What are the limitations and perks of Public Test?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Lateana, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I just brought up a few characters on Test that had been neglected for several years. I found they each had a bauble for leveling up to 120 in crafting, but the baubles don't work. Also, I cannot train my mounts. I am Plat poor, so I cannot check my mercs to see if I can train them. Although I used loyalty tokens to buy a plat bag, I cannot open it.

Currently all my characters are 110 in both adventure and crafting and have made progress in the PoP quest lines.

BTW: This is a lifetime account.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

That's all odd.
    I have characters on test and have no issues training mercs & mounts (and familiars). I haven't tried to use that bauble, so couldn't say about that. Now, I have not tried to do either in several days, so it could be a bug was introduced that is affecting it.
    OR there is a bug with paying DBC to train that I've never run into because I just never do that.

Pros are getting content first, bonus xp all the time, sometimes in the course of testing you get access to things are drastically reduced prices, getting a bauble sometimes to speed leveling.

Cons are getting content first, complete with all the bugs you help squash and the extremely low population and all that comes with such a small community.

**editing to say I have a lifetime account & regular subbed accounts & neither has any issues that I've seen. Logging in now to see if something is buggy.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lateana like this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I updated DarqUI and created a separate shortcut for it and now I can train my mount and open the plat bag, but the token is still unusable.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  4. Playz4fun Active Member

I was on Test yesterday and received a 120 TS bauble that I was able to use on my toons, which ranged in level. I did not see a 120 adventure bauble, but DenMum was on and suggested I send feedback, which I did. This will let the team get a "reminder" when folks get back to work so they can look into this.

I would suggest you do the same, specifically addressing this issue, with the names of your toons on Test.

I am confident a fix will be in place soon. Have fun!
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I think I know what is going on. All my characters must have previously used a bauble at some point. When I reset my trade skill to level 9 I was able to scribe the bauble and move up to 120. This is an odd work-around but it does work.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Denmum Developer

Yes, the TS boost won't boost you a second time if you already boosted to 110. Resetting back to TS level 9 via a tradeskill career counselor is definitely a good option if you don't already have your advanced recipe books, since those would get wiped by the reset.

As far as the adventuring side, it should have had a 120 bauble to replace the old 110 bauble, but something has gone awry. I've forwarded the information on in hopes that it can be fixed for Test soon.