Why raise your perentage to get a rare

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Beetfeets, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Beetfeets New Member

have worked very hard to get pieces that increase the chance to get a rare when harvesting and not only do so on my main but all of my alts. with the recent changes to harvesting your chance to get a rare at 92.3 % is not far from 4% maybe less. What use is there in switching into gear that is more or less now non-functional but adds the greater chance of being killed with no real benefit. Why with such a low chance to get a rare would anyone now spend the time to go back and do any of the quests to raise rare harvest percentage. Is it possible it was not meant to be this drastic or was it just short sighted. I have about 18 or so toon, most of which when I run them up. I run them thru the old content to get these pieces and do not mind doing so because the result in the past was a benefit. As it is now, why would I and others bother doing so now. I think this might be something that needs fixed or re-thought..
    Lateana and Mizery like this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the change is intended. No why was given. Just some dev some where wanted it that way and here we are. Pretty terrible change for all those folks that spent the time on getting that stuff.
    AOE1 and Lateana like this.
  3. Beetfeets New Member

I understand it was done.and working as intended I was trying to give a way to save face and I just they did not look at the reprecussions .There are a lot of time spent doing the old content. and a lot revisit the old content to get the stuff for their alt. Now there is no reason to do any of that line of quests, or use that gear.
    AOE1, Lateana, Mizery and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I get the impression the devs these days only really care about the current xpac and whatever is current on TLE. You're not "supposed to" play old content, and you're certainly not intended to benefit from it.
    Very sad indeed.
    AOE1, Breanna, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

However, if you are playing past content, at level, then the stuff is useful.
  6. Zartil Active Member

No it is not as the game uses the CURRENT harvesting rules. With Denmum joining the team I HOPE they will address some of these issues. The Dev team does not understand TS/Harvesting and some have stated they wish it had never been in the game. The Dev team are mostly interested in the end game raiding.. something that is slowly killing the game as there are a LOT of us non raiders that support the game as well.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Why is it always Raiders vs. X? Some of you act like raiders dont do every other bit of content, too.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Add this to the "it is intended that getting "useful advanced recipe books" is an ultra rare event because according to what I read, it is to slow us down. With the inflation through the roof now, that is the consequence of this stupid decision. Those with a rare book make items and put them on the broker at multi-million plat and the books sell for the same multi-million plat. The rich get richer and the poor struggle. Is that the "as intended" they wanted? We actually spend real life dollars, years and work our tails off to get our crafters leveled only to have this xpac and the devs deciding they need to 'slow us down'. Forum rules won't allow me to say what I would like to regarding this decision.
    Lateana and Dambae Shadowfury like this.