Advanced Vetrovian Jeweler's Volume

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Darkzero, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Darkzero Member

Hello i am 125 jewler, i have finish the timeline https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Visions_of_Vetrovia_Crafting_Timeline

I have just resumed the game after 12 years of stopping, I cannot find how to have the advanced recipes in order to make my spells in mastercrafted
    I'm looking for books advanced 115 to 125 ... before I found them at the seller but now it's complicated

to the brooker ... since my stop inflation has gone through my wealth and become poverty.

Thank you for your help
  2. Darkzero Member

edit: if you know where to find the advanced recipes level 115 to 125 I also take
  3. Bramdar Active Member

For levels 115-120, you can find the books on the broker. They just have different names, like "Shadow Alchemist," or "Empyral Armorer/Tailor/Weaponsmith," or "Shadowscream." You can also get them sometimes from Overseer tasks, or by converting overseer agents and then buying the books from the overseer merchant in Freeport or Qeynos, but that can take a long time.

For levels 121-125, the advanced books can be rewarded from the Visions of Vetrovia daily/weekly tasks. It's still early, so we're figuring out how frequently they drop. Most of the advanced recipe books I've seen so far can be traded, so you will find more on the broker over time. Right now they're very expensive because the expansion just launched.
  4. Darkzero Member

do you know where i can find the npc that sells the items against the token vets acquired by doing the weekly tradeskill quests ?
  5. TanekDK New Member

I haven't found one yet, if it exists. Neither merchant in Renfry's Basement seem to have anything of the like. Plus the "Advanced Vetrovian" (121-125) books on the broker are insanely priced at the moment, and seem to be permanently sold out of Jeweler books anyway.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of the scholar recipe books are scarce because everyone needs Expert spells right now. It will get better. Meanwhile, ask in Crafting channel if you need stuff made.
  7. o0lonewolf0o New Member

I'm curious about the Advanced Vetrovian Carpenter's volumes. I have completed the VoV tradeskill sig line and am now doing the daily/weekly missions in Renfry's basement. All I get apart from the currency is the Vetrovia Crafting Crate...what is that? It doesn't show up in my inventory. How does it work? I'm yet to receive any of Vetrovian Carpenter's Volumes, how to I get those?
  8. Daelini Active Member

That crafting reward box opens up to give you some house junk, a transmutation stone, a otion of progress, or if you are super lucky an advanced book.

The only way to get the book is to get lucky and get them to drop because they don't want you progressing to fast. It is absurdity at its height.

They are worried people will stop running the stuff when they get what they need. If they had come up with a coin and a vendor with decent items to save up to buy, this would be a moot point but we have no imagination so they dumped them in a crate with a low drop rate and said good luck.
  9. o0lonewolf0o New Member

Thanks. I realize Advanced books are hard to come by, but this is the wrong way about it imo. Just sell them through a merchant. I'm not going to waste almost 10,000,000 plat from the broker to get one.
    Dambae Shadowfury and Dogwood like this.
  10. Dogwood Member

Yep, as long as you have done the Crafting Timeline you should be able to buy them from a merchant. Let the market set the price if people choose to sell the products from the recipes.
    Dambae Shadowfury likes this.
  11. Zartil Active Member

The Locking TS recipes behind the RNG is wrong. Denmum I know you said we as a gamer only see a SMALL window of the overall RNG.. FINE but that does not change the fact that we do the daily for JUNK rewards and weeklies for a very small chance of anything useful. Our crafting recipes SHOULD be unlocked doing the TS SIG line THEN we should be able to buy the books from a vendor. The way it is now someone could go for weeks to months and NEVER get a book they can use. This is totally wrong.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

I miss the days of killing mobs and having chest drops.
    Daryx, Cisteros, Laaw and 4 others like this.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

And if it is spells 121 - 125 you better have mega-plat to spend to do so.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nah. If you provide your own rares and tip, it's not that expensive. Where things get pricey is if you buy them on the broker.

I'm trying to recoup the costs of my time harvesting or the cash I laid out for rares on the spells I stick on the broker, plus the uncertainty and time of how long they'll be on the broker before being bought or even if someone will buy them at all. But if I agree to commission them for you, and you provide the rares, then I'll take what you tip. If you are cheapo on the tip, I just won't craft for you again.
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I never buy rares off the broker and I never put rares on the broker of any level. I am a crafter. I don't know what server y our playing on but I know some who have paid out millions to get 5 levels of experts made. Not everyone has that kind of plat and it is totally uncalled for. This is a result of this 'slow them down' bs.
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

This, even if i did pay 1-2M/spell just to get them researching.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

OK, so what do you consider "cheapo"? Or reasonable, for that matter? Because the main reason I don't "just ask in the crafting channel", is I don't know what people expect. So how about a hint?
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm on Maj'Dul. I agree that there are fools who will pay millions out there. DO NOT BUY THE SPELLS ON THE BROKER. If a crafter wants to charge a Krono to make the spells, look for another crafter. This isn't that hard. It's on the buyer to shop around (that old CAVEAT EMPTOR thing.)

The biggest problem, really, is that it's tough to find a scholar who has all five of their advanced books. I am missing one book on my Sage, also missing one on my Jeweler, and my Alchemist is missing three books.

I traded recipe books to get some of mine, I paid through the nose to get other recipe books. I won't provide rares, but if you have your rares and you plan to tip, I will make what spells I can make. And I'm not the only crafter out there who will do that.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

To figure a tip? How many spells are you having made? You need to cover the fuel costs, and on the lowball end double the fuel cost for a tip. The more generous you are, the more likely your crafter will work for you again.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

I really don't care much about the amount of the tip. I have been given extremely large tips for simple things, and almost none for lengthy ones. It evens out.

Also a note on broker prices. I have been known to throw something on the broker for high prices just to see where the market is at. Sometimes I put things at what I think is a crazy price and it sells within the hour. If something doesnt sell, I adjust down periodically until it sells. I'm always willing to listen to offers. But while I prefer to earn and make my own things (making plat largely irrelevant fo me) I always like to have the option to go out and buy something I may really need.
    Doobius40504 likes this.