No more soda cans!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cusashorn, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The absolute worst thing added to this entire game's tradeskill system is the &#^@ing transmutation soda cans! I'm sick of looting them. I'm sick of offloading them onto a merchant for a few copper, and I'm sick of actually transmuting them into materials that I'm not guaranteed to get what I need and am never going to actually put in the time to use.

Most importantly, I'm sick of getting them from daily and weekly tradeskill missions!

Our time is finite, so why am I getting completely useless items for my efforts put into this game with tradeskill dailies such as in Forlorn Gist?

It would be more useful to just get the materials that we *could* get from transmuting in the first place. Either way, they need to be removed from the dailies and weeklies, which we've been given the impression are supposed to reward actually useful armor and weapon upgrades that are NEEDED for progression.
    Daelini, AOE1, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think most people feel the transmutation stones are an insulting letdown. /shrug
  3. Dawnmeadow Member

THIS!!!!

I HATE them - never use them - have gotten hundreds of them from BoL and RoS already and don't need to see them anymore.

Such an insult that some people are getting books they actually need and others are getting these for the same effort... I play the game to have fun, not to get stuck in a time sync while I wait for the RNG to actually spit out something useful. :(

I just want to be able to actually get my Advanced books and craft the things and enjoy the parts of the game I actually love the most...
    Quiarrah and Lateana like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The current batch of transmutation stones mute to form VoV adorning materials, so they are still useful, but only minimally so.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Get them out of the tradeskill daily/weekly RNG and put those back into small chest that can drop from any junk mob in the zones. I am not happy that out of running 12 crafters through the daily's I end up with from 4-6 of them and rooks, post, and mount recipes. This is the normal day so far. We need advanced books. Not transmutating stones and limited potions that at this level our chance of using are rare.
    Finora and Priority like this.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

Not a fan of having experts RNG locked again. Its getting old. Experts and MC gear should be readily available to craft upon completing the sig line.

By the time anybody can craft anything folks would want, nobody will want it.
    Quiarrah and EmJay like this.
  7. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

It's a parallel to cracking open them mountain dews irl ;)

But I do agree.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

I enjoy my mt dew. Transmute stones? Not so much.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

Personally, I am starting to appreciate these cans, I have 28 of them with the weeklies and daylies since the release of the extension.
    I tell myself that the cans are the rares and that the books are the common loots, so I feel lucky.
    Haha;)
    Well i got a statue once.
    Books, or else, none

And ye as said above, when we ll ve those Books, noone will b interisting in it. All the outfitters need em now.
    Make sense.
    It will make these trades, once again, useless
  10. Pathetica Active Member

I have almost a whole darned board of statues. If only I had decorated even one house so could use them.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Just counting the last 4 days of doing the daily, out of 44 trys, 21 were transmuting stones and 10 were chess pieces, some mount recipes and odd house items made up the rest. So with this average, what is the point? Just go play some other game till the advanced books we need hits the market below the 9.999,999 plat? Needless to say I feel I am wasting my time and money at this point.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

4 weeklies, 24 daylies and nothing apart stones and house items.
    Craft need to shine at the start of a extension not After 4 months when noone ll need your work.
    I find it really limiting to play on the fact that it is to make the pleasure
    last.
    it would be quite the opposite, imagine, a craft channel finally active with orders galore here and there, The players pulling out your talents ...

I start to find no more with this quest for havest without interest, Besides maybe doing it as quickly as possible to get through other things

It sucks to say that after so much effort we are linked to this luck factor to profit from our jobs, completely insane
    Pathetica likes this.
  13. Daelini Active Member

This...so much this.

It is idiotic to lock MC and spell books behind some half-brained RNG system where it takes forever to get what you need. By the time enough people have all the MC books, no one will need it anymore since they got better just running weekly solo quests and heroics.

Seriously, what is the point? I can't get the books to make any money at the beginning of the expansion and by the time I get them all, no one is going to need any of it so there is no point in crafting it.

I, like some others, do NOT need garbage "soda cans" and I do not decorate so all of that is simply wasting my time running the quests and again wasting my time deleting the garbage...so engaging and fun...
    Doobius40504 and Pathetica like this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

It's simple, craft is nerf cause it's a direct competitor to the marketplace.
    Pathetica likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Breanna likes this.
  16. Daelini Active Member

I did read that thread and another one where she commented:

That quote above is what has me, and I am sure some others, irritated. Who cares if we get the books we need quickly? Right now people could be making plat selling needed upgrades but no, instead we have to wait for however long it takes to get all the books and then see that none of the stuff we can make will be useful anymore. That is garbage and makes people not want to even mess with it. Why am I going to spend time doing daily or weekly TS quests when the majority of what I get is trash decorator items, idiotic transmutation stones and potions of progress? All of that just gets deleted and then have to wait another week (for the weekly) to try and get something useful again.

Put the advanced books back on trash mobs in small boxes like it was long ago. If they flood the market then so be it - at least we could craft something useful at the beginning of the xpac instead of craft nothing later on.
    Quiarrah and Priority like this.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

Exactly. Why, if content is balanced around experts, are we supposed to wait for them? Why is MC gear, thats only good for heroics, not available FOR heroics. Im at resolve for t1 raids. Know what im not buying, again, this expansion from a crafter? MC armor/weapons/jewelry.
    AvenElonis likes this.
  18. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I really think they need to move Experts back to vendor recipe books along with MC gear - just make Rares - rarer.
    Daelini and Priority like this.
  19. EmJay Well-Known Member

Denmum stated something to the effect awhile back about if they let everything drop easily at the beginning, she would hear complaints about nothing to do. Well, if I could only get my recipes books, I would be a happy camper and be able to craft for the rest of the year. If you are a crafter and you have the tools of the trade to work with, you craft. It's what you do. Right now its nothing but a big frustration and being angry about getting yet another house item or whatever. Let me get the books and I'll craft my own chess set. Let me get the books and I'll be able to help my raid get ready to raid.

Rares this year are rarer than they were last year. So, in response to Aven's post above me, the rares are rare enough.

The only good way to slow down progression is to develop more content, not try to stretch out what little you have. Short on devs? That is your problem except that we always pay the price dearly.
    Quiarrah and Daelini like this.
  20. Squidly Active Member

I would rather be rewarded a Mute Can, then that Potion of Progress. This potion is what I would really call a slap in the face. It has zero use for a lvl 125 crafter. At least with the Mute Can, I can Mute it into something useful.
    Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.