Can you do something to encourage people to play?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Fulton, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Fulton Active Member

This server needs some help. There is literally nothing to do except on raid nights or contested. Only a couple heroic dungeons that are soloed by certain classes, no challenge. Pvp is non existent unless a contested is up.
    Some classes need balanced like brusier,swashy,summoners, maybe some fixes have been implemented, not sure. PvP writs still havent been moved to current xpac areas....and tbh only a couple pieces are wanted. Do something radical to promote the health of this server. I would recommend a couple balance checks on a couple classes, permanent bonus xp on everything, remove lock outs on raids(if people wanna raid TnT 5 nights a week, so be it), bring in pvp writs with pvp gear and maybe even a warfield type scenario, i know some dont like that but it gives a time and place for people to go pvp instead of roaming around in loping gettting stunned and rooted non stop because there is so much trash and it blows. The server needs some help and attention, its friday night and nothing at all to do, ima play another game simply because the server is boring, i would rather play eq2 because i love the game but what am i to do, i play a templar...so there is really nothing i can do in the game without a group, but nothing to do with a group even....its raid or nothing
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

You know..... a Handful of individuals wanted a PvP server, and when everyone was telling those individuals it would not work... those individuals would not listen.

Your asking for things that simply wont happen. All this server did, was take population away from the other servers for a simple quick and easy fix for cash.

PvP will never function in this game, with so many mechanics, so many class differences and spells and so many functions.
    Especially not with half sleeping developers.

It just won't happen.

You could recommend many different " solutions " which to be honest don't even sound like a lot of thought was put into them, but the facts remain the same.

The server was doomed to die, but people wanted a quick fix. It's probably Fake " Active " Meaning you see people at random times, and in zergs, but the facts remain the same, is 40-60-100-200 - 250 actually the definition of " populated "

But hey, Give it 2- 3 years and 1/10th of people will ask for the same thing again.

So, my advice to you, very simple. Wait a couple years and maybe 1 thing will have changed. It still won't work though, but... you might be 20% happier. or 20% less richer.
    Tkia likes this.
  3. Choot Member

Sorry you aren't enjoying it. Sometimes I wonder if I am playing on a different server. Had several city instances spawned this weekend both in Freeport and Qeynos due to crowding. Played some PVP (I got crushed multiple times solo but when I was grouped, we picked up a few kills in MM and Loping Planes). Did a few dungeons in group. Worked on some of the signiture quests, overall just had a good time.

I don't disagree that some balancing would be a good thing. I play a Swashie on occasion and the evade blame damage thing is pretty crazy right now and summoners are pretty hard to beat in the first battle, but we've had luck if we track them down right away for a second clash while some of their timers are still down.

Would also like to see more contested open epic mobs (some nights the battles in Loping planes have been truly epic, would love to see more).

My wife also plays on this server and loathes PVP but is loving the TLE aspect, as despite playing this game since beta, she never really took the time to play all the content and work on a lot of questing. She accepts that PVP may happen and has lost most of her encounters, but several times we have been able to sweep in and help her win a few. Nonetheless, she still enjoys playing on the server due to making some new friends in a guild we joined.

Look me up next time you are on. Love to group up.
    Sunlei and Siren like this.
  4. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Look Look......

""
    KanderToday at 6:53 PM

"""
    Siren likes this.
  5. Turnery New Member

What they need to do is make it like it was back in 2006 pvp server that is unlocked concerning the expansions.
  6. Fangrim Active Member

'Balancing' that people call for is what killed pvp, when it first launched and there was zero balancing, just classes performing as classes were meant to was the greatest pvp has ever been in EQ2.
    Also now the game has gone so far with stats on live that classes are just not what they were when pvp was first introduced in EQ2 which effects TLE servers immensely.
    This is why they have never in the 3 TLE's got the balance right. It's either way to hard or ridiculously easy, it will never work when they're just used as cash grabs they know people will play on them all. Let's face it, the people still playing this once great game are addicts and they will put up with any P2W BS.
  7. Nuada Active Member

--------------------------

I disagree. !!

With @ROK every PVP related stuff exist already PVP gear with toughness and lethality, ect

the devs have not much to do, to make us a balanced experience.

@ 80-95lvl range was balanced over years from soe if they change nothing it works 100%
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

That's like over 10 years ago, times change, DB is not SOE, Code is probably Gone or Lost in the Matrix & quite frankly, all the skills, items, buffs have been modified so much in the last 10X years, that PvP is just physically Not going to be of any decent quality, a class will always be unfair or imbalanced, example, let's take an overpowered class and lets put lethality and toughness on it ? >.< see my point.. And then the nerfs begin, where it either effects PvP or All servers, then X becomes more powerful, and then it goes like that, until all classes are miss shaped and miss balanced and quite frankly, not good.. but good.. make sense? It won't function the way you all expect it to... No one is hardly considered "good " at PvP on the PvP server lol.... It's just who can cast a rotation and who has better ping and the better class. 100-200 ping means you cant do anything that requires behind the target, because the target is already facing you, stuns are too short, but then you make them too long, and they become overpowered, due to certain classes.

Balancing will never be correct on this server..

Play Aion and go P2W
    Archeage and go P2W
    New world and go hit people with icy bolts and slow & stun them and kite them....
    Siren likes this.
  9. Proto12 Active Member

The only sustainable future for EQ2 pvp is in a battleground format. Ideally it would have its own scaling and stat system, with separate gear and class balance, but that's not a requirement. Change nothing now and implement this simple idea:

Make a Battleground server that is a basic copy of Tarinax. Allow any character to "zone" into it, but in practicality create a mirrored copy of that character such that only legal items can be copied over (including spells, stats, adorns etc). Make a once or twice a week event that rotates, with applicable rewards for all relevant areas of gameplay (current live currency, unique house items, unique appearance gear - this idea can be expanded on). Make diverse events (IE, capture the flag, create guide-quest type event, a treasure hunt in a specific zone, a collection/collectable writ, a pvp kill writ, etcetc). Boom, with some tweaking it'll be the most popular and most consistently participated in event in recent memory of the game.

There's just so much potential here. Maybe make the Avatars only available on this type of server (remove them from live so they can't be farmed), and make a voucher that drops for an applicable level 125 raid piece on live. Make harvesting rewards doubled during certain times of the day on this server. Reward players who get certain achievements while on the server with titles or something else that's translatable. Idk, it all would require dev effort, but it just on paper seems like it would be so easy, and it's hard to be convinced that it wouldn't be...
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

I already answered this in the other thread that you double-posted this in.

Unwitting Armchair Developer: "It just seems so easy to implement my giant to-do list!"

LOL.
  11. Proto12 Active Member

To be fair, I don't mean to be an "armchair developer," but rather just to post ideas/give my 2c. My opinion that it should be "easy" is also not out of the blue since that sort of functionality literally already existed, so...am I being unreasonable?

My list isn't a todo list, but rather some ideas to make TLE content meaningful to other players on live (in particular the people I would deem "lifers" who don't play TLE only because all of their investment/time/attention is geared toward the server all of their toons are on).

I also acknowledge it would take dev work, I just can't help but imagine that work would be "easy" (aka, doable by the current devs, or further, would not require a new hire or further development of the base coding)...

I just read your reply to the other thread. TY for the info there, and take what I said above with a grain of salt . I still agree with my proposition (that pvp will only survive in a BG format) but you bring up some very good and important points that may make that assertion impossible or untrue.
  12. krokous Member

Make this server free 2 play
  13. Stevethevirgin New Member

I mean this server sucks so its going to be pretty hard to encourage anyone to play here. It was so poorly managed by the devs they literally just hit start server put some P2W mounts in and took 6months off. I think EQ2 pvp could work but this server was a disaster inbetween all the bots, dupes and being able to buy stat mounts.

And ya class balance isn't great but I think the server being ran into the ground by devs was much more of the problem.
  14. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Servers been quiet I think the big guild logging in every single day burns people out very fast.

Would love if they started some type of lvl 50 bauble to encourage more NEW people to give the pvp server a try. No higher, lvl 50 is the point gear starts to have some blue stats and people get their core spells.

The last few days have met some 'new' people out, some friendly old school players & omg some toxic and very angry people too! I have a large collection of screen shots for game room posters :rolleyes:
  15. Efil New Member

PVP doesnt work because of the player base. Guilds like JJB hide until raid geared. Guild raid all the time on a pvp server. The player base keeps ruining the pvp servers.
  16. Efil New Member

Stop blaming the devs......Classes arent supposed to be balanced. Its a group game so roll as a group. Stop raiding bring back fame decay take away instances.
    HekkBb likes this.