Good place to start to experience content?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Saints, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Saints Member

Really love the TLP servers and looking forward to the new one coming in a few months. For Kaladim I had other obligations and by the time I came back to the game they were many expansions in so I feel I sorta missed the boat and decided to just wait (which turned in to a few years, ugh).

Tried live servers and struggled because max level content became quite the daunting task with all the systems (spell ranks, leveling spells, overseers, days of summer, adornments, ascension, mercs, familiars, mounts with stats, resolve, etc. etc. etc) - though I really tried to engage and learn my way through, and when I would chrono or anything it's like any mob would die in one shot so it really pulled me out of it. I know all the systems in EQ2 make for a lot of fun, just some of these didn't seem to mesh well at that point and it was just a struggle for me.

TL;DR - Thoughts on the possibility of finding groups, dungeon crawls (of all areas, dungeon level ranges), questing and general experiences for engaging content on Kael Drakkel, or maybe I shouldn't hold my breath and just wait for TLP Varsoon to experience a bit more as the content rolls out?

Thanks!
    Proto12 likes this.
  2. Proto12 Active Member

A lot of us are hoping that Kael is an alternative way to experience TLE content, with an emphasis on completing the achievements. Unfortunately it would seem that some of the essential mechanics of gameplay aren't fully flushed out atm (i'd highly recommend reading through the beta forms to get a sense of it).

If you want a more garunteed stable experience, then Varsoon is your best bet. Kaladim ironed out most of the wrinkles in the older content, so the experience should be pretty streamlined. However, with that said the majority of people playing that server will have played on the last couple to varying degrees of devotion, so chances are the majority of the population will be "highly experienced" and "semi-hardcore" players. If you don't want a competitive environment (chat, pug expectations, general community, etc), then Kael (even in its broken form) might be a good place to play instead.
    Jaden, Arazmus and Saints like this.
  3. Saints Member

The beta forums actually lead me to this question, though if there is hope and players intending to try to have that kind of experience then that will be enough for me to give it a shot.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Jaden and Dude like this.
  4. Caith Developer

That is entirely the point of this gameplay type, nothing should feel completely trivial, but nothing should feel completely impossible either. It isn't about getting all the best loot, while getting more and better loot might help a some, nothing should be impossible even without dedicating all of your time to gear progression. You may need to find some friends to help you accomplish a goal/defeat an encounter, but you should be able to make a meaningful contribution to that goal at any gear level.
    Jadefox, Arazmus, Saints and 2 others like this.
  5. Atrayeu New Member

I am hoping to FINALLY really experience the Kingdom of Sky content! Dragons go Rawr. Lol
    Jaden, Taessa and Saints like this.