NO-TRADE recipes are an abomination unto Brell

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just got "Recipe Scroll: Blood-Wrought Kiteshield of Baleful Dreams". I can't use it. It's not tradeable. I'd MUCH rather be able to sell or trade it with someone who might have a recipe I NEED.
    Rosyposy, Almee, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

You will get a different one of those 1-charge weapon recipes every time you do the weekly in *addition* to the normal reward table which includes your recipes, so it isn't taking the place of your desired recipe, but is something extra instead.

That is part of the special new mechanic for upgrading heroic 2/raid weapons. The player will need to get the weapon drop, then find a crafter with the appropriate recipe to commission it. There's a tradeable mold that goes along with it, and the upgrades are solid enough (including a resolve boost) to supposedly make them very desirable once players get into the higher heroics and the raids open up..

It was a lot of back-and-forth with the team to get it into its current form and keep the rarity and the slow upgrade rate that they want while still keeping crafters involved. I really tried for at least heirloom, but it is an issue of progression rate.
    Yenk and Cusashorn like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

now that sounds interesting , you don't exchange recipes but services , I make yours and you make mine :D .
    Jaden, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yes, I know this is a MMORPG and all of that...I still do not want to be forced to interact with others for crafting! To me, crafting is a SOLO process. A time to be alone. I am still quite salty that the Proof in the Pudding recipe components got changed from HEIRLOOM to NO-TRADE. I have all 9 crafters, why should I be forced to commission somebody else for something I can do myself? (I realize that the Pudding thing is long before Denmum's reign, so not laying the blame for that at her feet!)
  5. Denmum Developer

Erm, the protection of the cabbage stuff is heirloom. I just spot-checked the ruby encrusted stein and the protection of the cabbage spell in the database to be sure.

That having been said, if you don't want to craft for others, and you don't plan on doing heroic 2 dungeons and/or raids, then toss the scrolls. You'll still get another reward from the weekly (along with the higher amount of Vetrovian curency) that can include some of the rarer recipe books, among other things.
    Yenk, Jaden, Rosyposy and 4 others like this.
  6. Bramdar Active Member

It'll be interesting to see how this system works out. I like the idea of commissioning crafters who know the recipes to make the upgraded items... but to be honest, I fully expect to forget which recipes I have on which of my 9 crafting characters and just decide to not answer the request. Hopefully I'm in the minority there.

And it's not so bad when the weekly awards these recipes and another item... except for earlier when my reward was one of these recipes, and a limited progress potion. At least I discovered the recipe. :)
    Lateana, Schmetterling and Geroblue like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Mom , what about the shawl ?, that's another quest where you need everything done in order this time .
    Rosyposy, Lateana and Breanna like this.
  8. Denmum Developer

The shawl is the one and only tradeskill heritage quest, and I have no plans to change the heirloom combines, nor the required crafting order, as it was meant to be complex and involved.

As with anything, that doesn't mean it can never be revisited, it just means it is not planned at this time and is not on my future radar either.
    Yenk, Rosyposy, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

Hmm, well that is good news! I am 99.999% certain that the sub-combines were changed to NO-TRADE (forcing commission crafting) a number of years ago, which messed with my plans to have other alts have the earring. If I am wrong, well, it wouldn't be the first time and I am certain it won't be the last time.
    Schmetterling and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Torri Active Member

I can confirm that the pieces each class can make are indeed heirloom. I returned after a long absence and ran 3 crafters through PoTP in the past 12 months for the earring in order to get the KA sig line done for the mount
    AOE1, Jaden and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks Denmum , as long as the combines are heirloom , one can still do it by putting the items in to the shared bank in order
    and take them out on the person who is making the shawl right away .
    I agree that this is a very special quest , and also the only one you can still die if you fail the crafting on the very last step .
    I did the, the proof is in the Pudding quest not long ago , and the only reason I needed somebody to commission craft parts was because the parts are heirloom .
    I even had the same people make me two of each for my alt who I knew needs the parts with in the next weeks
    Rosyposy and Daryx like this.
  12. Daryx Well-Known Member

It's not the only one you can die, though. One was just added and the ROS final combine is also rather deadly, off the top of my head. (And the ROS one had more chances to die than the new one; thank you Denmum for minimizing that!)
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yikes another deadly one thanks for the warning Daryx .
  14. Bramdar Active Member

I probably could keep track of these recipes as I get them on each character. But I haven't been so far. We'll see what the demand is like for these once others start looting the heroic II weapons, but I hope they don't take up bank space until I delete them to make way for another expansion.

It's too bad that recipes/items like this can't be shared amongst an entire guild, at least. Or maybe able to be put into a guild hall only depot that members can only access after x days of guild membership. I don't even want to pretend the level of effort needed to create an item class like that, and I know I have no idea how it could be exploited. But I do think my guild would be more likely to make use of these recipes if we could pool them.
  15. Laughing Owl Active Member

Yep, 'Commissioning' crafting has been in game for ever as a way to force player interaction. To me the only slightly annoying thing is remembering which of your toons, knows which pattern
  16. Mizery New Member

So the "mold" is hierloom" but the crafted weapon is no trade??! What kind of sense does that make? Let's say I play weird hours and no one that i know is on with the recipe I need? So I am to just sit on and item that I will most likely never get crafted until next xpac? What's the purpose? Tired of excuses this is just dumb.
    As you can tell I am very fed up with all this bs.
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I scribe the recipes on all my tradeskillers and when I see someone needing an item made, I send a tell and am able to make it for them if they have the necessary items. Of course, this is where a spread sheet comes in handy.
    Alenna likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't really want to have to maintain a spreadsheet indicating who has which Blood-Wrought recipe. If they were at least HEIRLOOM, I could concentrate them all on ONE TOON.
    Tkia, Rattophaxe, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

It was complexity, not to mention needing video-game skills, that drove my friends and family from the game in KA. All were primarily crafters and decorators. None of us, to this day, understand what video-game skills, complexity, and lethal combines do with crafting except keep people from playing and supporting the game and their guilds. All those, that left, started with the launch of EQ1. From a business perspective, none of this makes sense. It is crazy to drive away your customers--but especially long-time customers.
    AOE1, Rosyposy and Lateana like this.
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

at least it gives us an interest in doing them. Without that, apart from the superb timeline, we would have quickly gone around.
    I miss the beginning of crafting, when it took an alchemist to make you ink and thus craft a spell.. but let's be honest, the population isn't what it used to be. We have to be satisfied with that clever mix to keep the craft alive despite everything.
    thanks to that, we have a semblance of interaction.