enjoying it and the players I've been meeting/grouping with. I LIKE NEW THINGS, and I LIKE VARIETY IN CHOICES. All new 'things' don't have longevity; but longevity is not always my main goal! C'est la vie. Fun is fun, where ever you find it. I love Norrath, and I'm glad there are so many server types tbh. Hope you have a great week!
    Lateana and Sunlei like this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

On Kaladim, it took about 8 hours to get to 50 on Day 1 of the server launch with the use of XP potions. So about 20-24 hours without potions.

You could also level crafting to max in about 2 hours with potions (about 6 hours without) if you had the materials already.

Not sure how much you play, but 20-30 hours for max level and max crafter doesn't seem like a big time sink.
  18. Sunlei Well-Known Member

People seem to be having fun with the leaderboard stuff.

I have a suggestion to increase enjoyment for some players..how about a cross server claim item or 2? It could cost a ton of those coins and should be something decent not just a house item or pet..maybe a mount with stats or + to run speed item, or a REAL + to rare harvests-..something that could be used on ALL servers TLE and pvp (maybe scaled down for pvp of course)
    Siren likes this.
  19. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If the server is fun, they won't need to siphon off folks from the live servers with gimmicks.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You're not wrong. This is a server that will appeal to a very specific subset of the playerbase. Bribing others to show up just for the bonus and then immediately leave won't help anyone.