Dakshesh the Displaced

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanto, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Why does this massive lummox insist on standing on anything I might want to loot? He gravitates to harvest nodes, shinies, dead bodies. Being such a big unit, he's so much worse for it than any merc I've had before.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

I agree. We should have appearance mercs just like we have appearance mounts. I prefer to play smaller races for the most part, and huge mercs are detrimental to my game play. It seems that mercs gravitate to where ever my mouse pointer happens to be (until he stops moving), so whether I am trying to harvest or loot or target, the merc has an annoying tendency to stop on top of that target.

On another note, since flying mobs can attack (and stun) us while we are flying, we should be able to return the favor while flying!
    Lateana, Mellody and Twyla like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

And he talks to much
  4. Riverbear Active Member

fwiw Dakshesh is running dead last as a healer merc in January testing so far.
    Santa Glug is a better merc.
    Dakshesh the Displaced has mirrored tank mercenary combat placement in every combat. I ran him 5 levels before he threw a heal of any kind.
    And yes Tanto, Dak's positioning is consistently inconvenient.
    Lateana likes this.
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

I noticed that he always attacks even if I put him in passive, a little unpleasant when you are slowed down in the middle of a race
    Other than that it does the job
  6. Malachy Well-Known Member

I've been begging for illusion wands for mercs pretty much since Bhooghar showed up and made multiple threads about it. His heals aren't that great, so use Villax instead who has a 100% faster group cure and heals about the same zonewide with dps to boot.
  7. Cisteros Active Member

Using the werewolf merc from FG and it does the exact same thing. If I want to loot or harvest I have to pan my camera around or do a stutter step to get the merc to move
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thats odd, Bhooghar has been one of the best healing mercs I have used and I have tried many.
    I wonder if there's a hidden stat rng thing going on or if it depends on your playstyle.

The celestial merc from Sanctus has been one of my worst as she does nothing for me but heal herself, after trying different settings and a few deaths, I shelved her.
    paid good money for that.. what a disappointment

The horse guy thing is a royal pita to use, his placement is wrong and he is longer than a dachshund and always getting in the way, heals seem pretty good tho, but I agree.. Santa Glug is a better merc and even he has stood there and watched me die more than once. Probably cause I am on the naughty list
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Are they still programming mercs to randomly mimic bad player behavior?
    Lateana likes this.
  10. Malachy Well-Known Member

My bad, I first badly wanted the illusion wand for Bhooghar. The post was about Dakshesh and was referring to HIS terrible heals (and also his annoying graphics).
    Pixistik likes this.
  11. Fauna Member

I agree with the Bhooghar praise. He might have been as ugly as sin, but he was the best healing merc I've ever had in terms of actually healing and rezzing. So many of them since have just stood there doing nothing while I was at half-health. Bhooghar was a strong believer in the top up heal.

I was very reluctant to give him up, but in the end the buff forced me to. That said, I don't really have any complaints about Dakshesh's healing once he's levelled and geared. But yeah, appearance mercs would be a wonderful thing, or even just a more effective Shrink Mercenary.
    AOE1 likes this.
  12. Kanv Member

This behaviour is not restricted to merc. pets also tend to stand infront
    AOE1 likes this.
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Years ago the devs changed all pets, etc. to stand in front of the player. I hated that change and it is annoying as can be. I don't know why they made the change, but perhaps some dev wanted to see all their pets.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member