Not A Bug Cleric Reactive Heals Don't Show in Maintained Spells

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by oakmiser, Dec 13, 2021.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Cleric Reactive Heals Don't Show in Maintained Spells window. Both cleric subclasses and both single target and group reactive.

All zones, locations, etc. The spell works in ACT but isn't reporting in maintained spells at all.
    Kari, Twyla, EmJay and 4 others like this.
  2. Tarta New Member

Please take a look at this asap.. As you can imagine, there's no way for us to know if we need to refresh a reactive or not.
  3. Sepulchrum Member

I agree, this is messing with me pretty badly.
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

This was complained about on beta, guessing it was related to their way of fixing group reactive dropping early. No response was given to the comment in the beta forum, or any explanations for why they changed single target reactive that were not affected by the dropping early bug.
    I would still love to see it go back to where we can track em, even if for the group one we are only seeing our own personal triggers of the reactive.
  5. Caith Developer

A maintained spell is removed entirely when any target of the spell satisfies the trigger limit. So making reactive heals a maintained spell again would require changing them back to not having individual trigger limits on each target.
  6. Filet New Member

While I don't like it, that at least makes sense. However, it doesn't address why Some of the single target reactives were also changed. They only have 1 target. There shouldn't be any conflict?
    Tarta likes this.
  7. Tarta New Member

I urge you to reconsider the single-target reactives. They don't fit the description of the multiple-target issue and really impact gameplay for us. Are we to guess when we need to re-apply them when all other healer's arch-type heals are clearly tracked by the maintained window? I can completely understand the issue with multi-target reactives, but please fix the single-targets.

If this is not possible, why not change multi-target reactives back to how they operated before? Were they considered overpowered somehow? They were like that for 15+ years.
    Smashey likes this.
  8. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Then theoretically you could have this work on the single target one because it has a trigger limit on a single target. As well as you could make the group reactive actually cast a short .1 duration spell that when it expires it then becomes a single target reactive on each target.

Not knowing either the timer or the trigger count on either of these I'd wildly inefficient as a cleric. Is there anything else you could do for us to give us the ability to monitor it? Otherwise this damage to our Bility to keep debuffs on, other groups, rezing, and strats.
  9. Uguv Member

I agree - the single target reactive didn't change, aside from not firing when there's too little to heal. You could also have the group reactive instantly convert to 6 individual maintained spells - one per group member.
  10. Tarta New Member

Is there some way to cancel the reactive without it being in the maintained window? Last night I wanted to cancel the reactive on the tank before he charged into a huge room with several encounters. Nope, I died instead.
  11. Mucusmuncher New Member

Most of these problems would never happen if they allowed us to write REAL addons
  12. Uguv Member

Sounds like tank fail. I haven't worried about pre-casting reactives since tanks were trying body-pull in original KoS.
  13. Tarta New Member

Funny! Yes, I was in SoS at the time. We were training to a named in the next room.