VoV and Conjuror nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Finessa, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

eh, I hadn't looked at test notes and thought they were done for two weeks for holidays, my bad.. maybe that starts this week
  2. Finessa Member

What? LOL My parses show Soulburn hitting for less than 1% of my parse. The final mob or two in H2's my parse gets even worse. Raid and group mobs last expansion it was 13% - 17% of my total damage. We were raiding end-game content (and beat it) and my group defeated Vex Challenge multiple times. Elemental blast is accounting for 1-3% of my damage.
    Beee and Nathanar like this.
  3. Finessa Member

I think I misread what you were saying. Yeah I'm up at almost 600k potency now and Soulburn is still at <1%.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Has anyone tried using one of the damage type baubles available from the Currency Merchant in Kamapor that changes damage type to some sort of physical damage yet? Does that change anything? I'm gonna try that on my casters and see if it makes any impact.
    Hiza likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Has anyone tried using one of the damage type baubles available from the Currency Merchant in Kamapor that changes damage type to some sort of physical damage yet? Does that change anything? I'm gonna try that on my casters and see if it makes any impact.
  6. Lioria New Member

Yes I have tried this, but only in Heroic IIs. It decreased my dps significantly. I would say I was doing on average 40b a pull before the physical damage infusion, and then about 15b with it. Conjuror btw, and I did take notice that it did not switch my pets outgoing damage type although the tooltip states it should. I don't know if that were to be fixed, if it would help at all.
    Beee likes this.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

New Conj spell tweaking changes are in todays update notes they look interesting .
  8. Thand Well-Known Member

So all our spells that did 0 percent of our parse got upgraded.. Consuming Infirno looks decent though, SoulBurn and Elemental Blast will still be garbage
  9. Gawronich Member

Soulburn can be thrown out of AA. It looks like they are not going to edit it
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

yah its us like 20th on my parse along with elemental blast.
  11. Ashandra Well-Known Member

No word on our swarms either communion isn’t so flash any more . I think pet/swarm stuff is put in the too complicated let’s not touch it basket .
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

At least they kept their word, and that's positive, there was a change.
    I do not see things on pets , to see in a few hours, how this up will work in heroics zones
  13. Kanv Member

Someone must be casting petrify since they logged it and decided to increase its damage!
  14. Lioria New Member

I'd be curious to see some parses from conjurors to see what the big fuss is about. My swarm pets are still a significant chunk of my dps and although my dps is not exactly what it was last xpac, I'm still doing alright as of right now. It seems they boosted the spells that weren't doing much of anything, which is what was needed. I don't really think Communion and Aqueous Swarm need a change because they still contribute significantly and if anything helping our other spells will make it more balanced.

These changes may mean you need to rethink your casting order or make some adjustments, but overall I am very excited to see how these play out. I am also very glad that mages were heard, and changes were put in. It's disappointing seeing everyone rally together and then when the devs actually listen, y'all are still poo pooing them before the fix even goes in.
  15. vexen Member

I cant really speak to conj but any class has spells that are just more efficient. From things I've heard from others and based on this post it does sound like a lot spells got buffed that are not in a typical rotation if at all. From what I've seen it looks like some spells that were completely useless before may become top parsing abilities hopefully the changes will = a gain and not just be a push.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Todays patch produced a nerf of Conjurers Aery Hunter IX by 15% :(
    Tested on Guildhall traing dummy WITH mitigation. 15 min fight just pet

before patch:
    [IMG]

after patch:
    [IMG]

After patch has a higher potency base because of belt upgrade.

Why simply this can't be tested before going life?
  17. Suidakra Active Member

Hm. If today nerfed the scout pet, maybe it buffed the mage pet? Has any conjy got a chance to test?
    Might be too soon to ask, though. Not sure if summoners keep updated pets that are not BIS
  18. Kanv Member

I see the same thing as Beee.
    and no... mage pet is still crap
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

also the 5 aa's in offensive onslaught that adds 40 effectiveness to Antagonize adds 123.9 pot o out pet t.Minion critical added 15 effectivenes to our pet But both of those were out striped by the Over all Pet Nerf. why do all the pet descriptions and buffs call them spells when they are being treated as combat arts this expact, Also this nerf also seems to effecting Aery Assassination and Teluric Devastation from Communion and Aqueous swarm. For a over a temp pet decreess
    Beee and Ashandra like this.
  20. Bardonio Active Member

Things changed from day 1 VoV beta for mages and all of a sudden on the 25th of January there are adjustments? How can soulburn go from top 2 to useless? How can pet health decrease to nothing? How can worthless spells all of a sudden get a beefy upgrade? Why were these things changed to begin with and have no provided context? Now boil blood II for necros is an above the curve spell once again but soulburn and pet health are still garbage? And then the melee multiplier d’ajustement directly affected scout pets? At this point, might as well just stop messing with summoners altogether before they’re completely useless? Why does it feel like this MMO is the struggling stepchild in the MMO family? There’s balance and then there’s this 1/25/22 garbage of an update. Can’t please everyone? Yeah true. It seems devs can’t please devs either. At least SOME devs communicate. Why is there dead silence from the one dev we all would just LOVE to hear? Last time he said anything (iirc)was about the change to
    Necros blighted horde duration. Speak up man. Something is better than nothing.
    Beee and Ashandra like this.