Doomhilda Painface as a reward in VoV?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bhayar, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

L30 OSer and started the new blue OS from /claim and my reward is Doomhilda Painface? Dear God, please say this is a mistake and we're working on it now. New OSers shouldn't ever, IMHO, be offering last xpac stuff as rewards. EVER...
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Well, it's like a bonus overseer quests with not much to wait for. L'île the one they did just before. I guess it ll b update latter, but your others quests will do best
    We all want those portions, other gear form overseer re always been a bonus
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

still old overseer season so, season 4 coming later
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am not too pleased with it giving old xpac stuff either. And what happened to that weekly overseer quest we were supposed to be getting?
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If you don't want to keep getting the mercs as rewards, then don't get rid of them. Stash them in a bank so the game knows you have a lore item on it. It actually increases the loot pool by removing one-off items that you can't have more than one of.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

for sure keep one in a broker slot not for sale
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This is an excellent point, though even I would have been expecting the new season (with all the new shiny prizes) to change at the same time as the newest expac is released.

Thank you for reminding me that this has a different release schedule.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

nah they offset the overseer seasons to not have to scramble to do that while making the expac
    Hartsmith likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

RoS didn't see an increase in the Overseer system for like... 4 months into the expansion.
  10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I do recall that (now), though it is easy to see why others might not realize that when one of the bonus items in the CE and PE is an overseer token. It wasn't in my budget, yet, so I hadn't actually looked at how it reads. Just noticed someone posting elsewhere about it.

Looking at it now and see that it is called "Visions of Vetrovia Weekly Overseer Adventure". Gotta be honest that that would raise the expectation for a lot of people. So I'm thinking it might be advisable for a Dev to have the description include the season that it actually awards prizes from. Maybe?
  11. EmJay Well-Known Member

Overseers last year were late because they were not done for release just like everything else we got three months later in the first game update. Because of that, I guess they now made it a "thing" even if it makes absolutely no sense no mater how you spin things to reward new quests with last expac items.
    Bhayar likes this.