Two many guilds for one person

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hartsmith, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I have a level 108 guild in a T4 Commonlands guildhall on Skyfire that I just don't have time for, and all the other players have long since moved on to other more active guilds. What is the policy about selling it for ingame currency?
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

I don't think you can, I think you can only abandon houses including Guild Halls. Retrieve what you can before you do.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

It would be a matter of Recruiting the player, promote them to guild leader after payment (unless against any DB rules), then I go on my merry way.

Obviously this would only interest someone who doesn't have a high level guild already and/or wants their own.
    Breanna and Lateana like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

I see people try to sell them in /auction, but guild levels are so easy to attain that they don't seem to go for much. YMMV.
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  5. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

In My opionon all Guilds with less thena 10 Active members should be closed .

The Guild systhem is thier for collect active players into one Pool to play togather and help each other not for create nice names and hang around in a 500 squer meters Guild Hall alone.
  6. Evangel Member

while i tend to agree that there are too many inactive guilds around, being used as extended housing, or whatever.......i would have been pretty sad to see my old guild deleted when i had taken a break from the game.

Perhaps guilds could go into an "inactive" state if the minimum number of accounts for guild creation are not present for 60 days, or something to that effect. Whatever makes guild halls the preferred housing, could that perhaps be added to personal housing (ie. Scroll Depots) beforehand? I suppose another issue is that people put a lot of work/time/sp into guild halls and keep them up for that reason, even once leaving to join a more active guild. Perhaps there could be a way to "foreclose" a hall and recoup some of the SP/Plat or guild XP?
    Twyla, Mizery and Geroblue like this.
  7. Suidakra Active Member

Noo, less than 6 please :).
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Originally, I joined this guild because they needed one more person to create it. I'm not much of a talker, but that didn't seem to bother them, so I stayed. Ended up staying years after they stopped playing, earning the guild the last 50 or so levels by myself.
    However, I never really felt the guild name matched my play style/personality, but the $50 (at the time) was too much to change it on my budget. So after getting my second laptop and learning I could play the min accts needed to create a guild, I created one with a name better suited to me.
    Why would I do that when there are so many active guilds out there? Because I have my own issues that make social interaction uncomfortable at times.
    You suggested personal depots instead of a guild. My primary character is a carpenter, so I already crafted all the personal depots that were available and tried to make a non-guild guildhall. But depots only hold a tiny amount (at the time) and are only a small benefit of having an actual guildhall. Rally banner, the trio of harvesters and a large enough depot to hold all the tiers of resources. Plus the Rush Order Writs agent is right there, making leveling up with all the resources a breeze. So many amenities that are not available to non-guild housing.
    This! If any of the original members of the guild were to ever reappear, I would be happy to turn it over to them for free. But there is around 200-300 plat in escrow, and I personally contributed millions of status to keep it open and also to add all the amenities added after the other members left. So I'd rather not simply abandon it if there is a chance there is/are a player or group of players that want their own guild that already owns a T4 hall with most amenities.
    Ginrummy and Breanna like this.
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

In your opinion. Ideally, certainly. But you play your way. Those of us who are solo due to social anxiety issues will play our way. Killing our guilds won't get us to join yours. It would only drive us away from the game all together. Pretty sure DBG does not want to lose those of us that sub multiple accts and purchase expansions for alt ftp accts.
    Nyxis, Jadefox, Ginrummy and 11 others like this.
  10. Aislynn Member

I prefer not being in a guild with anyone. I'm in a guild alone, just me and my alts. It gives me a guild bank, it gives me storage, it gives me harvesters. I'm able to support my crafters and I'm able to decorate however I want without anyone else's feelings (or PCs that can't handle the load). I play on my own time, I do PUGs when I feel like it, I do my own thing.

*I* shouldn't be forced to be social because *you* like it, anymore than *you* should be forced to be alone in a guild, decorating a hall, being antisocial because *I* like it.

Live and let live.
    Nyxis, Jadefox, Ginrummy and 12 others like this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

You can level a guild to max in like 2 days, I can't imagine you'd get much in the way of payment for a level 100 one.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Why try and sell it? Just leave it.
    There is no rule that says you have to keep a guild "active"! Just leave it there, like the hundreds of dead guilds /characters in the game. They will be there in case you change your mind and start playing again.
  13. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Really do whatever you want with it. Sell, Strip it, whatever. Now as far as the comments guilds should close if they don't have enough active players because guilds are for grouping. Sorry but EQ2 is supposed to a play it your way kind of way game. If people want to have a private guild to get some use of guild perks that does not take anything away for other players.
    Kattt, Aislynn, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  14. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Yes, I am sure you can (with enough people playing at the same time (took me by myself on 4 accts to get from 95 to 106 an entire double status bonus week), but this isn't just a level 108 guild. It is one that already has the T4 commonlands hall, plus most of the most popular amenities already unlocked. if you don't have to be the one spending millions in status to unlock the best amenities, then it would certainly be worth a few extra plat to someone.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Lucrethia New Member

So in your opinion, a guild with 9 active members can't have a GH, do groups Heroic, PUR, tradeskill, and ENJOY their style of play in the GH they have chosen, paid for, maintained?
    Spextasy, Kattt, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  16. Nutari Member

in a game which loses player and dont have a high population you wanna close guilds ?
    Absolutely no.

There is no problem with any guilds lesser than 10 guilds or do they disturb your playing style ?
    This game can be happy to have players who play it.

Sorry but this is an ego trip from you nothing more.

If this game would have high population like in beginning 6 should be the minimum like you need to create a guild.
    Many guilds startet with 6 and growed over the time.

Your words are thoughtless
    Hartsmith and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Fikkif Member

Once it falls under 6 maybe. Because that's the requirement to start a guild.
  18. Fikkif Member

If anything, I'd say raise the intial cost at creating a guild 1000x and the cost of maintaining guild halls exponentially more expensive.
  19. Aislynn Member

One character can easily keep a guild hall with a reasonable amount of amenities running on the daily/weekly crafting quests alone (VoV, current teir). I'm not sure why that's a problem, though? It's not new, either. You can also box old raid content and get the same result. I started doing that about 7 years ago and my guildhall is in no danger of me running out of status or coin enough to keep it open.

Taking my guild hall, the time I spent decorating it, my amenities, and my storage away from me wouldn't force me to join a guild and suddenly be super social and grouping all the time. What it would do is cause me to make a few free accounts for storage (their bank + their inventory), then I'd run the pack pony quest series so I could have additional harvestables.

I'd also petition and complain - a lot - at losing my guild hall, and demand to be compensated for the in-game items it took to unlock it in the first place.
  20. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

And what is the determining factor of being under 6? Subscriptions? Then you'd certainly lose most of the ftp. How many of them actually spend real money in the game? I have multiple ftp accts that I've spent real world money on. Even purchased standard editions of BoL for two of them after I received my stim ck. This is on top of the two accts that are sub'd.

Seriously, what would be the point of closing down any guilds?
    I'm just guessing, but it seems the only real reason anyone is wanting to put an end to solo and minimum player guilds is in the hopes of adding them to their own because they want the ego boost to their pride for having so many active players. Sadly, if their guilds were so great, then those of us who solo or stick to small groups would have already joined them already.

Why? It is already pretty f'n expensive for soloists to maintain, and the existence of soloist guilds do not affect your guild in any way shape or form.

Same!
    My second guild was started by myself using two multi core laptops and two sub'd & multiple ftp accounts. So every level, every amenity, and every move to a larger guildhall? All me.

So please, put an end to calls to close guilds. It won't solve any of your guild's bleeding membership problems.
    Nyxis, Ginrummy, Test Taffies and 5 others like this.