Itemization Feedback for Skyshrine / PoW Update To TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by oakmiser, Jan 10, 2022.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Advanced Adornments Volume 10 - Should drop from Skyshrine & Withered Lands mobs. We've been transmuting level 90 items for this tier of materials since Sentinel's Fate when it came out on February 9th 2021, almost a full year ago. All of the adornments will work on the items we get from AoD content as they require level 90 items.

Solo- 8.8
    Quested Withered Lands:
    Sharpened Dracurian Talon
    Strong Dracurian Sling
    Calcified Dracurian Femur
    Dracurian Brooch

Advanced Solo- 9.4
    Virtuous Gauntlets of Draconic Recognition

Virtuous Helmet of Draconic Recognition

Heroic- 9.6
    Covenant District
    Exp Loot Table: Organic Bow of the Scaleborn
    Elements of War(Challenge)
    Exp Loot Table: Imbued Spear of Expurgation

Quartermaster Zrek - Faction Merchant Located in the Peaceful Past version of Dracur at Skyshrine: The Forbidden City of Dracur--- Tozzkalem, the Grand Emporium in the Covenant District ( 46, 0, -297 )

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/category_items/901

Thats gear that requires you to grind 50k faction with Claws of Veehsan which is 100% all heroic content AND also each costs 1 Dozekar head each. 1 Drops each run through Underdepths Heroic.

Challenge Heroic, Crafted Draconic Parts, contested x2 named - 10
    Covenant District (Challenge)
    Exp Loot Table: Debt Collector's Mace of Insolvency

Elements of War(Challenge)
    Exp Loot Table: Feinting Dagger of the Cunning Gambit
    Crafted Heroic Draconic Parts- The results of all of these items.

Honvar x2 in Withered Lands
    Exp Loot Table: Turning Tide Cloth Pantaloons

Kodrach Ironclaws x2 in Withered Lands
    Exp Loot Table: Turning Tide Chain Vambraces

Vhodeka x2 in SkyshrineExp Loot Table: Embargo Enforcer

Raid x4 instances & contested x4 named- 10.4
    Hexapola x4 is Contested in Withered Lands
    Exp Loot Table: Turning Tide Chain Chestguard

Kildrukaun x4 is Contested in Skyshrine
    Exp Loot Table:Splendid Cloak of Surplus

Crafted Raid Draconic Parts- The results of all of these items.

Challenge Raid Named-10.8
    Dagarn Challenge Activated Loot Table
    Ikatiar Callenge Activated Loot Table
    Dozekar Challenge Activated Loot Table
    Vyskudra the Ancient Loot Table

Mythicals, and PoW- 11.2

Mythical Cloaks- +1 base tier
    \aITEM -1346858863 1258825696:Artifact Cloak of War\/a

Quested Drunder Cloaks Got Missed with the 2 yellow slot change, they require clearing all 3 drunder zones to obtain.

Campaigner's Drape of Victory
    Cloak of Woven Brilliance
    War Minister's Cloak of Glory
    Silver-threaded Tactician's Drape - Flurry or abmod instead of DPS.

These charms are rewarded for doing the signature timeline requiring you to run all of Drunder plus Elements of War heroic, they deserve double yellow slots and heroic skyshrine stats, as they arent obtainable until Elements of War heroic is released with the AoD content update.

Deepwater Mark of Duty
    Deepwater Researcher's Sigil
    Emblazoned Deepwater Charm
    Rune of the Deepwater Scouts

These have proper slots for progression, they only need a boost up to Plane of War level stats as it requires a clear of Plane of War.

Solidified Blood of Rallos Zek
    Coalesced Planar Essence
    Pure Prayers of War
    Focused Will of the Warlord

Soloable Collections Withered Lands that reward gear, advanced solo level stats as they took a good deal of effort to obtain.

https://u.eq2wire.com/collection/detail/3797517490
    https://u.eq2wire.com/collection/detail/131472918

Heroic Quest Rewards Were Iconically Game Changers For Gearing Up - 9.6 or to set them apart 9.8 base tier.
    Azure Hammer of the Dracurians
    Radiant Dracurian Heart Piercer
    Radiant Sculpted Mace of the Dracurians
    Radiant Dracurian Axe
    Dagger of the Dragonkin Generals

Dracurion Scaleborn Satchel of Reverence
    Dracurion Defender's Bow of Aegis
    Dracurion Veeshan Relic of Ideology
    Dracurion Prayer Book of Esteem
    Dracurion Recon Bow of Shadow

The following are quest reward items that iconically were treasured and beloved by all. They require a ton of running around and deserve heroic level stats. 9.6 stat suggestion

Commander Vyrin's Stein of Gratitude
    Commander Vyrin's Idol of Appreciation
    Commander Vyrin's Aged Wine of Thanks
    Commander Vyrin's Gem of Obligation

Chrono-Bound Plate Shoulders Chrono-Bound Leather Shoulders Chrono-Bound Chain Spaulders Chrono-Bound Steel Spaulders Chrono-Bound Chain Shoulders Chrono-Bound Leather Spaulders Chrono-Bound Cloth Shoulders
    Stringed Bow of Theories
    Relative Longbow of Continuum
    Stitched Satchel of Particle Acceleration
    Censer of Decelerated Particles
    Tablet of Time Flow Theories

Chrono-Bound Plate Sabatons
    Chrono-Bound Leather Sandals
    Chrono-Bound Chain Boots
    Chrono-Bound Plate Boots
    Chrono-Bound Chain Sabatons
    Chrono-Bound Leather Boots
    Chrono-Bound Cloth Boots

For TLE these zones should get repurposed in code to be AoD Midcontent, based on their release before Chains of Eternity, the level required to equip all the drops and the mob levels.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-51391

Sleeper's Tomb: A Temporal Leap (Raid)
    Sleeper's Tomb: The Awakening (Heroic)
    Xlax likes this.
  2. Uguv Member

nice writeup. I do hope we can do something with all these level 90 transmutes. it's quite frustrating that we can never use current tier transmutes for our adornments (and that we can't craft max level spells/cas)
    oakmiser likes this.
  3. Xlax New Member

Excellent writeup! I completely agree!!!
  4. Daltharr Active Member

Im sry, I really hate to be that guy. - Some would go as far as to say im obsessed, and there might be something to it. But I honestly think its irrelevant, and I can garantee my motivation is driven by love to TLEs and the pain caused by 6 months of playing the same half of an expansion.
    "Wait what?? 6months on ½ and expack?? - We had multible updates. Are you high?" I will invoke my right to no incriminate myself here, .- and I will even ad that anyone who claims that Skyshrine was released during AoD is correct. So why bother?

The kicker is this . AoD was contentless, Skyshrine is NOT a part of AoD -
    AoD had no traditional zones(not counting dungeonmaker as content or zones, Frostfell as its an annual event, nor the Freeport revamp), no quests(other than the ones for BLs) and no loot was added(rewards from dungeonmaker isnt counted here).
    It wasnt an expansion as were used to, but rather it was a featurepack where we got BLs, dungeonmaker, tradeskillapprentices, reforging, mercenaries and 20AAs.
    But really, what we call the release itself is not the focus here. What matters is the releasedates and what the various GUs brought with them, what matters is what we recieved from them and most importantly how (in)accurate labels decide the contentrelease on future TLEs. - I believe AoD and the understanding of how its seperate from the gamecontent is the most important element in getting past DoV, the expak that have killed more than one TLE server. I would be doing myself and the entire community a disservice if i ignored it and decided to stay silent

DoV was the active expansion for 1.5 year, and AoD was released in the same period.
    AoD had updates in that period. There was GUs where both packs had this or that added, and theres overlapping elements in the overall progression of the game. - Anyone who claim that Skyshrine was released during AoD is 100 % correct (?!)
    So why not stop here? -
    Because once the devs and community comes to terms with the seperation then we have a future for coming TLEs. The dates for content release is decided by this

One of the most important things from AoD that are stil in game is the apprentices(BLs arguably as important) and the AAs - mercs are nice, but theyre not key. Reforging and dungeon maker is out all together. - These elements could be added at any given time, during any expansion. Theyre not tied to any content and only regular gamebalance is affected by them.
    They do not qualify as a release we could enjoy for 4 months, theyre merely the spice that can lift the meal from plain, average to 3star michelin. And we have to insist that it is so. - We would be able to discus the individual AoD features and when they could be added without increasing the workload on the devs significantly.
    And we would be able to concentrate and refine DoV and perhaps correct some of the blunders were bound to repeat unless we undergo a paradigmeshif in the community. - The shift towards re-connection of GUs is a must.
    Skyshrine is the midcontent we so badly need for DoV.
    Withered Lands is basically just a very long accesquest for Skyshrine, and none of it can carry itself. The Devs alrdy knows this, and we will not get any midcontent for Skyshrine.. Why is that?? because Skyshrine IS the midcontent.

It is possible to be both right and wrong at same time, and its excactly what we see in the community when the talk falls on Skyshrine and AoD.
    Plz look at the changelogs, look at the various GUs (gu59-gu63 - gu61 and 62 being the important ones) if in doubt.
    We will be able to mix and match features and dates once we come to the realization that we(in theory) could get apprentices during SF, AAs at launch of DoV, and the 20 prestige points that come with lvl 91-92 could be added during Skyshrine. We could throw drunder into relase day1 one, we could get apprentices that makes sense.

But were doomed to repeat our demise unless we change perception across the board
  5. Proto12 Active Member

Heck, I'm a wildcard here in that I want to throw out the whole TLE cycle all together, and make Kael a constantly evolving form of TLE for EQ2. The TLE cycle is slowly bleeding players, and there's no way to amend that without some new ideas or game maintenance.

Almost all of the players coming back to the game do so because of the mechanics. At this point, only 15-20% for the lore and nostalgia. If they actually maintained it in it's TLE form such that we all could further enjoy playing it for the sake of playing, then that type of server could last forever. If they could make the refined balance changes at each of the various tiers and provide veteran players with raiding challenges with rulesets and mechanics from the respective time period of the game, well heck, you'd have everyone that still has the game installed on their computer at least checking it out.