Not A Bug Can't see server transfer token on Marketplace?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Fridha (level 45 warlock, level 72 carpenter) was a Fallen Gate toon who got merged into Antonia Bayle in 2019. I'm wanting to shift her over to Maj'Dul now, but she can't see server transfer tokens on the Marketplace.

Customer Service tells me, "Server Transfers are disabled for the time being. We have no ETA for when they'll be re-enabled, unfortunately. Try next week after the Server Maintenance perhaps."

I thought I'd better post this so it wouldn't slip between the cracks.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

For others looking at this thread - it's not a bug; as Customer Service has replied to multiple inquiries, transfers have been disabled by DPG; hopefully becausw they discovered whatever the current massive dupe is and are in the process of resolving it, but either way I'm sure we'll be notified when they're turned back on.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They were under Markpetplace -> Services, but I see now why they are gone.
  4. Caith Developer

Transfers are currently disabled with while we address an issue on the back end, unfortunately I do not have a current ETA when they will be enabled.
    Twyla, Sigrdrifa, Xianthia and 4 others like this.
  5. Zacknafen New Member

i think its probaly more because peoples buying krono on their server in mass at 80 million plats to sell them on Isle of refuge at 150 million then move all that fortune back to their server and restart again......for example : you buy 1 krono on AB and get the value of 2 on isle of refuge .........
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Kronoes are account wide. You don't have to transfer from one server to another to sell them.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

yes, but the platin have to be transfered

eg buy 5 kronos on AB for 80 millon each and sell them on IoR for 160 million each.. you have to transfer the 800 million platin back with a transfer to repeat this game :p Daybreak earns the money for a transfertoken IoR -> AB and the player 400 million platin
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Sure, but that's working as designed. That's the whole purpose of the free trade server. Turning off transfers because the server is working as designed doesn't make sense.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

I would guess the servermerge causes a problem within the transfer script
  10. Apau New Member

Chose a bad time to transfer servers, i have 1 toon on HoF and the rest stuck on AB, any news on when this will be resolved?
    it kinda sucks not having the toons on the server that i play on..
    Geroblue and Zacknafen like this.
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

FYI, customer service on transfers says that we should be able to transfer OFF Tarinax. Please make sure this is enabled while you are working on it. And if it's not supposed to be allowed, please let us know on the CS page about transfers and in this bug thread since we're talking about it.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

Where do you see anything explicitly stating you are allowed to transfer off Tarinax?

The only comment on the help article for transfers (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...EverQuest-II-character-transfer-instructions-) about special rules servers states that transfers are typically not allowed on them - Specifically, it says: "Please note that transfers are typically not allowed on special rules servers."
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

I asked customer service, and they said it should be allowed. It's not on me if they are wrong. Clarification on the CS page and here would be nice.
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Oh. So what you meant to say was, 'I tried to transfer off, then asked customer service and they told me it *should* work'?

That's a separate issue, and if you think it's a bug that it doesn't, you should post a different thread for it.
  15. Caith Developer

Transfers are currently disabled with while we address an issue on the back end, unfortunately I do not have a current ETA when they will be enabled.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

Lol. That wasn't the question, Caith! It was Tarinax and whether transfers OFF were allowed. Customer service says yes. But if it's no, that would be nice to know on the CS page and here.
  17. Apau New Member

can we please get some update on this.. i moved 1 toon to a new server, now i cant bring the rest over, would really like to know how long i will only have 1 toon to play with
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

Per Kander on discord, the current ETA is now tomorrow.
    Kander
    Today at 2:02 PM

Guild banks should be re-enabled now. Character transfers are tentatively scheduled for tomorrow some time.
    Boann, Sigrdrifa and Geroblue like this.
  19. Apau New Member

thank you Taled, i cant keep up with all the discord channels so i would not have seen that
    Taled likes this.
  20. Boann New Member

Read the message about " Transfer tokens" being put back in the game. Logged in, went to marketplace. The only transfer I see is " One-way Transfer to Isle of Refuge Server".