Fixed Internally Census No Longer Working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bisquette, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Bisquette Member

The EQ2U website (Census) is no longer working. Here’s the message from u.eq2wire.com:

As of 8:20pm PST, Daybreak Games have redirected Census.DaybreakGames.com to www.DaybreakGames.com. This change prevents Census from working for EverQuest II, DC Universe Online, and Planetside 2.”

I apologize if this isn’t the right forum, but I wanted to bring this issue to the Dev’s attention. I use this website a lot and really like having all that data available.
    Mowse, Songo, Indigo and 24 others like this.
  2. Xehuti New Member

I have a suggestion to The Great Overlords of Darkpaw Bring back the Puplic Cenus to your website Like the Great company S.O.E. did that way we are paying you guys for the info anyways, and no need for outside Private Sector Doing it. If you guys feel generous enough to do so.
    Ascac, Wannasticku and Sunlei like this.
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I too use this all the time, it is a great tool for the community.
    Bisquette, Ascac, Edaine and 3 others like this.
  4. Ascac New Member

Serious problem for me ... I organized so many information with bookmarks to eq2ui and other sources ....

Greetings Ascac
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I came here to report the same thing & so liked your post.

This is a serious problem, I use EQ2ui ALL the time! Please fix this community fansite ASAP. Thank you.
  6. Edaine Member

The community at large uses the information on there.
  7. Sunborne Member

I am aware that EQ2U is a "fan site" not run by DBG/Darkpaw. It does offer game information in exceedingly useful formats. Please restore census as fast as possible so that fansite can continue to support Everquest II players.
    Wannasticku and Ascac like this.
  8. Dawnmeadow Member

Can we please please please get a fix to this as soon as possible?? Such a HUGELY valuable asset to the player community!
    Wannasticku and Ascac like this.
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I suspect it was an unintended change and I hopefully it will get corrected.
    Bisquette, Wannasticku and Ascac like this.
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

To a minor degree this even effects your own launcher. It will no longer populate the last character you were on nor the list of characters you have.
    Bisquette, Wannasticku, Ruua and 2 others like this.
  11. Ascac New Member

To explain my thoughts. All the time i try to catch the Leader from "Schicksalsnova". It seems he doesn't play eq2 now. But i try to catch him with the "Last Login time stamp" in eq2wire.

WHY?

Because my son in the age of 9 (14 years ago) gave this guild the name. So i try to catch the Guildleader to save the guild and this name from the void. ;) Thats only one of many examples how i use eq2wire and finally census.

This census thing is very emotional.
    Wannasticku likes this.
  12. Spindle Well-Known Member

Oh My Gosh! Please remedy this error ASAP! Census is not only used by EQ2U by many, many, many players, it is also used by other fan sites and personal sites.

Please consider the number of players in this game alone who have more than 50 characters. Census, especially on EQ2U, is HOW they keep track of the characters items.

Also please consider the number of alternate to default UI settings, developed by players, available for players use.

Not sure what barfed in the code but it should be easily and rapidly fixed.

Many thanks in advance
    Bisquette and Wannasticku like this.
  13. Caith Developer

Census was shut down due to a back end issue that our Platform team is working on, we'll have it back up asap.
    Spindle, Smallcorners, Bludd and 6 others like this.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

I use the quest tracker on census to see what I have/have not done, and also to update the wikia as I go along. Without the tracker, this is a guessing game. Please fix!

ETA Caith posted just before I hit post, so yay.
    Wannasticku likes this.
  15. Ascac New Member

thx, thx, thx
    Bisquette and Wannasticku like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Everybody, please be sure to upvote the original post. That affects how they gauge the interest in an issue.

(2) EQ2 Wire isn't the only fan site that relies on Census. The wiki does, too.
    Smallcorners and Wannasticku like this.
  17. Ascac New Member

ofc
    Wannasticku likes this.