Removed Reforging and Infusing?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by MightyMeaghan, Dec 4, 2021.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Just making sure I understood the patch notes for the expac. They killed both infusing AND reforging?

I mean, I'm ok with that. At this point any reduction in feature bloat is a good thing.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's correct. Reforging still exists, but all you can do with it is add decorative particle effects to your weapons.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of these changes.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Me too tbh. I always hated infusing in particular. Now if they'd just get rid of crit mit resolve. And toss out fervor and potency while they're at it.
    Hartsmith, Tkia and NrthnStar5 like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

As long as encounters aren't designed around the assumption that everybody has 100% reuse and 100% casting speed...
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

why.. not hard to get at all
  7. dorotea Well-Known Member

I join the praise for these removals - we should get rid of other outdated and almost unsupported features as well, over time.
  8. Vunder Well-Known Member

the random gear you get needs to be smarter then. My chany is getting mit/block leather and nothing useful. So they need to really fix the smart loot, or bring back reforging. Im sitting in full solo leather drops with all the wrong stats.
    Pixistik and Mermut like this.
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

but you're probably at resolve and can mix and match and can use different adorns to get to where you need to be until you get the gear you "want". If it were all given to you, you're first run through, then you would have 0 reason to do it. Be glad its not like 2 expacs ago or so where you would be getting plate and chain, instead of at least something you could wear. I mean, what is the expectation, to be farming heroic 2's by tomorrow? thats 6 days into the expac, and then we'll complain that there isn't enough content lol.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cry more tears, leather-wearer, LOL! Mages gear has Block and MIT on it, and mages can't even use Block! It's not the smart loot, it's the cut-and-paste errors in itemization that have proliferated.
    rutro likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Complaint: "My character needs gear that allows for fine detail work and all I get are oven mitts"
    Rebuttal: "But your hands are covered now. And if you got useful stuff, you'd stop beating your head against the wall and be able to do your job well and stop playing."
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Channeler's can't use block either...
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

At least on leather gear we can all squint and pretend they meant it for brawlers. There are no cloth wearers who can use Block, it's completely nonsensical.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

Ok at least I have a reason to get def stats on my leather haha, cloth thing makes zero sense.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Umm...yes? People have been in T2s since at least Saturday.

Nothing wrong with asking for some thought to be placed into general itemization that affects everybody.
    Mermut likes this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Smart loot doesn't play into it. It's a lack of smart itemization in general. I don't know who handles itemization anymore, or if it's autogenerated, or what, but however it's being handled isn't working and hasn't been working for a very long time. There needs to be a dedicated dev that knows what he's doing creating these items.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Yea.. i forgot about you're guys Troub/troub jcap abuse lol.. its all good.. 0.5% of the population is in Heroic 2's atm
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Yup, only top 5 guilds have access to jcap/blightshadow.

Considering its been a full gear reset and everybody was on the same playing field, has it occurred to you that maybe we've just put in more work?
    Magdaddy likes this.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

lol.. not saying that at all.. no where in there did I say that. I just simply stated.. not all or even a high percentage are. Thats simply all. I was simply answering someone with a response he and you didn't like. /Shrug it is what it is. Resolve is what's needed, once there, then do what is needed, especially with the broken mechanics of some spells until they are fixed lol :)
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

Definitely what it sounded like and what you reiterated in your closing comment.