What will be different with Varsoon?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fikkif, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Fikkif Member

Aside from Free Trade (I don't even know what that means), what will be different with Varsoon over Kaladim?

Will loot be tuned better?
    Will release cadence be better (i.e. faster)?
    Will there be a crack down on botting/boxing?
  2. Fikkif Member

Are they going to lie again about what will and won't eventually be released on this server? Like they did with Guildhalls.
  3. Medicinal Active Member

Free trade means there will be few, if any, no trade items. Typical only major quest items, like the Prismatics or Epics, are no trade. Everything else, including raid loot, is tradeable.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Will players keep asking for guildhalls even after almost 3 years ago Kander specifically said ago there will be no guild halls?
    Siren likes this.
  5. Fikkif Member

I don't know what your trying to say?
    Are you saying players should not ask for it since Kander said it wasn't going to happen? (Because it did happen)
    Or are you saying players should ask for it, because even though Kander said it wasn't going to happen, it still did. ?
    Kalipto likes this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

They did not lie. There was originally no intention to add them but because of the continual whining of players they finally caved in and added them.
  8. Jovie Well-Known Member

Why do some people get their pantaloons in a twist over guild halls on tle servers?
    Xevran and Phee like this.
  9. Laalon2 Active Member

Not sure. I've always enjoyed not having them. You see a lot more ppl around when there isn't guild halls. Qeynos broker, etc
    Siren, Rienna, Kalipto and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jellygiantjim Member

if everyone's forced into the towns instead of GHs during the pandemic we all screwed. can't be craft 6 feet apart when using the same crafting station or NPC and you know them durn necros, SKs, and defilers love spreading diseases.
    Laalon2 likes this.
  11. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Will there be a crack-down on non boxers? :) Looking forward to running a 2-3 toon crew (if my third lap top survives that long) when not on Ships or EQ1.
    Laalon2 likes this.
  12. Kalipto New Member

I'd love to see the server also release with all classes and races available from day 1 too. I'd love to see how throwing in a channeler or beastlord changes the lower end game. That may mean they need to adjust/balance those classes for the early game, but still, it'd be cool if they did.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

We have seen it. It was called Fallen Gate. I do not want to visit that circus again.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

We've seen it. It was a dumpster fire.
  15. Laalon2 Active Member

THIS ^^
  16. Phee Active Member

i was on the no guild hall train for years, but after slowly running around TLE 3 times now, the idea of no Guild Hall is dreadful.
  17. Revvix Well-Known Member

My Varsoon wishlist:
    1. Town bells allow global travel (to avoid pointless portal bots and guild halls)
    2. Leveling is slower. Not a snails pace but leveling on Kaladim was a joke. It would be nice to not out-level a new dungeon in less than an hour of grinding.
    3. A manual check/pass/customization on heroic/raid gear. Now that the item base was run through the auto-scripts, it would be nice to have someone go back and customize some loot tables by hand a bit. So we don't end up with 10 different items with the same stats and/or 95% items being completely useless. Actually have items boost different things, to force players into making meaningful choices in certain slots.
    4. Avatars. This was my personal favorite era of the game. Getting these fights well balanced and the loot designed correctly would certainly encourage many players to re-subscribe.
    5. A initial faster timeline, at least until EoF when things really start to pop-off.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

I agree with all 5 points, but at this point I don't see them ever doing manual checks on itemization.

They will run another script, cloth gear will end up with mitigation and hate gain on it. People will complain, and after an unacceptable amount of time they will eventually adjust it.
  19. Seth Well-Known Member

You honestly think Avatars will make players re subscribe more xDD hilarious. It was a fiasco, all avatars do is breed toxicity. no thanks.
    If u want avatars, opt for Arena of the Gods for scaling.

Bells would be nice.
    Leveling, U all hated it when it was the way it used to be, even the XP increase after FG.
    Personally , no one wants slower levelling, just the way it is..

Customizable raid gear etc whatever has always been something Highly classed as a " need " I've mentioned it several times over the years. They need to implement what they did in Aom , ToV etc, in regards to having a class specific " Box " Drop Which meant you could pick 1 of 4-6 options from the Box which then allowed you to spec your character into different builds.... I remember Running 3 builds back in the day, Tank, DPS & Hybrid.

Timelines are fine. Majority of them only take a day or so to complete, You wanted slower levelling but want a more trivialized timeline Oo.

So I agree with 2 of the 5 points.
  20. Kotter Legendary Member

no slower leveling plz.
    Siren likes this.