OFFICIAL SSHHS 2021 Sign-ups

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Misstake, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Misstake Well-Known Member

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone that wants to join in... if you have failed to finish a home in previous years by not letting us know RL commitments make sure to check with us if you are still eligible to participate please.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So, stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

WHAT: Annual Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 20201

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until 11/20/2021. (That’s 7 full days!)
    (DO NOT DELAY -- SHORTER SIGN UP TIME THIS YEAR)

• EMAIL: eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    • Character Info:
    • Server:
    • Theme of House:
    • Where the House is:
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 21st, 2020. Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 21st, 2020 to JANUARY 16th, 2022.

(Heed the new dates for this year!!)
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday with A Tree in Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!
    WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real-world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS: Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required.

Remember there are only 56 days to decorate!

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant ARCHERIA (ON ANTONIA BAYLE ONLY) & DEVILKISS (ON ALL SERVERS) trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2021 VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2021. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2021 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL:You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP: No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com with list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.

CERTAINLY let us know if you sign up and a real-world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 20th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 16th 2022!

Thank you for helping spread some Norrathian good cheer!

Archeria and Devilkiss
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes! Probably Thurgadin. You in Uwk??
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Aelissa Well-Known Member

:)
    emailing to participate
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sure; just lemme find someone on Thurg who hasn't gotten a house yet... :D

I'll get back to you, Misst. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Quiarrah like this.
  5. Iskatawna Active Member

Done! <3 on AB
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Done! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Hoaxes New Member

Also'd >^_^<
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Misstake Well-Known Member

Today is the last day to get signups in!!! Assignments will start going out probably around 9 pm PST tonight.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Aelissa Well-Known Member

End reminder: JANUARY 16th 2021 (FFends Jan 4th)
    bumping b/c i keep forgetting!
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

2021???? Think you mean 2022. . . dont you??
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 20th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 16th 2021!

Think you need to change the year. I do NOT want a re-do of 2021!!!
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOL. . . ummm . .. you need a spell/DATE checker REALLY BAD! *Mayhaps you should re-read that again. . . and every year*
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's okay, Q; it'll be all right... :D

Uwk
  15. Misstake Well-Known Member

I am sorry. I am pretty sure though everyone knew what I meant.
  16. Misstake Well-Known Member

Please know we have 8 days left to decorate. If you need help get ahold of me and I can see what I can do. If you have finished please let me know so I can mark you off on the sheet. Thank you and cannot wait for reveal =D
    Aelissa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Bump

Are we able to publish yet?
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Is it 2021 yet? :rolleyes:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Lol . . . 2024 actually!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  20. Aeval New Member

DK I tried to send you mail on Skyfire but your mailbox is full lol....wanted to let you know my house is done and ready for the owner to see, I am Gingerrsnap on Skyfire. :)