Tradeskill Apprentices: If never used, worth messing with

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Laughing Owl, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Laughing Owl Active Member

As somebody that wasn't playing when they came out, and havent messed with them since coming back.

Is there any used on getting and using any of the tradeskill apprentices?

Main thing I can see if while they were 'current' looks like you could get ok/decent gear recipes though now at best they would be appearance items.

Is there any reward/use for them in present game to make it worth hiring the ones from Qeynos/Freeport and/or questing for the others?

Thanks
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I use mine still to get harvesting and crafting potions.
    Lateana and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Kethryl Active Member

We keep crossing our fingers hoping a Dev will make use of them again. They haven't been relevant in quite some time, other than to get tradeskill/harvesting potions.
    Rattophaxe and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Just like Siggy, I still do mine every day mostly for the potion of progress.

But as Kelthryl said, this feature is nearly all database driven. That means adding new stuff is relatively inexpensive compared to other mechanics. So it's worth hoping that there will be updates when Denmom's hair gets down to a slow smolder instead of a blazing inferno with all the stuff she's up to.

My general wishes:

1) Researched recipes should be stuff that adventurers actually want to buy.
    2) Keep them using (and giving) current tier resources.
    3) Integrate them with the current content if needed. Maybe there are three options for boosting them every day:
    -----a) Easy: click (as is)
    -----b) Medium: craft a knife, mallet, etc (as is, but go back to where we could pre-craft them and store them in the house vault)
    -----c) More time: Ask for some token from the latest xpac- for right now this would be something Renfry hands out on the TS daily.
    4) Bring back the tier-specific "Woohoo" level rewards like Reactants (which then get used in researched recipes) or small-duration research/training reducers.