I’m single handedly fixing the economy…

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sweety, Feb 6, 2022.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

LOL, the one thing all druids need and it's not even obtainable on the same continent.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Loneshade New Member

I was actually just asking this in chat yesterday, if the prices people mark consistent game wide or is it just stupid high on that server....answer was game wide. The whole system is jacked, because people will ruin everything given the chance.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Since it is just pixels on a screen, the charges for them should be substationally less. Or rather,significantly less. Around 5 zeros to the left of the decimal point less.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Tkia and Breanna like this.
  4. Abraxas78 New Member

Here is thought. Everyone likes to have their spells upgraded. I try to give away the upgrades for free, but of course they are immediately resold. What if you added a flag that upon receipt they would be no drop/no sell/no destroy? In other words, they would only be useful to those wanting to scribe them. The spite grievers would only be able to buy them once and would be stuck with the item taking up an inventory slot.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

If it's too expensive for you then you have a choice between earning enough to afford the fair market price others are meeting, figuring out how to make/get it yourself, or doing without.
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

A million plat, or 1,200 plat for something at 10th level isn't fair market price. It is over priced.

edit: That is why I now have armoer on both Maj'Dul and Skyfire. I already had tailors.

'Market price' being charged in the thousands or millions of plat for a low level item is being rude. I can do without. I guess my characters will die more often. Even if I had a few million plat, it wouldn't go for over priced items.
  7. Ziban New Member

As a broke newbie, what the OP is doing is nice, but it won't work because people will buy the stuff and resell.

What is useful is cheap bags for sale. Don't need to be good bags, 8 or 12 slots is fine.

What would be amazing is if you were willing to log on a level-appropriate character, group up and do content with the newbie - not run them through stuff killing everything for them, but letting them run the group and make their own mistakes ;)
    AOE1 likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES!!! Absolutely! I've voted for, pardon the expression, "austerity measures"; I doubt they actually work all that well in RL, but I also think that limiting the Broker entries to a 100,000 plat cap wouldn't kill anyone, and would not put house rent (or even Guild Hall rent) out of reach for anyone. If people want to sell stuff for 57,000,000+ plat, let them do it on the Auction channel, where you won't get carpal tunnel syndrome or worn-out index fingers trying to input that on the Broker "cash register." >:-/

Uwk
    who has indeed actually sold Kronos for 15 million plat and less (very quickly, too; there must be people who have lookouts specifically for that), simply because a) thanks to inflation, my Hoardlings need the cash now (they wouldn't with an austerity cap), and b) my finger gave up after that and I still can't figure out how anyone could pump it up to 57 million...is that from a 3rd party program? Should it be legal? :-/
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the Broker boxes and repair costs; it was mainly the fault of the freakin' platinum dup exploit that The Powers either couldn't figure out for the longest time, or didn't care to...and then they started making Kronos buyable on the Broker, which really destroyed everything (and the gods help me, I'm not helping, but I finally got desperate enough to sell them on two servers already out of my six...I'm so ashamed, but I wouldn't have to if there wasn't rampant inflation on the Broker :oops:).

But yeah, we definitely need an official NPC platinum sink, more often than just the occasional "get a god avatar for your living room! :D" kind of thing. Or, we could just have a platinum cap on the Broker, and let the Auction channel handle all the greed-head speculators. ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Is that actually a thing from EQ2, or is it just reminiscent of Diablo? :D

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't remember ever seeing them... ;->

Uwk
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

rofl. I used to hunt for fire beetle eyes and hand them out in Kelethin. AND bat wings in EQ1. Too funny and great old memories
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

NO ! Enough with the no drop/no trade. They have already taken that and heirloom too far.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They were necessary to cast certain fire spell in EQ1 by druids and I think Rangers, but that was long ago so not totally sure about them. Bat wings were needed to levitate until you were able to get the spell or AA's.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! :D

Now I remember why I left EQ1 after like two weeks... ;->

On the other hand, they might be up today. Sigh. :-/

Uwk
  16. Zinj Well-Known Member

I always price my stuff equal to the current lowest platinum price. That way I won't undercut the lowest sales, but I'm not contributing to the inflation either.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How you price stuff on the broker has nothing to do with inflation. If the price is too high, people simply won't buy it.

When we get too much plat sloshing around in the economy, then people can and do pay ridiculous prices for things. The sellers are not to blame here... plat exploiters are, because the current plat sinks in-game (merc salary, repair costs, etc.) are not draining cash out of the economy fast enough.

I'm pretty certain we currently have a plat exploit ongoing, because Krono prices just jumped to 100 million plat on Maj'Dul.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Uwk, you can quit being embarrassed. Krono do not add plat to the economy. They merely allow plat to be moved from buyer to seller. They provide a motive to people to use plat exploits, but then so does every sellable thing in game.
    Lateana likes this.
  19. Holymoly New Member

Yeah, I recently returned to the game after about 10 years and couldn't believe the inflation that's occurred. When I left, all my alts were capped out at level 90 and 1k plat was a reasonable amount of money. That said when you can get a more or less free bag of 500 plat at Qeynos Harbour or East Freeport docks it kind of softens the blow. It allows you to get back in the game as all the NPC stuff/services remain at their original price and you can sell plant food for about 500 plat a pop. You will always have enough when levelling up. Make sure you level your tradeskills at the same rate (very easy with the Tinkering/Adorning/Transmuting dailies) and the MC stuff you make will keep you abreast of the PVE requirement. You'll soon get to cap then the grind begins :)
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Keep saying that Sigrdrifa if it makes you feel good. But allowing krono's to be sold in game by players IS a large part of the problems and it will continue to be as long as it is allowed (however it is probably much too late to change that stupid mistake).
    Pixistik likes this.