How are you doing in Frostfell ?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I found a few thingies. Got some of the new recipes from a vendor.

I have a few characters to help with the decorations for the goblin party to get their crafting levels up.

So, what are you doing ? Or what are you up to ?

Oh, and where is the Ratonga Tree top plushie for sale ? Not on Gibbi ( sp ? ) in the Frostfell Village.

Thanks.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I am running thru quests as well!

Cloudrat's Grace (aka the Ratonga Tree Topper) should be on the vendor. Search for "tree"
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

On the vendor with the recipes, next to the banker. Not down on the lower island vendor.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Kassamai Member

I was having trouble with frost fell quest that scale to your level in x zones since I'm 125, I don't think it's been activated as in gigglegibbers work is never done. I had to mentor down to get the quests.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I checked with the islands vendor. Thanks !
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One of my characters so far has gotten the plushie from Santa Glug.
  8. Tindrial Member

Same thing here, except, at 118. that quest sent me to an area I've never been and which needed an access quest. So...I've been spending the last few days doing sig lines and finally just got into the area that I need only to find out I need to finish that sig line to be able to fly in order to get to most of the mobs I need. Without the quest there is 1 mob that I can get to if I'm lucky.

Seems like that quest is purely based on character level and doesn't take into account anything else.

Other than that, the fights at 118 were a pain in the butt, just a major slog since it takes like 5 minutes to kill a single mob in the gear I had. I have one more quest like this where I now have the 120 eq from VoV, I'm hoping that helps.

So far, though, the tradeskill line has been enjoyable, the rest, not so much.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Ah! I'll have to add a level 125 version of the quest for each city. I've added this to my list for next year.

You're right that the solution for now is to mentor down and obtain the lower level versions of the quest.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That's... not ideal. You're right, the quest giver does not take into account if you have gained access to the zone yet. There are 6 different level 115 versions of this quest (one per player city). They can send you to "Doomfire, the Burning Lands", "The Blinding", or "Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind".

In order to get back to enjoying Frostfell and all it has to offer, I would suggest you mentor down and obtain a lower level version of the quest.

I hope that helps!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Tindrial Member

I had a good chuckle. The three areas it could have picked from and it sent me to the only one I hadn't been too. That's pretty funny. Haha, just my luck.

At 118 I just finished planes of magic and had started the great library section.

Honestly never thought of chronomentoring...I think I've only ever used it twice, I forget all about it.

Oh and the 120 gear from VoV does help with the fights. Makes them way more manageable.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I always mentor down for holiday quests , makes it a lot faster and easier and a lot of my toons are notoriously bad geared .
    And make sure your not wearing your crafting gear ( been there done that )
    Lateana, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Smart; there's still some "level 100/110" and "LEVEL 100/110!!!" critters at 100 and 110, respectively, where even with the provided gear from the Crates, you're not gonna make a dent in things that scale to your level; very aggravating. I've finally gotten into the habit of scaling down to like 95/105 for such things, and they're no match for my 100/110 Crate gear. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Geroblue and Schmetterling like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Chikkin, I have like 5 extra ones to trade on Test for the sake of 2 of the new Peppermint Candy Cane Crowns. Talk to my dude Xanadew if you're interested (or if you trust me, you could just mail them to me with a request for however many Trees you might want; they're both fully Tradeable :D). ;)

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Sugar Sweet Dreams Plushie? I have a lot of those extra on Test as well (I don't think they're Heirloom only); they're also available for anyone who can set me up with 2 Peppermint Candy Cane Crowns. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think so. I haven't gotten a plushie from Santa Glug before.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Twyla Well-Known Member

Having a blast. I haven't had any issues yet with the quests and I'm about 1/4 of the way through my toons. Really loving the dome over Santa Glug, I can talk to him this year without maneuvering around everyone. Although I noticed today that some peeps have figured how to stay right by him still. The only thing I can think of is that they aren't engaging him. Maybe a 5- or 10-minute timer while under it would help, that would allow for the conversations from the Gardy quest I think.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like that mounts can't crowd around, blocking other players.
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

mounts are not a problem actually, we can turn off mounts on our side so we don't see them, but mercs and hoards of pets, ponies and other crap we can't UNSEE are a problem without solution
    Juraiya, Geroblue, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  20. Kassamai Member

Ignore input :p I had recipes hidden for some reason.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.