Character will be stuck on IoR?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Phellen, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Phellen Member

I have a 120+ character on IoR that will not have the 30 day minimum by March 4th. Will this character be allowed to xfer off?
    Jrox and Observing like this.
  2. vlada Active Member

no
    Observing likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

Would like a dev response. But thanks for your expert input Vlada.
  4. Phellen Member

I did not exploit anyhing. I purchased some gear for characters. This has been allowed for years. So advance notice of more than 7 days is not asking much.
  5. Observing Active Member

Definitely in the top 3 of decisions ever made for EQ2
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am fine with the change. Will save me some money, and could make the game better "COULD". However, EQ2 will lose a bit of revenue. I would just like some time to get off or drop the 30 day restriction so we can get the hell out right.
    AOE1 likes this.
  7. Phellen Member

I'm fine with the change as well. Just want a better advance notice to get my 125 crafter off.
  8. Caith Developer

There is no time on server restriction to move characters currently off of Isle of Refuge, and will not be until the transfers are permanently disabled.
    Schmetterling and Twyla like this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It wouldn't be necessary if they'd not done such a shoddy job of itemisation this year.
    Pixistik likes this.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Makes no sense to me why that would change it after so many years.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yes you can transfer off. Just do in it in the next 7 days (well maybe 6 now).
  12. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yeah, Itemization is not great and reforging was removed. Progression of gear was wrong again this year. and with IoR gone for helping with all that - I suspect it will be very interesting next expac.
    Observing likes this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

So did y'all just change that?
  14. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

For the next 6 or 7 days - you can move any toon off IoR (30 day clock is waived) to another server for the cost of a server transfer token
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Indabuff Active Member

I would have never moved toons onto that server if it was a one way ticket. To expect me to pay to get them off now is rather shady. Judging by the response it will kill the server completely. Since you changed the rules after the fact you should be giving those that want to leave now free transfer tokens. It is completely wrong to profit off this.
    Hot_Rod, Siren, Tanto and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cisteros Active Member

Never been to IOR, it wasn't a thing when I left in spring 2015 and have never been a fan of spending money to shorten the time needed to obtain something but I understand many feel it is a good investment.My understanding is that once someone paid to move there didn't they always have to pay to leave it? It seems to me the way it works for those using it as a shopping mall would be have a random toon there with plat to monitor goods for sale and buy them, then when the player deems it worth the investment transfer a toon over and collect their purchases, wait 30 days then transfer back to home server.

So now people don't have to wait the 30 days, but have to leave in the next week or become a permanent fixture there. So unless I missed (very possible) an announcement that transfers to IOR are immediately suspended, for the next week you could theoretically go there and back in the time it takes for the system to transfer you there and back as many times as you want to throw money at it.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

You always had to pay to move your characters off. The only change is now you have a deadline.
    Insulted and Harlequin like this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Plenty of people just created several toons on IoR so that they would be in place to get whatever it is they wanted and then only pay for the transfer to their target server. No need to pay twice.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

That doesn't change anything about my statement?

Also, those characters would most likely be placeholders that haven't had anything done on them, if they were only created to pick up items in the event that something they wanted showed up. You don't *have* to move your characters.
    Harlequin likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Didn't say they would. Probably just delete them.