VoV Weekly Overseer mission

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gelenor, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Changed on Test from repeatable each 30 mins with rewards that do not really match the new expansion, to the following:
    • 7 days duration
    • Still only requires 1 Overseer and with 2 Overseer slots and LOW percentage of bonus chest ((I think the best you can get is 20-30% with Celestial Overseer)
    • display of overseer chest shows rewards from chest are uncommon 145 resolve armour, legendary 165 and 205 resolve armour and fabled 185 resolve merc armour
    • message in display that suggests hidden extra rare loot
    This is only test version. However I would have thought that the VoV weekly mission should have more overseer slots, higher chance of bonus etc and appropriate rewards for the VoV expansion.
    Beee, Breanna and Xillean like this.
  2. Roark O'Ruairc Member

That is disappointing to say the least if the rewards are that low. I agree that a 7-day mission should at least utilize more overseers and have a better reward for tying up agents for that long. Here is hoping that all the rewards get an update with the Season 4 release (not even worth converting agents to buy anything off of the Overseer merchant as it stands now).
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah we pointed it out at launch but we were rebuffed
    so if we now get the same blue mission just with a 7 day timer, well that will sure be something
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So instead of a terrible reward every 30 minutes, you can have a terrible reward after a 7 day wait? I mean, I'm glad the devs all got their heads together to come up with that one.
    Lateana likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

You have to wonder what they were thinking when they came up with these changes. I can't imagine any player is going to be thrilled with them. Perhaps they are trying to kill off the Overseer quests and this is the start of the process.
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Cyra Member

Im maxed OS, and as of about 2 weeks now I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of mount, familiar and mercenary buffs (exp. buffs) that are dropping. I use to get at least a few a week, now I haven't gotten any in the last two weeks.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Praetorian Well-Known Member

The quest should have adequate rewards in line with or better than the daily overseer reward IMO.
    Lateana and Twyla like this.
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

No patch notes that I can see with patch that just happened on Test. I have less than 2 days to go on VoV Overseer Weekly. So I will be able to confirm then if it is just a display error or a downgrade.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, people were complaining about their bags overflowing with junk. Problem solved! :rolleyes:
    Lateana, Twyla and Beee like this.
  10. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Well after 7 days I received 5x1 hour Acrylia potions and the usual choice of 1 of 4 types of Bloodbound 1 hour temp adornments. So no idea yet if it is just a display error like when you inspect the emerald, sapphire and ruby Crypt keys.

However, after the completion of the 7 day mission,, it reverted to a 30 minute mission again and then back to 7 day.
  11. Denmum Developer

The first couple in the series are still 30 minutes, with the Forlorn version being the 7-day one. That's all I can speak to regarding this change.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  12. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I would think its safe to assume that a 1 week duration would have all new types of relevant overseer rewards beyond the rewards that we are typically used to in the DAILY overseer quest, right? Plus, it didnt even offer EXP on completion.

I only bring it up because the original quest rewards have been outdated since day 1 of the expansion. The rewards were less than the FREE rewards from the TIshan's Lockbox. LOL.
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The Forlorn mission as Taled said, is the 7 day one. However, it does not always seem to rotate through the other 3 before you get the Forlorn one again. And if you start Forlorn and cancel it at any stage, (as you can do and where normally you lose your daily limit if it one covered by a limit) it just reverts to the 7 day forlorn quest up again. So no avoiding.the 7 day mission for the same rewards as the repeatable 30 minute missions. A backward step
    Breanna likes this.