Today was fun!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Incendia, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Incendia New Member

I don’t post much, but I do read the forums almost every day for years. So it’s a rare thing for me to say, but the tradeskill changes this week had me feeling like crafting back in the beginning days on EQ2.

I was able to pick up an advanced book I needed for my class. I actually went out and harvested for rares to get the stuff I needed. I made stuff, experimented on it to improve it….and literally for the first time in several expansions…I actually used the gear.

The last several expansions the gear was basically useless, or by the time you got it you already had better stuff through other means.

I could already run T1 heroics but this actually helps me get to where I should of been from the beginning.

Can you all do this again next expansion, but from day 1? It makes the game play so much better and progression feel much smoother.

Anyways, thanks for a great time today. It was fun!
    Jaden, Doobius40504, Denmum and 4 others like this.
  2. Netherfury Member

I have to agree with you, done the weekly, got my 125 book, and spent the night gathering so i could make my paladin his new spells, actually felt fun and that i achieved something, should be like this from a launch
    only thing i will say is the dailies TS feel so underwhelming, ive never got more than a potion or basic housing item
    i wish they would add previous items like Mount, Spell, merc reduction, or familar exp potion as a reward
    as it is, i will just skip dailies from now on, due to bad rewards
  3. Denmum Developer

I'm glad you had fun! I wish I could promise the same sort of thing from Day 1, and I apologize for making this thread take a tangential turn, but it is a good spot to explain a bit.

I'm not the itemization person, and as such, I can only pass on what I've been told. I won't be arguing about any of the below because I'm just the messenger, and there's only so much go-between I can do between the rest of the devs and the community and still actually, well, get anything done that I need to be doing for my job. :D Since I always feel better when I know a bit of the "why" of a decision, I am passing the same courtesy on to the community when I have the time/energy to do so, and it is something that I can share.

The balance between crafted item stats and how they interact with expansion progression as a whole is a very tricky balancing and numbers act, and it is also a very, very thankless job. To massively distill and paraphrase what I've been told, if we want items that are actually useful in the overall game progression, we have to accept that we're going to start very slowly in terms of obtaining the recipes and such.

I know there's a ton of pushback in the crafting community because we want All the Things and we want them NOW. (Trust me, with my personal crafting army I feel this too!) We complained many times in the past that we wanted mastercrafted to be relevant again, not "just" the spells and if we got all of the gear too quickly, it'd break the planned progression for the whole expansion. (Allowing folks to just skip the sigline and the overland questing from day 1, bypassing a ton of content, etc.)

There is no one good solution and things are balanced, rebalanced, shifted and changed a lot. (And I'm heartily glad I'm not the one who has to do all that balancing! :p)
    Lateana, Jaden, Jinksie and 5 others like this.
  4. Netherfury Member

Please dont ever apologise, you have done so much for the TS community, yes we still moan sometimes, but that would happen in any game, keep up the fab work
    Breanna likes this.