VOV Dailies Request

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Netherfury, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Netherfury Member

I absolute applaud the work you have done for the new expansion, however the vov daily falls behind very fast.
    In BOL, there was chance of Merc, Mount, Research reduction, and Familiar EXP
    where as in VOV its pretty much house items, which most people do not want
    seriously, im done with chess pieces...
    Please add the BOL items and remove the house items
    as it is, its not rewarding to do the dailies
    sorry, i dont mean to be negative, just its frustrating the dailies seem to only give house items <3
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

It is even more frustrating for those of us who've decided that the only way to make the dailies remotely interesting is to try to build a complete chess set. Because guess what -- the pawns, of which you obviously need many more than everything else, drop at a fraction of the rate. It's almost as though someone decided to make the dailies as pointless as possible.
    Lateana and Netherfury like this.
  3. Squidly Active Member

I would also like to see the Potions of Progress removed from the VoV dailies. I mean why are we having an item from the AoM xpac, still on the loot table in VoV.
    Netherfury likes this.
  4. Netherfury Member

a nice comprimise, would again include BOL system.
    Daily crate can contain -
    Merc,Research. Mount reduction, recipes, familiar XP
    with a bonus currency for a vendor next to quest giver (same as BOL)
    Where you can buy the items with a currency, so you could get the pawns via currency rather than random
    Chaeli likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you don't have 100,000+ samples, you don't remotely have enough to intuit what the loot table looks like. Anecdotally, all I seem to ever get are pawns, and I sell every one on the broker at 5000p.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sig, please throw that statistics textbook away. It is either flat out wrong, or misleading. People can and do make conclusions based on far smaller sample sizes with a high degree of success. Reliability and Maintainability experts have been doing it for decades. Is there a chance that you are making decisions based on outliers? Sure. But that means we're talking about confidence intervals which is a different thing.
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I went through my alts and dumped all my chess pieces into my newly made depot. Then added the full chess board I had constructed for the guild hall. Small sample size for sure, but it seems to me that all pieces have close to an equal chance of dropping. Since you need 4x more pawns than any other piece, that would account for why they seem less common.
    ---------B---W
    King 13 10
    Queen 21 14
    Knight 14 11
    Bishop 11 14
    Rook 7 8
    Pawn 12 14
    Lateana likes this.
  8. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Hmmm -- thank you very much for these numbers. Combining them with my own, I see that pawns do in fact drop at the same rate as everything else (or at least, the hypothesis that they do cannot be rejected, for anyone that wants to get technical). The problem, as ever, is the eye of the beholder :D, compounded by the fact that, as you say, we need 4x as many of them.
  9. Bramdar Active Member

BoL tradeskill tasks didn't permanently drop mount/familiar/merc research items, did they? I thought that was only a temporary thing during the gear up event in the fall (similar to what was done last fall in RoS.)

I am tired of chess pieces in the VoV daily, though. I voiced my opposition to removing transmutation stones from the daily rewards at launch, but it was drowned out in the sea of complaints about recipe book drop rates. It's a shame, too - 4 dailies per day for the past week, and I now have 28 MORE chess pieces, and the guild tradeskill vault has 40 or 50 Vetrovian Fragments and over 10,000 Vetrovian Powders...
  10. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

This^^^. How the hell are we supposed to get fragments? Almost none of the dropped gear is Treasured.

Bring back the soda cans!!
    Doobius40504, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  11. Netherfury Member

maybe Denmum can clarify this one, but i know for me, i didnt come back till november, i think it was, and event had ended, and have still got them, sure theyve been rare, but still got them, and when you examine the crate with quest active, it lists them as rewards, heck id even take gathered resources over chess pieces, also having a fragment issue
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kill overland names. They always drop Treasured. Also, Transmutation Stones can and do drop in solos.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  13. Yenk Active Member

14. Bramdar Active Member

I know there are other options to get transmutation stones. My complaint when others were asking for stones to be removed from the daily tradeskill task was that I would prefer daily rewards that have utility (even though I don't mind the furniture being part of the reward table as well.) My exact words were "And in the long run, I'll take a transmutation stone as a daily reward over chess piece number 10347 in a heartbeat," and I stand by them.
  15. Yenk Active Member

I agree. I also found it a bit foolish that the transmutation stones were removed from the TS dailies.
    If we didn't need them, we could sell them for as much as 20-50k.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  16. Yavie Active Member

Denmum, I really enjoy the daily ts quests, BUT, I have 10 tradeskillers and lately the only things they seem to get are chess pieces. I was one of those that was absolutely against removing the transmutation stones as a reward. I would much prefer to get something like that than yet more chess pieces. Over the weeks, I have gotten a few nails and other house items, and once in a very, very, very great while a recipe book. I am about ready to quit doing the daily ts quest because it has nothing decent as a reward in 10 out of 10 toons.
    Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Potions of progress are highly useful if saved for a new questline, or something troublesome, like the PoP questline (*slight eye twitch) if one were to go back and do that, for items like the harvest bag and updated pack pony.
    Daryx, Almee, Doobius40504 and 3 others like this.
  18. Yenk Active Member

Cannot confirm Yavies objection. Got 3 chess, 1 nail and 1 saddle pattern from 5 TS-dailies. That's ok.
    Maybe Yavie was very unlucky today. :rolleyes:
  19. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

House items should have never been added in the loot table for daily or weekly TS quest. House items should be on house item NPC and or crafted by oh you guessed it, crafters.

Starting to think the Devs hate their paying customers by give them rocks and weeds as game rewards.....
  20. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

True, but they'd be a lot more useful if the wretched things were hierloom!