Suggestion for Vetrovia Weekies/Dailies

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Frostii, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Frostii Member

I would like for any previous harvests to automatically count toward the next daily/weekly quest as soon as you grab the quest based on what you have in your inventory. We already spent the time harvesting the items if we needed them or not. This would cut down on the competition of players running around like meth addicts grabbing everything in sight.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They've already said this is this way deliberately and won't be changed.

Personally I like the viciousness of the general population when it comes to the harvesting in FG, as it shows that the idea that the raiders are the part of the community who run roughshod over everybody they encounter is nonsense, as the crafters are just as selfish and would throw their own grandmother under a bus to get to a cocooned critter.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's been incredible to me that folks that present themselves as "nice" towards the community think nothing of running at a node that "is being harvested and you can't miss the animation" from a lowbie and still grab it.
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Netherfury Member

completely agree that would help, but what frustrates me, is the vov daily gives pathetic rewards, basic potion? yet luclin can give merc, mount, research and familiar potions
    why is a 2 in the past expansion giving better rewards than the current one
    dont get me wrong i loved the tl quest but the rewards for daily and weekly are pathetic and not thought through
  5. isest Active Member

my only problem is were all in the zone, were all trying to get resources and were all running over each other trying to get to the node. Not well thought out. I always have extras in my bag its too bad the decision was made that we don't get to count those. I go to where I don't run the daily just the weekly. The daily rewards are a joke
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think this "running over each other" business is because too many people try to do all their harvesting in Little Town, rather than traveling deeper into Gist. If you go all the way in and work your way back to the front, it's easier to get your harvests and you have fewer people competing for nodes.
    Xillean and Kethryl like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that lag and graphics settings may be the culprit, not the player. It's quite possible to not see a player who has some lag because the game doesn't know exactly where they are, then it locates them, and bam! They're on top of your node. And the lagging toon didn't even see you: to them, it looked like they ran up to an unoccupied node in orderly fashion.

Which is not to say that there aren't some rude players, there are. But not all of them are doing it on purpose.
    Xillean likes this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i would love for this to be a thing too, since i personally despise harvesting. i find it tedious and extremely boring. however, as hard as i pushed for it in another thread, denmum has responded that they would prefer people to exhaustively spend their time doing monotonous things (my words, not hers, but means the same anyway) and overruled this suggestion. so it's not going to happen.
    Quillyne and Lateana like this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I get the lag point. This is purposeful run up and grab nodes.
    And agreed on it's not all players.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Whenever I am harvesting the Big Town is just as full as the Little Town :(
  11. Kethryl Active Member

I try to look on the bright side.. Be thankful you're on a server with a high population?
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Frostii Member

Thankfully the weekly rewards give the recipe books now, so I won't be doing these at all once all 9 of my crafters the recipes. A pity since I like decorating, but not gonna torment myself trying to complete a chess set.