Not A Bug Crashing to Desktop when trying to look at Journal

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lateana, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Today, on Public Test, whenever I type 'j' to look at my Journal I crash to desktop. Every time! I have looked at my controls and cannot find anything amiss. This is happening on both a Member and a FTP account.
    Tkia, Contessia and Twyla like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

This appears to be something to do with custom versions of eq2ui_journals_quest.xml. I had the same problem and after renaming this custom piece the journal opened fine. I think we're going to need custom UI updates.
  3. Contessia Active Member

crashing as well ,, does this mean when event goes live we will be crashing there as well?
  4. Contessia Active Member

should have posted here,, crashing as well, does this mean when event goes live will be crashing there?
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes. It will transfer to live when the servers are next patched unless:
    1. Devs back out whatever change they made to the journal screen and don't patch it live
    2. Custom UI authors figure out what change was made and update their UI journal piece to handle it.
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Playz4fun Active Member

Wanted to let folks know that it looks like DarqUI is updated and fixed. Re-run Darqui and EQ2 maps. Should not have issues with quest helper or picking up shinies.
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be necessary on live as they don't appear to have patched the UI journal files. Of the 8 files on test that were updated this year only 2 of them were pushed live today. My journal on live was working fine with no adjustment.
    Breanna likes this.