Fixed Internally Crashing becoming a common thing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Unnattural, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Unnattural Member

Crashing has been plaguing my raid force since the start of this expansion, saying we have more crashes in a single night than an avg month in the past would not be an exaggeration.

The crashes happen most often when zoning. When my raid force zoned out of Wastes raid zone back to wastes in order to reset we had 5 people crash. Some using Darqui some using Defaultui .These crashes everyone reported their game just closing with no message at all.

Mid fight crashes are also a lot more common, most notable fights for this have been Cewtie? version 2 and G'Dalt Spirit-stitcher. Some reported game just closing, a few others got an executable error. On a 20 min pull of cewtie? version 2 we had 5 people crash during that single pull, 1-2 would be the average tho. G'Dalt Spirit Stitcher in a 19 minute pull we had 1 person crash with executable error twice and another person whos game just closed. I will ask that my members get screenshots of their executable errors moving forward so that data can be given.

I personally have mainly only had crashes when zoning, when it begins to load ui resources the game closes. Ram is never an issue for me. I play with Darqui.
    Reptak, Virtuosity, Juraiya and 26 others like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

hopefully 64 bit client and server will help with this
    Virtuosity, Breanna and Kodamungus like this.
  3. Gninja Developer

If others are seeing this happen a lot to them please post any info you have about the crashes here and we will get one of the code folks to check into it further.
    Myxx, Breanna, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jinksie Well-Known Member

It happened to several guildmates during our raid last night. Just randomly during the fight. We get a fatal error message popping up or game just fully crashes and the client disappears. A couple had to relog in and a couple others were able to recover before their toons went fully link dead. I know of four times that it happened during our fight against the Vetrovian Mantrap in the KJ zone. Our raid is from 5-8pm PST and the fight was during the second half, so after 6:30pm. I hope this helps.

Every raid, there is at least four people that this happens to. They are not doing anything differently than the rest of us and it's not always the same people.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The OP sums up the experience pretty well. Freezing whilst zoning, or like, the process of zoning gets stuck part way. That's another one, but not a crash per se.

The instability has been pretty bad since VoV launched tbh.
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Kodamungus Active Member

This was happening to me regularly since raiding started and occasionally zoning in a large guild hall with a lot of items. The last time it happened was Sunday 1/23.

My client would log to outofmemory.txt whenever I'd crash. Being that my PC has 32 GB of RAM and it never goes above 49% utilization even during raiding, I suspect the client is bumping against the 32-bit memory limit. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of my Task Manager to see how much RAM everquest2.exe was using when it crashed.

I haven't crashed since then after I lowered my graphics from Extreme Quality to Balanced. Sitting idle in Myrist, my client is using 1,978,148K RAM. Perhaps I'll change my setting to Extreme Quality and run solos or zone around the guild hall to see if I can force a crash, but I'm not planning to test anything during raiding again.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

the most reliable "crash" for me is zoning into renfry while the game is not in focus. i tend to get stuck at "waiting for zone server" when that happens

the other most reliable crash (and this is a real crash to desktop but without any error message) is using the forlorn stable master in FG and the crash happens when you are at around /way -42.41 28.58 313.09

and it only happens after you have been playing for a while and zoning in and out of instances
    Smudgin likes this.
  8. Roark O'Ruairc Member

This is the most common error that I get when trying to zone. I also get the crash where I am waiting on server to log me into a zone but it never gets a response and hangs up my computer.
    [IMG]
    Myxx likes this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

you cant use img tag on html-sites you have to get the direct link to the image
    https://i.ibb.co/FKCxdJt/EQ2-Crash-error.jpg

and put that in an img tag
    [IMG]
    Virtuosity, kyrin99, Myxx and 3 others like this.
  10. Suidakra Active Member

this is the error I get most when I call back to guild hall.
    It's almost a guarantee that after spending a few hours doing zones and calling back that I'll get it.
    I have seen this in doing PQs and heroics as well, but it doesn't seem as invasive than described above.
  11. vexen Member

I've gotten the unrecoverable error one a few times now since this expansion launched I'll need to try and screenshot it next time. During a recent raid I actually got a blue screen when I crashed and had to reboot. That just doesnt happen with my PC
  12. Rhita Active Member

Most raid bosses we've had at least one person crash. Longer fights we've even had up to 5 people crash. In Forlorn Gist when going up the stairs that split into the left path which leads to the heroic/raid zones and the right path leading to the heroic werewolf. Seems to be a hot crash spot for people. When calling to the guild hall we've had people crash on zone in. Can usually never make it through a set of weekly heroics without some crashing. Next time I get the crash I'll post the error here.
  13. Lightt Member

Just running around Forlorn - harvesting for the weekly and the screen turned white for about 30 seconds then the window closed. I also crash about 50% of the time when zoning in or out of Renfry's basement.
    barcevik likes this.
  14. Rhita Active Member

15. Rhita Active Member

Both of those crashes happened today. First one was running to the heroics in Forlorn Gist, second one was calling to the guild hall after switching characters.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I sometimes get multiple 'unrecoverable errors' as the game crashes. Usually I just go to desktop without any warning though. This happens most often after zoning. Sometimes the game just sits forever 'waiting for zone assets,' which means Control Alt Delete is the only way forward after about ten minutes of waiting. Also, whenever I camp to another character I mostly crash to the select character screen instead of going to the designated character. And in what I think is a related issue, crafting has become much more difficult due to delayed responses (lag?) to keyboard inputs.
    Juraiya and Almee like this.
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I get a variety of crashes, from dx9 to stacks of 5 or so boxes. It did start with the new expansion. I just took my woodworker into Forlorn Gist (he was camped there) and Memory for EQ2 client was at 2.4GB. I went into the tradeskill instance and it stayed about the same. I came back out and it was at 2.7 GB. I then did my gathering and it went to 3 GB. Then I went back into the tradeskill instance and it went to 2.7 GB, so .3 GB more than last time I had been in that zone. I then gated to my guildhall and it briefly hit 3.3 GB during zoning and then gradually went down to 3.1 GB.

Note this is the 32 bit memory used by EQ2 only, there are other tasks loaded in memory from the operating system etc. So something is storing a bit more old data in memory than is needed and if you keep zoning it keeps getting worse.

Then I zoned to my main house (which is very full as is the guildhall) and it went down to 2.8GB. I did my chores of harvesting from the bush thing, dumped the results into my house storage box and then took the guild door to get back to my guild. Memory for EQ2 went to 3.1, then 3.2 and then showed 3.42 GB in task manager and the game poofed without any error message and without getting to the guildhall.

Also I play EQ2 in a window so I have access to my 2nd monitor if that makes any difference.
    barcevik likes this.
  18. Rargo Active Member

I get this list of errors in the guild hall 90% of the time or else it just shuts off the game. Have to log back in and then have the bug where you cannot use merchants. Have to start and then cancel camping to correct. [IMG]
    [IMG]
    FuRiouSOne likes this.
  19. Rargo Active Member

I would like to add to this because I just had noticed when I logged back in all my plat was GONE!. Panic mode kicked in. I did relog again and it was back. They need to fix this bug asap.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

Happened also at least one time during a game seession too.
    Every time I log in, I'm sure to encounter this window.
    Rargo likes this.