Why the "Must be in" expansion tags?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by FuRiouSOne, Feb 14, 2022.

1. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Why all the "Must be in BoL, RoS and/or VoV" tags? Why are we not allowed to take our nice shiny gems to old zones and have fun in old content? Its "old" content. Is there something game breaking in PoP or other old dungeons/raids these RoS or VoV gems will cause?

I get limiting old gems from being used in new content so shouldn't they say "Must be in VoV or RoS or BoL and all previous expansion zones"?

Free our gems, let us have fun and go back to old content and use our newly gained power to blow s&$* up. :D
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Especially those mobs that killed our characters in the past !
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

It's to stop people like myself from finding 10 year old adornments that still work and using them in the newest expansions.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I don't have any issues with farming the old raid zones. Nearly everything still dies in one hit anyway. The nerf to dragonfire at the release of VoV means that some raid mobs last 1.5 seconds before they die instead of 0.2, but it's a minor setback where I don't need whatever benefits the current adornments would provide.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Go try Kly in Kunark Ascending :eek: . Quite a few raid bosses from Thalumbra onward would be nice to go up against with 700+ fervor and 600k+ potency and smack them around like a wet noodle :D .
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Admittedly, Kunark Ascending is still right at that point of challenge, but I don't have much reason to farm them for appearance gear.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

The honest answer? Most likely because with the extremely high stats, most older content flat out breaks when you try to complete it. It's not a matter of trivializing it, but a matter of the content not being able to handle properly completing when you one-shot it, and it's not worth the time/effort for their development team to go back and 'fix' old content to work properly for players who get no actual reward for extremely overpowering it.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

im happy not having to go back to kunark to get a flawless buff now that the heroic1 and 2 one in vetrovia is so much better and "easier" to get
    Xianthia likes this.
  9. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by completing. Non scripty mobs getting blown up in less then 1 second by 5 over powered people or by 1 over powered person makes no difference, mob dies, chests drop.
  10. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

This post wasn't about any flawless buff. More so about going back, mentoring down and farming appearance items and maybe mounts? Or completing old quests. We can easily blow up most all heroic and raid bosses pre AoM but struggle post AoM due to these gem limitations while solo mentored.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

I was being literal when I said complete - Several old raid mobs literally were/are not killable because you one-shot past their script stages.

I know you're specifying 'non-scripty', but the issue is specifically with the fact that most raid mobs *are* scripty, and they break if you out damage the script points. This is also an issue with some heroic mobs, though obviously much less so.

The devs haven't come out and said so outright, but removing the increasingly strong adorns from newer expansions from use in older expansions prevents *some* of the power creep, as well as allowing them to re-use adornment colors without having the issues they had recently with red, yellow, and blue adornments from far in the past creeping back in to current gear unexpectedly for the devs.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

So, now we need to carry another set of armor if we want to go back and do old content because they have screwed up the system? Strange in EQ1 old adorns could be removed and used on new armor before I left that game for this one or did they mess that up as well there also?

It is getting beyond ridiculous. Billions of hit points? Zones designed for a raid of 4 groups crashing all the time when 4 groups are in it? The nerfing of one class to satisfy another so many times over the years that the classes are all muddled into a mess. Stopping solo players from improving because although they earn this "special coin of that xpack" they cannot spend it to upgrade their armor? Making everything 'need to level' then putting such high numbers on it and it will be next xpack before it gets halfway to 10 IF you don't get a better whatever it is (mount, merc, familiar) and have to start back at lvl 0? Then we have the heirloom and/or no trade on everything. Throw in a little "cannot destroy" and you end up with bags of stuff sitting there taking up space or transmuting/destroying what is destroyable.

This is beginning to not be fun anymore. I have nothing against raiders and if you enjoy it great. Not everyone does. I used to but not anymore for my own reasons, but this game has totally gone to satisfying them only. Just rename it eq2raiders.com. Tradeskilling has been somewhat fixed thanks to them hiring Mum but after a while you really would like to do a little more in hopes of bettering your toon. Not going to happen. You cannot even get groups unless you meet their specific 'demands'. Gone are the days when guilds would take out of guild players to help them get what they need to progress. I know, nothing is holding me here but the thousands of dollars I have invested in the game since launch and the thousands of hours I have invested in this game. That and the hope that things will get better.

Rant done and let the mud slinging begin.
    Lateana likes this.
  13. Zinj Well-Known Member

What really pisses me off is having a VoV charm with an effect that can't be used in VoV zones.
  14. Zinj Well-Known Member

Equip yourself with pillows, fish, or rubber chickens.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you mentor down or visit old zones, you are so grossly overpowered that you don't NEED the stats from the adorns.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. I have been around as long as you have. I just failed to mention that I was being sarcastic but ty for the reply.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

What charm is that?