Fixed Internally Wizard Heat Mastery and Critical Mastery additive to Mount statistics

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dezum, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Dezum Member

The two abilities One AA ability in the Shadows tree that have received updates this morning are not working as they state.

Heat Mastery states, "Increases effectiveness of all heat based profession Spells by 15.", this 15 is going towards the mount statistics rather than increasing Immolation, Ball of Fire, Rays of Disintegration, Flames of Velious, Protoflame, and Let it Burn & Solar Flare by the stated amount. The 15 is actually being treated as 15% and applying a 15% increase to the mount statistics currently summoned.

Edit: Slight edit here, 106,940.4 + (106,940.4 * 0.15) = 122,981.46

I think it would be more accurate to state it's Heat Mastery so ignore Critical Mastery unless you figure it's causing it too.

Critical Mastery states, "Increases effectiveness of profession spells by 5.", this 5 is going towards the mount statistics and is being treated as a 5% increase.

In total, with the 20% mount statistics increase the wizard is receiving an additional 15,595.5% potency if you have the premium mount and you have the Tolan's Darkwood Mount Infusion.

Here are some pictures showing the Alternate Advancement ability alongside the mount statistic increases.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

If this is not a bug, please close this thread.
  2. Azilarir New Member

An AA that increases resolve and potency on a player's mount? Yeah, that seems like a bug :cool:
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

maybe you just have a really hot horse :)
    6.9% block, noice
    Lucymae and badname912 like this.
  4. Carthington Member

It does it on me too, but I don't have Critical Mastery (yet) so mine only goes to 297
    Lucymae likes this.
  5. Deadheals Member

Lmao.. lovely. Whichever dev is in charge of classes/balance needs to quadruple check their work or be replaced. and then still have a 5th grade math class come by to check. and the numbers will still be wrong.

4 expacs of being told "this is the year of balance" .. we're only increasing level by 5 this time to be better inline for better balance... and its more out of whack than ever before.
    Lucymae, Cropster and badname912 like this.
  6. badname912 Active Member

working as implemented
    Lucymae likes this.
  7. badname912 Active Member

Isn't there supposed to be a test server? Or are we the test server? (insert spiderman pointing at itself meme)
    Lucymae likes this.
  8. Lemmehealu Member

I have tested this and have the same results. Heat Mastery is affecting the mount
    Lucymae, Cropster and Dezum like this.
  9. Azilarir New Member

Keep in mind they tend to not pay enough attention to reported bugs that aren't upvoted with 'likes' so hit that Like button if you want this fixed :)
    Lucymae likes this.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

In all honesty, that tends to be true for negative bugs moreso than bugs that provided exploitable benefits.
    Bludd and Lucymae like this.
  11. Azilarir New Member

Discovered that this bug is also boosting stats for wizards using any familiar. That's like 21,000 more total potency wizards get because of this bug.
  12. Lemmehealu Member

The 21k pot bug should be fixed for sure. That said I feel like wizards are right where they should be in raids atm. So after fixing the bug will leave more increases needed to some abilities for us to stay where we should be relative to our potency, other stats.