Quest Feathers not appearing Renfry's

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vlkodlak, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Category: Interface
    SubCategory: Quest Journal
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Renfry's Basement
    Character: Level 125 Assassin

Summary: Quest feathers not appearing
    Description: Just noticed in Renfry's that the quest givers will give me quests if i hail them, but their feathers are not over their heads for some reason. I was able to see the weekly one in Svarni just fine before coming here.
    Lateana, Twyla and Benj like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This has been going on a while.
  3. Yenk Active Member

This isn't a disaster.

- Sometimes he has a feather
    - Sometimes he gets one after 5 seconds
    - Sometimes he doesn't get a feather at all, but gives the quest anyway

I can think of a lot of things that would be more important to fix!
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't even get why people say stuff like this. It's a bug, major or minor, it should get fixed. How the devs prioritize bug fixes is on their side of things and based on a lot of factors we as players aren't privy to.

Regardless, different devs do different things in terms of game maintenance, and if a dev has a few minutes for smaller bugfixes they should handle them as they fit.

I've worked places where different developers had assorted dependencies on other devs. For example, if Dev A is waiting for Dev B to finish their part of something so that Dev A can get going on their part of it, we don't want Dev A sitting around with their thumb creatively engaged with an orifice. Instead, usually what Dev A does is some smaller fixes while awaiting completion from Dev B.

We also had a couple of interns, whose main job was to do typos and small bugfixes. There were two reasons for this: one is that small buffixes can have a large impact on customer happiness, while the other is that you don't need such careful supervision on an intern doing small fixes.
    Xillean, Lateana and Benj like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

So, I finally had this happen for the first time in Renfry's Basement this afternoon for the first time- The only difference between today and any other time I've gone in to the basement is that the previous daily TS mission had timed out without me completing it.

I can't say positively that that was the cause of it, but it may be something to help reproduce the issue more effectively.
    Yenk likes this.
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Because we're sick of seeing things we do care about be ignored.

Like my pet peeve -- the (lack of) harvesting stats on the Svarni so-called harvesting gear. That should be trivial enough -- perhaps they could put one of your alleged interns on that.
    Yenk likes this.
  7. Twyla Well-Known Member

I noticed the tradeskill quest feather doesn't appear in Aurelian Coast anymore either.