And chanters?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rebelde, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Rebelde Active Member

Hi!
    I read the patch notes and I miss something.... where are the chanters? Don't they need an "adjustment" as the rest of the mages?
    Thank you
    Rrenee and Jrox like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Illy and Coercers seemed to be ok relative to the other 4 mage classes. Although I was surprised not to see much of anything for necros.
  3. Rebelde Active Member

Yes, relatively far from where we were in the last expansions........ but at the end, far.
    Once again, chanters ate the mages nerf but not the empowerment.
    Williamd428, Rrenee and Jrox like this.
  4. kilur New Member

And then someone is surprised that all the guilds look for enchanter for raids? With each expansion you lose even more the desire to continue with this class and not change to another more playable
    Williamd428 and Rebelde like this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

WHERE ARE MY ILLY FIXES AT YOU GRUNTS!!

General
    • All Alternate Advancement abilities have been updated to work with an upcoming server type.
      Decreased base level 121+ melee art damage multiplier from 1.7 - 2.184 [min range] to 1.53 - 2.007 [max range].
    • Beastlord
      • All primal abilities now use a primal specific base damage table instead of sharing the scout table.
      • Decreased the base melee art damage multiplier of all primals from 2.184 to 1.898.
    • Conjuror
      • Chilling Winds now increases the effectiveness of Winds of Velious by 5 per tier.
      • Increased the base damage of Blaze from 8.64 to 43.2.
      • Increased the base damage of Consuming Inferno from 50.4 to 55.44.
      • Increased the base damage of Earthquake from 8.82 to 20.55.
      • Increased the base damage of Energizing Winds from 2 to 17.5.
      • Increased the base damage of Fiery Annihilation from 3.78 to 18.9.
      • Increased the base damage of Lingering Flames from 2 to 39.1.
      • Increased the base damage of Petrify from 6.3 to 17.01.
      • Increased the base damage of Planar Burst from five hits of 3.825 to a single hit of 78.695.
      • Increased the base damage of Planar Detonation from 1.6 to 18.257.
      • Increased the base damage of Planar Wrack from 9.5625 to 20.846.
      • Increased the base damage of Winds of Velious from 1.449 to 8.694.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Consuming Inferno from 11.256 to 55.44.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Fiery Annihilation from 0.804 to 18.9.
      • Offensive Onslaught now increases the effectiveness of Antagonize by 8 per tier.
    • Mage
      • Increased the base damage of Arcane Bewilderment from 9.5 to 27.75.
      • Increased the base damage of Unda Arcanus Spiritus from 28 to 37.
      • Strike of the Mage now improves the effectiveness of Solar Flare, Dissolve, Crystal Blast, Soulrot, Hemorrhage, and Ultraviolet Beam by 2 per tier.
      • Necromancer
      • Increased the base damage of Bloodcloud from 9.24 to 20.328.
      • Increased the base damage of Bloodcoil from 12.672 to 23.696.
      • Increased the base damage of Boil Blood from 20.16 to 83.059.
      • Increased the base damage of Death Grip from five hits of 3.825 to a single hit of 57.375.
      • Increased the base damage of Graverot from 13.5 to 23.085.
      • Increased the base damage of Rot Flesh from 18 to 30.78.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Graverot from 2.25 to 9.
    • Sorcerer
      • Critical Mastery now increases effectiveness of profession spells by 1.
      • Enhance: Flames of Velious now increases effectiveness of poison spells by 4.
      • Increased the base damage of Flames of Velious from 5.5 to 21.78.
      • Sorcery Mastery now increases effectiveness of Ice Comet and Apocalypse by 4.
    • Summoner
      • Increased the base damage of Vampire Bats from 1.386 to 15.246.
      • Minion's Critical Strike now increases the effectiveness of pet abilities by 3 per tier.
    • Ranger
      • Decreased the base damage of Triple Shot above level 110 from 143.3 to 132.9.
      • Decreased the max variance of Triple Shot from 0.25 to 0.05.
    • Warlock
      • Destitute now increases effectiveness of Absolution by 7.
      • Increased the base damage of Abhorrence from 7.776 to 17.184.
      • Increased the base damage of Absolution from 73.92 to 94.617.
      • Increased the base damage of Apocalypse from 47.161 to 60.366.
      • Increased the base damage of Dark Aggravation from 50 to 88.
      • Increased the base damage of Dark Nebula from 11.119 to 29.91.
      • Increased the base damage of Dark Siphoning from 14.012 to 25.641.
      • Increased the base damage of Decimation from 107.333 to 151.458.
      • Increased the base damage of Occult Bolt from 16 to 26.
      • Increased the base damage of Plaguebringer from 32 to 69.44.
      • Increased the base damage of Toxic Assault from 49.73 to 63.107.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Apocalypse from 40.56 to 51.916.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Decimation from 107.333 to 136.312.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Plaguebringer from 8 to 69.44.
      • Noxious Breath now increases effectiveness of Vacuum Field by 20.
      • Poison Mastery Increases effectiveness of poison based profession Spells by 15.
      • Warlock's Gift now increases effectiveness of Abhorrence by 8.
    • Wizard
      • Atomic Reaction now increases effectiveness of Fusion by 8 per tier.
      • Heat Mastery now increases effectiveness of all heat based profession spells by 15.
      • Icicle Lash now increases effectiveness of Ice Lash by 7 per tier.
      • Increased the base damage of Fiery Blast from 66.75 to 78.765.
      • Increased the base damage of Fusion from 54 to 85.86.
      • Increased the base damage of Hail Storm from 17.6 to 52.8.
      • Increased the base damage of Immolation from 18.144 to 34.473.
      • Increased the base damage of Incinerate from 3.1 to 11.315.
      • Increased the base damage of Magma Chamber from 18.72 to 41.932.
      • Increased the base damage of Rays of Disintegration from 82.5 to 104.775.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Hail Storm from 4.5 to 52.8.
      • Increased the base over time damage of Immolation from 14.175 to 34.473.
      • Void Tempest now increases effectiveness of Ice Spears by 10 per tier.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

You my friend do not play an Illy... Nough Said.

And Necros got much love by the way. Just was not bulleted properly. Reading is fundamental...

• Necromancer
    • Increased the base damage of Bloodcloud from 9.24 to 20.328.
    • Increased the base damage of Bloodcoil from 12.672 to 23.696.
    • Increased the base damage of Boil Blood from 20.16 to 83.059.
    • Increased the base damage of Death Grip from five hits of 3.825 to a single hit of 57.375.
    • Increased the base damage of Graverot from 13.5 to 23.085.
    • Increased the base damage of Rot Flesh from 18 to 30.78.
    • Increased the base over time damage of Graverot from 2.25 to 9.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

We can run grps now with Inqy/Necro or Conjy for enough power or we run with a Troub or Coercer since Coercers are quite well up in DPS with other mages. But Illy's lol. I mained one for a long time (Over 8 years and loved it) and finally just dropped him. Illy's have never been in a worse spot. It started to get bad in BoL then got even worse in RoS but now they are at their lowest form ever, throughout all of EQ2's time and only getting worse. This update actually sets them back even more as other mages push ahead they are completely left behind.

My small humble opinion, Raids and groups have zero use for Illusionist right now. Power can be maintained by Coercers and Troubs. Better buffs from Dirges/Troubs and Coercers as well. I mean really you could drop the Illy for an Inqy or Summoner and do better raid (group) wide.

Just my 2 cents on the state of the Illy currently.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I mean, you give 50% of manaward to an entire group...that's kinda valuable.
  9. Rrenee Member

They broke manaward. It doesn't do but a small fraction of what it did.
  10. Rebelde Active Member

Manaward is a joke now. A bad taste joke :mad:
  11. Magdaddy Active Member

Support classes parsing like support classes is bad because.....?

Maybe I'm missing something. While we're calling for buffs, my healer can't keep up with T1s either. Please fix this ASAP, balance team.
  12. kilur New Member

It is not about comparing within the enchanter class between the two branches, although there was a moment when things changed and the coercer happened to do more dps. If not about the difference that there is with the rest of the magicians with each expansion and patch. I don't know what word in English would be good and without offending to say the face you get every time they take out a patch like this and you see everything that improves the rest and the enchanters is merely anecdotal,
  13. vexen Member

Enchanters actually were nerfed in the patch along with every group that runs one
  14. Rebelde Active Member

Fix dirge heal then (Nox symphony parses as mad).... and everyone will be blind instead of one-eyed o_O
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Necro's didn't need much love. They have been a favorite of the devs for years while the other Mage's were either nerfed or ignored.
  16. Jrox Well-Known Member

Completely missed the point...
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Actually this expansion it doesn't parse like mad on all mobs because not all are physical, but many raids can be run without it even being cast, but any other buff a dirge would put on is worthless so its really a mute point.
  18. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I like how we've become accustomed to something being so very powerful that when they bring it down to some type of standard its considered "broke".. and yes.. i play a coercer as well.
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

What would you do to fix the enchanters, and where do you think they should sit on a parse?
  20. Rrenee Member

So while I am sure you know this already, Manaward is overwritten by other wards, including the self ward from AAs. In order to benefit from Manaward, a player generally uses Pact to prevent other wards from overwriting. This is a huge price in vulnerability to pay for a huge increase in potency. Glass cannon. But the now minor buff, isn't worth the loss of wards, so it is a moth-balled ability. AAs are better spent elsewhere.