VoV harvesting dilemma...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Those of us who harvest alot, know about using the level 95 gear with 2 white slots for nails. However, in VoV, I see no higher gear to do the same thing with. So, I have to harvest in areas with hardly any agro so I can get my mail bonuses (and wait for respawns) and harvesting gear bonuses, or wear my regular gear so I can kill mobs to harvest but without the harvesting bonuses. OR keep going back and for equipping and unequipping between harvest and adventure gear sets...

Is there some other way to get the benefits of both worlds? Being able to have the adventure gear WITH all the harvesting bonuses?
    AOE1 likes this.
  2. Daltharr Active Member

I dont think it was intended that the players use gear with 2 slots. Its sorta confirmed by the changes to the algorithm for harvesting.
    But one can ask why on earth do we get all that nice gear(nails, saddles etc) when everything is changed and rolled back to where we were without it - It feels like im now getting less rares with all the bells and whistles than I did before with just a prayershawl, gi (toolbelt, workboots, pegasus/brightfire, cloak etc etc) and all the oher harvesttools from before nails and leveling mounts was a thing. - It makes no sense

- What could be nice as a solution for agro would be the option to assign a gear set to the mercs so they at least have the oomph needed. We cant kill stuff in full harvestkit, and its a pain to see the mercs being utterly useless as bodyguards due to a balance based on statsharing.
    I dont want my merc to share the stats i have on the prayershawl. I want them to share the stats on my shiny raidgear.
    I wouldnt worry about agro the same way if my merc could actually do the job he/she/it is there for.

Its not practical possible to swap all the time, especially not since we loose 99 % of our hp in harvestgear. so even if we dont engage combat when we agro, a quickswap from TS to ADV will often cause death

not kool

EDIT; An even better solution to the problems around shared stats would be the option to assign profiles.
    Im not only swapping gear for harvesting. Im also swapping mount and familiar.
    Mr Pearwood(fam) and Miss Brightfire (harvestmount) is good for what theyre intended for. But theyre not good for any kind of combat. By setting profiles then we can use the beasts we paid good cash for when we need it the most
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I don't even change gear to harvest in most zones. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
  4. Daltharr Active Member

I have lost any desire to harvest, its just a waste of time. And imagine being new lowlevel. Harvesting used to be a decent income, or as minimum a way to cut expenses. I have heard storys of players who have spend 2-3h with one or even none of the rares they were looking for. I have heard storys of new players quitting because they couldnt progress as a result.
    A Saturday night with a beverage of choice and a 3h harvestsession should give at least a few of this and that rare for a cpl of spellupgrades and a new robe. - and I can understand and even respect the rage if you basically wont get anything. Its not like rares gives any BIS(at lower lvls) Theyre providing basic necessities that all should be able to obtain

The winners is the botters and people with 20 alts who all have ponys and plants. -
    Lateana likes this.