Can we ban Krono in the L&L server?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

Title says it all.

Can we have a server without the krono. If someone wants one they’re on the other severs.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Why?
    Xevran and Kotter like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

If you have to ask why then you are one that exploits them.

Ruins the entire economy. Every single time.
    Hartsmith and AOE1 like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

So you have no reason. You just don't like them. Got it.
    Melt, Xevran and Kotter like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but the only thing they really do is give people who already pooled plat a place to spend it and people who have money a way to legitimately get it.

They don't change the amount of plat available, so it would be spent on something else, still throwing off the economy in the only way you'd be able to measure.
    Xevran likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm finding it hard to articulate what's got my spidey senses tingling about this.. But I can't help thinking a free trade server sounds like a hotbed of krono related evil goings-on. The OP may have a point, sort of.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Kronos are not the problem. Plat exploits are the problem.
    splatterpunk28, Xevran and Louly like this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Moving a decade of acquired wealth from one fresh economy to the next is a problem.
    Jaden, Aethos, AOE1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jamzez Active Member

umm not gonna name the sites but you can buy plat and Krono for cheap that is a problem but it's rampant in most online games.
    Siren likes this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm all for banning krono on every server.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Autoconsuming a broker bought Krono would solve a lot of problems (and produce others) :)
  12. Dogwood Member

I say ban all new servers. We already hear how the devs have too much on their plate with the live servers, so why add more work. I say get rid of the other type of servers so they can focus on fixing all the issues on the live servers.
  13. Malahk Active Member

There's always been issues and always will be. Class balance will never be fixed. 17 years has proven that. And when you try to point out a problem you get the standard: file a bug report, post it here or there, etc. Trying to message someone directly on Discord usually ends with: that's not my area. They do have too much on their plate and they're all working remotely on and off it sounds like.

But, in response to the OP's topic. I agree. I hate Kronos and any kind of wealth transfer from other servers like Kronos that are already purchased. If the economy ran off of the plat earned from quests in this game then items on the broker would be about 10p each.
    AOE1, Pixistik and Siren like this.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

I know it won’t happen which is why I’ve killed my sub. So if it does I’ll be back. Otherwise there are games out there I can take my money too that actually try to make a fun game.
  15. Boldac Active Member

Let's see....people camping specific drops with their bot groups and selling the item for krono...

Or how about the raid gear that sells for krono....

I can go on if you'd like.

It is a problem that is older than EQ2 when certain raid guilds in EQ1 would sell items on Ebay....the krono just makes it easier.
    Siren and Pixistik like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

The Live servers are mostly grandfathered silvers who play for free. Every new server for many years now is always gold sub. They both have cash shops. What will actually happen? Do the math. ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Dogwood Member

Most non-live servers are under populated anyways. They just steal resource from the live servers. maybe if more effort is applied to the live servers more people would be willing to be paid members.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

That's the usual excuse free players give, yet they still love the game enough to play it, so clearly it's not nearly as bad as they try to make out.

Even when Sony had a huge team working on EQ2, the only thing F2P (which the devs publicly walked back as an option for Everquest Next) wound up contributing was more lag, and therefore higher overhead costs with no financial return. Free Realms, for example, had millions playing it, yet it had never even recouped its original R&D money by the time it was shut down, per Smedley.

The gold sub servers are always jamming til the exploiters/plat dupers/griefers/botters destroy the place. ;)
    Pixistik likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cite the source of this data about who plays on Live, please. I think most of us are cash subscribers, myself.
    Lateana, Finora and AOE1 like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

If most on live were subscribers and not free players, the devs wouldn't have been forced to make every new server launch for many years now (even new live servers like IoR and Rivervale) gold sub only. ;)

What you like to "think" about who is paying to play and who isn't, clearly isn't lining up with Daybreak's actual financials, sadly.

They had even publicly walked back F2P for Everquest Next long before it got canceled altogether, and Smedley admitted on these very forums here, as Free Realms shut down (with millions playing it), that it had never even recovered its original development costs. He said its platform upgrade costs alone were a total killer, never mind the servers and other overhead costs.

Sad but true.