Are servers down for maintenance 10am EST 12-28?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Are servers down for maintenance 10am EST 12-28? Tarinax just went down.

I don't see anything posted in Announcements, but maybe Accendo is on Christmas vacation?

Yep, Kaladim, Rivervale, IoR all show red and LOCKED, and my Skyfire, AB, Maj'Dul and HoF characters are missing completely from the character list.

This means all servers are currently down for maintenance. Maybe Test is still up. Let me check.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yep just a restart
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

I would have hoped that if the servers were coming down they might have said something. Surely they have at least one person manning the shop - or womanning the shop. Or they could have mentioned it before they all left.

Granted it is not a big issue since most of us know that they usually have maintenance now but it still would have been nice since some of us also assumed that if they were skipping the weekly announcement maybe that meant they were also skipping the downtime for one week.
    Geroblue, Siren and Lateana like this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

I have to say this is a fail that Darkpaw just can't seem to get away from. I was on before the downtime so I saw an in game announcement. But this is a symptom of a deeper problem. DPG dsoesn't seem to prioritize letting its customer base know what is going on. I know it's the holidays and people are away, but clearly someone is there or the servers wouldn't be coming down. Even a simple post prior to gonig away for the holidays would have worked. something like 'Hey folks, I'm out next week but wanted you all to know that the regular system downtime will still occur on 28 Dec at 7AM PST. Happy Holidays!' is not a big ask.
    Tkia, Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Test even went down for a reboot, right after I got settled in. ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

to be fair its known tuesday is downtime day and has been for a long long time
    Xillean, Hartsmith, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I agree it's not a surprise. My point is jsut these are very easy things they can do for community engagement, and can't be bothered to do it. That means it isn't important to them. I'm not a 'sky is falling' type of guy. And this certanily didn't impact my day at all. I was on prior to the reset, because I wanted to trade out my OS quests before the expected downtime. It's just an observation of an area they could easily improve if they wanted to.
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

First thing I noticed when I opened up the forum page just now was the retweet from Accendo about being gone for four days while they spend time with family for Christmas (back this morning). Was the announcement delegated to somebody and that person forgot, or maybe was unable to? Maybe. Does it really matter given that it has always been taken down on Tuesday morning for maintenance? Not really. You were able to find out by posting here.
    Is it annoying? DEFINITELY! But I am going to be annoyed every time the game is down on days I have the energy to play and am up to play at that hour whether or not there was an announcement about down time simply because it doesn't coincide with my energy level, LOL.
    Life happens. Whatever the reason for the failure to post a notice here about the downtime, I am assuming the game is back up and all is well in the world again, right?

Hope everyone was able to have a very Merry Frostfell.
    Priority likes this.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

I don't get annoyed - much - over Daybreak failures to communicate. I am used to it - they were one of the worst in the MMO business for many years. The only reason I even suggested that they should do better is because they *have* gotten better in many ways. So I no longer view them as entirely hopeless. Thus, my halfhearted criticism was really a compliment - years ago I would have shrugged it off as Daybreak being Daybreak.
    Hartsmith likes this.