Pretty please non-lore Jewelry next time?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Elostirion, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

When the next GU or expac arrives when new treasured/MC/(researcher? :) ) gear is added, could we please either have more than one recipe for ring, ear, charm and wrist, or make them not lore?

As it is, we can't fill our equipment slots, which seems a mandatory minimum competency for crafters- whatever the quality of said gear may be.
    PixiePackRat, Lysia, Daryx and 4 others like this.
  2. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well, if you're really not concerned with quality just make a handcrafted one to go with the mastercrafted. Or raid the lockbox in SE.

Empty-slot-problem solved! :rolleyes:
  3. Rrenee Member

Jewelers have always been able to craft 2 different wrist/ring/ear/charm made from rares. It was laziness to not provide both recipes, and OP is justified for asking it be fixed.
    Hartay, Lysia, Dogwood and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kethryl Active Member

AOE1 likes this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

How about the huge demand for the higher resolve? There is a big difference in 300 vs 295 or less. We can fill that empty slot easily with the stuff from all the lvl 120 drops that those lvl 125 and higher mobs drop.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

Are you saying that DP is actually allowing crafters to make gear that isn't just for show? I stopped making gear years ago as it was barely better than overland quest gear. I've considered my armorers useless and the scholars just good for making spells.
    Lysia and Lateana like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, yes and no. The only useful crafters at the moment are sages (spells and "snack" spells that increase combat skils,etc. If you've gotten your sage to 125), alchemists for some pots (power replenishment still sucks), woodworkers for arrows sort of thing, and provisioner for food. Provisioner only got one recipe book and in some cases, other classes like armorer got one book for a level. Tailors and armorers flat took it in the shorts from the get go. They can craft armor and you can experiment on it, but once you start doing heroics, especially H2s, forget about it. It's a wasted effort.

I'm hoping that Niami Denmother's addition to the dev ranks will finally put someone who knows what they're doing in reestablishing the value of TSing, but right now, it's lack of expertise is showing. When some of the stuff that's dropping in OSer quests is better than what you can make in game by TSers, you know it's bad.
    Lysia, Almee and Geroblue like this.
  8. Rrenee Member

One point of significance is that the MC gear is 300 resolve/lvl123. This tier is the lowest that allows various adorns to be slotted in them.
    Lysia likes this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

For solo or non raiders that 300 is a big deal. Probably the best they will get since they won't have the required stats that groups doing H1 and H2 demand. And I mean demand.
    Lysia, Lateana and Rrenee like this.
  10. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was very pleased to finally be able to make and equip a full set of 300 resolve gear when the advanced books became a proper quest reward rather than a tortuous RNG-gated exercise -- but it does beg the question -- if this is the best you can get solo, how do you "get into" heroics??
    Lysia likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Join an active guild that runs them and willing to work with new players who show up frequently and demonstrating they're willing to put the time in working on their toon, meaning they're running weekly solos, etc. That's been my experience. That's the problem that people who belong to 3-4 person guilds are going to experience. Pickup groups are out there, but that can be a complete crapshoot.
    Lysia likes this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm only running my jeweler, sage, alchy, woodworker, and carpenter through the daily and weekly quests. My provie already got her one book. It looks like the woodworker might have two books that are worth the effort. The sage, jeweler, and alchy will run both quests till they get all the books. It is really sad, as you say, that crafters making gear are no longer relevant. They could have at least given the tailor recipes for larger backpacks (or did they and I missed that?).
    Lysia likes this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No, you didn't miss any uptick in BP sizes. Haven't seen any larger bp recipes for tailor in quite some time. Like I said, I'm hoping Niami will be able to take control of TSing and make it useful again. Most of the stuff is a waste of time. And the incremental increases we see for VoV versus Shadowscream or Void-etched recipes in comparison to stat increases speaks to the general lack of knowledge prior to Niami's arrival. We can only hope she'll have the time and resources to get some things going.
    Lysia likes this.
  14. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

So -- if I am understanding this correctly -- there is simply no way to gear up for heroics outside of finding a group of kind people willing to drag you through them until you eventually become useful. Is this really how it's supposed to work?

I begin to see why people are saying the non-scholar tradeskills are "useless", if mastercrafted isn't good enough to even get a foot in the door :(
    AOE1 and Lysia like this.
  15. Netherfury Member

Sadly, as per usual the purists "lets not ever change the game" win
    the OP was asking for the MC gear to be non lore equip, not asking for a lecture on how to gear up
    unfortunately, the current team only seem focused on pandering to the elite, so whenever someone makes a suggestion, its shot down in flames
    such a shame really, but then the TS forum is absolute toxic
    AOE1 and Lysia like this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's not what I was saying. Sure, you can "buy" stuff off the marketplace. You might want to check broker prices, because there's a high degree of cost involved in some of that stuff. You can make stuff depending on what TSing you choose to take. Don't forget, it's not just about armor. Don't forget your spells and/or CAs (including epic 2.0 spells which is a whole 'nother issue. You want to have expert spells and I can tell you, if you're not crafting them, prepare yourself for sticker shock. Will M/C 300 resolve gear buy you entrance to H1s. Sure. You can find a p/u group of like kind of people and spend a couple of hours in there toiling away. You even might score a piece of loot. That's why I recommended you join an active guild for running groups, but also for advice and helping you fill in gaps in gearing with the crafters they have to augment what you might be missing.
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  17. Elostirion Well-Known Member

The OP did ask for non-lore equip, or more recipes.

The OP did not ask for the story on how to gear up, only because that's a matter for a different thread/discussion, not that everything here isnt accurate.

I was actually in just that spot, where my family/friends group was fully MC+5x experiment and Siggy gear equipped, and we literally took 48 minutes to kill the first trash group in the easier Karuupa H1. Luckily we found an active guild full of friendly awesome people who noticed that we are willing to do work ourselves and just needed help over the hump, and dragged us through several H1's.

I agree with others here that that isnt how it should be. MC gear should a) take a good amount of time/effort/expense to gear out in, but then b) should be a reasonable on-ramp to heroic content. That's not how it is now. That should be corrected. But that's a much larger topic than the little one for this thread, and this thread's topic is relevant whatever the resolution of larger itemization/progression issues is.

18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't consider it toxic. What I do see is a high amount of frustration at the lack of value attributed to TSing and some of the idiotic decisions reflected in the rollout of this xpac with TSing, recipe drops, effectiveness of pots, armor drops with nothing but mitigation/block stats across all classes, high amount of rare requirements to craft stuff and limited resource areas to harvest them. In terms of the latter, the Oklahoma land rush looked vacant in comparison. Frankly, I'm seeing fewer and fewer people log in because they're simply tired of the grind with minimal rewards. And kronos selling for almost 90 million plat apiece should tell you something. And say what you want, there's no way the game rewards system generates that amount of plat to allow those prices.
    Lysia, AOE1, Rattophaxe and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Okay. Here is non toxic. Jewelers used to be able to. Used to. The game has changed this many other used to be things doing exist. We used to be able to get our advanced books off merchants once we did TS line. We used to be able to equip gear for harvesting and caith changed that and how it works. Lots of used to. The game is heading in a new direction and we are on it for the ride. The OP should have just asked for additional recipes to make three different type rings,necks,wrists and then stopped. Don’t post that we used to be able to do something. That’s not what they care to hear lol. Just saying in a non toxic way for you.
    Twyla likes this.
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Yep, that is the understanding. And finding people willing to drag you through is like finding a needle in a haystack. Watch the wording when they are looking for a group. It is pretty clear they won't ask you.