I Am Angry and Disappointed

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I just took a newly minted 100 through the first two PoM instances. I applied a double xp pot right before the first ding in the first instance. I then went through that instance and the following one and was standing in the center of the Arena of Valor looking for the freaking NPC and he wasn't to be found. Meanwhile my double- xp pot is running out.

But I found him and got to him with the xp pot still showing and son of a gun if it didn't register as double xp so now I'm 119 instead of 120. I assume there was a nano second delay there somewhere between client and server but now this character is totally screwed for VoV thanks to DP being so cute with hiding the ending NPC.
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm sure DP hid him on purpose.
    Jaden, Rattophaxe and Dude like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Did you submit a bug report?
  4. Denmum Developer

If you mean Varig Ro, he wanders, yes, and always has. I'm sorry if you had issues with the timing on your xp potion.

Thankfully, if you're 119, you're not that far off from where you need to be to skip past several xpacs and hit VoV. That could be a couple writs, it could be the first quest in the CD line (which is very quick and easy, with no mobs involved), etc.
    Yenk, Quillyne, Lucrethia and 4 others like this.
  5. Kethryl Active Member

I haven't done the math to determine exactly how much quest XP you get from each one (and it'll obviously vary based on potions, vitality, max-level-crafter bonus, subscription bonus, equipped item bonus, etc), but it took me 3-4 quests to hit 120 with mine.

I suspect you could just grind out the rest with writs (either normal or rush order), assuming you have some available at that level? If not, other expansions' tradeskill questlines could potentially provide the XP needed without too much effort.

It's annoying to be just a little "short" of your goal, but to jump 19 levels in 2 quests is a pretty good haul, I'd say.
    Lateana and Dude like this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm not big on having turn in NPCs wander around--especially when they are often blocked from view. The first time I had to find the NPC it took several referrals to the Wiki to make sure I was doing the quest right.

When we do other quests, an icon appears on the map to let us know where the NPC is but not with this quest. So exactly how does playing hide and seek with this NPC improve the game or make it more enjoyable? It is like trying to kick a field goal while people are running around with the goal posts.

I admit I'm cranky. I think this was the 12th time, this week, I've run this quest (which I hate with a passion). And I was so angry I forgot I actually enjoy the next instance even though it involves a lot of running around. Or I can just wait to finish her up when my characters start the CD line.

So while my gripe is valid, i apologize for not just making a suggestion that they spawn the NPC where he can be seen from the center. That way it is still random but he is visible so players won't think they have made a mistake reading the directions.
  7. Bramdar Active Member

My luck with Varig Ro always works this way: when I go looking for him instead of looking for the marker on the map, he's always in the last spot I expect him to be. He does show a blinking red quest icon on the large map, though - are you saying you didn't see that? The last time I did that quest was last Friday or Saturday, and he had the map window quest icon then.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I've honestly never not seen him on the map. I wasn't aware there was any quest that did not show him.

I've done the quest series several times at this point and always use the map to find him if I'm trying to be quick about it.
    Breanna, Xillean, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  9. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

So lets see if I've got this right: the OP has done the quest before, so must know that Varig wanders, but nontheless drinks her potion before she finds him, and is now furiously complaining that she's "only" made 19 levels from 2 quests. Seriously??
    Breanna, Tkia and Dude like this.
  10. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Just go do the first 4 quests in CD for that nifty 66 slot bag and your lvl 120+ :)
    Finora likes this.
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

I can understand the disappointment, but you can only blame yourself.

Did you check the time left on the potion?
    Map didnt shown the red book to help u reach the npc ?
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

From what I understand, she used the potion during the instance, for the first ding and hoped to use the same to validate varig.

And ye in 15 min doing cd 3 first quest u re 120.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

I did the CD quests up to getting the 88-slot backpack and I'm only halfway to 120--and that was with using a double xp pot. My character is only 91 so harvesting is a bit problematic for the next step that requires harvesting 50 of 3 items. I doubt it will let me do the harvesting in BoL where there is no aggro.

I did the first bit of harvesting using my 122 SK to kill mobs but that is a PITA so I'll have to decide if I want to kill my eyes in the Tower or Ro or kill my hands doing how ever many rounds of rush orders it takes.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

The xp pot was lit when I turned in the quest. There is no book on the map to help locate the NPC. You have to stand in the middle and wait for him to appear from behind one of the four pillars unless you are lucky and he spawns in a visible spot. But it wouldn't have been so close if the NPC always spawned in a visible location but DP wants us to hunt him down to waste time.
  15. Xillean Well-Known Member

I am not sure why you didn't get a book on the map but I've done this quest 9 times in the last few weeks and each time there was a book on the map wandering around. I do agree it would be nice if he just stood in one spot but sounds like it bugged out for you if you didn't see his book on the map.

I am sorry it happened though. I found crafting xp from CD to be really slow and rush orders arent much better. If you can stomach it the first quest for luclin might do better for xp.
    Almee likes this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

As it turns out, a miracle occurred and my 91 necro suddenly found herself a 110 necro. Just goes to show how many level buffs I still have in my rewards bag. Now she can go do the rest of the CD quests, which she was going to do anyway because they are fun quests if you are at least 110. I'm running her out now, to get her to 120 and then I'll finish up her crafting.
    Xillean likes this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

I think double xp pots aren't working. I had to do 8 quests, in the CD line, to get from 119 to 120 in tradeskills. Not only that, but when leveling from 110 to 120, in adventuring in BoL, I had to do 3 more quests than all my other characters who did that series to get from 110 to 120.

Or maybe they have nerfed necros' xp gain. Whatever the reason for the slow leveling, it wasn't a fun experience. But lessons learned--I will be more careful with the timing of xp pots in the future.
  18. Squidly Active Member

Almee:

I took my level 120 Ranger, who was lvl 110 crafter through the CD, BoL and the Ros TS Sig line. I had zero vitality by the time I was 3/4 of the way through the CD sig line, I also had zero Veteran Bonus on that account. By the time I finished the RoS Sig line she dinged 125 Woodworker on the last turn-in.

Did the BoL and RoS sig line all in one sitting.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I haven't finished the BoL TS sig line on any of my 54 characters on Live servers. I got two about 2/3 of the way through before I gave up. I didn't enjoy it and life's too short to do something I don't enjoy.

But I wasn't too happy with anything BoL, at the time, so maybe I'll go back and try to finish up the two that started the timeline after I've completed VoV. That's a timeline I really enjoyed, except the last combine and now that I know how to do it I probably will only have minor heart attacks trying to complete the combine lol.